Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Nothing against him at all and I appreciate his undoubted passion for the club, but he's the main reason I stopped listening to RL commentary towards the end of last season.

If you believed everything he said, you'd think every referee we had last season was a 4-year-old child who had a grudge against Leicester. I'd just get more and more worked up listening to him and wondering why the referee hasn't awarded at least one of the 42 stone wall penalties that Youngy insists we should have had.

Bit disappointed by this. Although the pair were incredibly cheesy together and often talked about sandwiches, they did have a good rapport and made the matches more exciting. Can't think who'll be next… Lee Danns? He did it once, said about 4 words but managed to stay off his guitar

I feel for him, I do. He wasn't the slickest commentator but he clearly loved doing it, was incredibly passionate and obviously loves the club. They could at least give him a reason, which I am sure is basically that they feel a Premier League club needs a higher quality commentator.

If they get in another former player who is equally unskilled but less passionate I'll be very annoyed.

I wonder what Ian will say on the football forum on Monday, I can see Steve Walsh or Muzzy Izzet replacing him

Was gonna say the same. They've both been guest commentators before as well, haven't they? Reckon it'll be Walshy, personally.

Archived