Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Lets not argue whether the bbc are bad or not, as there is no argument, the bbc are s*#t I stopped watching tv and got rid of my tv so I didnt need to pay tv licence. And the bar stuards still took me to cort for £200.

So its not just a rant about bbc give him his job back and put a ban on him from talking to anyone fron lcfc then he cant piss them off, and if he is arrogant after this he may wind his neck in

riiiiight.

I just hope they get someone permanent and decent to replace him.

Remember the bad old days when we'd have a few weeks of Matt Piper and then a few weeks of other ex players with no personality, and then back to Piper?

At least Youngy became a regular respected by many people.

Do people really still care about this? I was slightly shocked and disappointed when it first happened, but ultimately it has happened and I highly doubt that will change. People calling for him to be reinstated need to get over it and move on. That's just life.

I'm sick of corporate BS. Tell us the real reason why they sacked him and then the people can decide whether they agree with those reasons or not.

Alan says himself he doesn't mind if the real reason is told, but the BBC are hiding it behind a load of corporate mumbo jumbo. That's the annoying part of all this for me.

If Radio Leicester don't want to be unprofessional and come out saying "We didn't feel he was good enough for the job" then that is fine. It undermines their position as an employer and makes them look petty to boot.

Why do you feel so entitled that you should get to know some juicy gossip. Because that's all it is at the end of the day.

AY will have his meeting with the BBC bosses tomorrow, they will explain why they're making the change but won't offer him his job back, AY will reluctantly accept the reasons, issue a statement wishing RL and LCFC all the best for the future and get on with the next stage of his life with his head held high and his dignity intact.

Just a guess...

"I share your love of Alan Young's expertise and passion and the contribution he has made to BBC Radio Leicester. His on air contribution and performance isn't in question"

^^ From Jane Hill's original statement.

So Radio Leicester appear to have no issues with the standard of his performance. If his performance representing the BBC is without reproach a number of possible issues put forward by a number of posters on here are irrelevant.

Football fans are a passionate lot, a couple of suits at the BBC probably thought this would be as easy as reshuffling the weekday morning schedules.

Personally, I'd have loved to see Youngy stick in his job. The local radio is exactly that. Unlike some, I don't really care a shite if it's brilliant commentary. I don't tune in on a Saturday afternoon to listen to in depth analysis and excellent reporting. I genuinely don't care. What I do want is someone who doesn't bore me to tears, pretty much says it how he sees it and is genuinely passionate about his local team.

Alan Young ticks all those boxes for me.

If the Beeb want to go for someone they feel is more in-tune with their listeners, I think they've made a mistake.

The country is going too politically correct. We have to be excellent this and excellent that. We can't be too outrageous or opinionated on anything, in case someone finds offence. However, As far as I can see, we are fast becoming excellent at pretty much fook all.

Youngy is individual, one on his own.. Let him keep doing what he's been doing. Personally, I find him refreshingly old-hat at a time when I am becoming ever more bored of the tedium of having to have someone who's supposedly great at something. The next new kid on the block. I'd let him stay and continue his tomfoolery with Stringer, who, though he aggravates me, I think is pretty much ok.

How can I put this? In a world that has become so serious on itself, of quick fixes, short-termism and arse-covering, I find the 'Youngy and Stringer show' refreshingly corny. It's like listening to something from the 70's. Good, say I. Let's have more corny and a bit less 'excellent', especially for a show where I just want to casually listen.

How would you feel if somebody got promoted over you because they were "refreshingly old hat" and an "individual"?

The BBC is funded by the licence payer so you cant blame them, for (trying) to ensure their product is of a high quality. That said Jane Hill has basically said its unrelated to his performance . . so untill we get a full explanation I guess its conjecture.

Also, unlike yourself, I am unable to out of all the things on the radio, "casually" listen to a Leicester City game. When I do listen, I listen intently and want to know about all the action, when it happens. Maybe thats just me.

Personally, I'd have loved to see Youngy stick in his job. The local radio is exactly that. Unlike some, I don't really care a shite if it's brilliant commentary. I don't tune in on a Saturday afternoon to listen to in depth analysis and excellent reporting. I genuinely don't care. What I do want is someone who doesn't bore me to tears, pretty much says it how he sees it and is genuinely passionate about his local team.

Alan Young ticks all those boxes for me.

If the Beeb want to go for someone they feel is more in-tune with their listeners, I think they've made a mistake.

The country is going too politically correct. We have to be excellent this and excellent that. We can't be too outrageous or opinionated on anything, in case someone finds offence. However, As far as I can see, we are fast becoming excellent at pretty much fook all.

Youngy is individual, one on his own.. Let him keep doing what he's been doing. Personally, I find him refreshingly old-hat at a time when I am becoming ever more bored of the tedium of having to have someone who's supposedly great at something. The next new kid on the block. I'd let him stay and continue his tomfoolery with Stringer, who, though he aggravates me, I think is pretty much ok.

How can I put this? In a world that has become so serious on itself, of quick fixes, short-termism and arse-covering, I find the 'Youngy and Stringer show' refreshingly corny. It's like listening to something from the 70's. Good, say I. Let's have more corny and a bit less 'excellent', especially for a show where I just want to casually listen.

Spot on !! :chant:

Come on, some of us might not be keen on his style but lets not start taking the piss out of the bloke, he's had well documented problems we all know that.

Indeed there's no need for it to turn nasty. Poking fun at the silliness of the situation is fine, but try to keep it civil.

AY will have his meeting with the BBC bosses tomorrow, they will explain why they're making the change but won't offer him his job back, AY will reluctantly accept the reasons, issue a statement wishing RL and LCFC all the best for the future and get on with the next stage of his life with his head held high and his dignity intact.

Just a guess...

Interesting view matey. Was wondering what your view was. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Could they back track?? Mmm, I haven't a clue. Will take your opinion on this.

Interesting view matey. Was wondering what your view was. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Could they back track?? Mmm, I haven't a clue. Will take your opinion on this.

There's no chance of a return. It's very clear of that. Even if AY hadn't gone to the papers I'd say the decision was irreversible. As Geoff has said, Alan needs to make a generic statement of best wishes, and then move on.

Do people really still care about this? I was slightly shocked and disappointed when it first happened, but ultimately it has happened and I highly doubt that will change. People calling for him to be reinstated need to get over it and move on. That's just life.

Obviously you do hence the post ? :D:D get over it and move on !

Archived