Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Guest MattP

People genuinely spent their monday night protesting? What a bunch of freaks.

And their Monday afternoon I imagine, probably came from the town hall.

It's not what's being said, it's what's not being said, if he's done something wrong he needs to say to his supporters, he knows why he has gone and thanks for the support, but let it drop.

If he's done nothing wrong, and they have dismissed him unfairly he should take it to court, but if he wants this support to continue he needs to explain what the bbc mean by Alan knows what happened, or just go away quietly.

He clearly didn't listen the Football Forum. If he had he'd know he's going there to be told why they got rid of him, again. Poor bloke.

Spot on.

I do feel sorry for him that his contract hadn't been renewed. Unfortunately, that is the risk of doing contact work. If that is how he was employed.

If he was fired, then they will have had to do it through the right channels. The BBC isn't going to miss too much HR stuff these days. So he'd know why he was fired. And he'd have had to do something quite serious to be dismissed without verbal and written warnings and some sort of performance improvement plan.

But I'm sure he'd have been on a contract. Which is no consolation to him. At his age, with his skill set, it can't be easy to find alternative employment.

Guest ttfn

<p>

Alan Young

28 minutes ago via Twitter

• I have a meeting with @janehill64 and @stuartthomas on Wednesday @BBCNottingham....I sincerely hope it's positive and yes I want my job back

This has got more than a touch of Partridge's Monkey Tennis lunch about it.

I am really quite undecided on this.

On the one hand, I think the timing of this is quite poor from BBC Leicester, and the general lack of public explanation, although maybe within reason, is adding to the frustration and mystery. I like it when fans unite for a cause and I guess if anything its good to see them passionate about a troubled ex player that lost his job.

On the other hand, Alan Young's analysis, although passionate, is often riddled with inaccuracy and his ability to accurately describe whats going on in the game is questionable. (Some might argue that should be down to Stringer entirely, but if you listen to 5live etc then the co commentator will describe action as well). We have just been promoted, and along with the players, staff, neighboring businesses, local authorities etc . . people have to step up their game. Part of me sympathises with Jane Hill, who in a position of power, has made a tough but understandable decision and the almost seemingly personal attacks that Jane is getting seems quite unfair and a little over the top.

I agree with some other posters who have said rather than question Alan Young, maybe the entire product should be looked at, including Stringer.

One thing is for certain though, people who are happy to relate this to him going back to his troubled times and trying to make BBC Leicester (potentially) responsible for such, are completely out of order.

Archived