Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

I still believe it was badly handled

Can you substantiate that?

You have ZERO idea how it was actually handled. By the sounds of it the BBC havn't actually done anything wrong. AY was a freelancer. They called him up and said they didnt want him anymore for XYZ reason. Obviously AY doesnt agree/accept with the reason and some of the usual bandwagon jumpers here see it as an easy opportunity to start waving their arms about the BBC corporate machine being some form of evil.

No one knows what happened, if anything? hey it might just be "sorry AY, we don't think you're up to scratch we want a fresh face in for next season, thanks but goodbye" WTF is wrong with that? Who is OWED a living?

In anycase, as stupid as it sounds, what if it's because he'd turned up to work on several occasions drunk, said something cmpletely inapproriate to a BBC employee, stole something (this is all hypothetical), how much of a dick would you and the rest of the people waving their arms feel then?

Someone please close this thread, I know it's quiet during the summer but this is just 16 pages of garbage.

Can you substantiate that?

You have ZERO idea how it was actually handled. By the sounds of it the BBC havn't actually done anything wrong. AY was a freelancer. They called him up and said they didnt want him anymore for XYZ reason. Obviously AY doesnt agree/accept with the reason and some of the usual bandwagon jumpers here see it as an easy opportunity to start waving their arms about the BBC corporate machine being some form of evil.

No one knows what happened, if anything? hey it might just be "sorry AY, we don't think you're up to scratch we want a fresh face in for next season, thanks but goodbye" WTF is wrong with that? Who is OWED a living?

In anycase, as stupid as it sounds, what if it's because he'd turned up to work on several occasions drunk, said something cmpletely inapproriate to a BBC employee, stole something (this is all hypothetical), how much of a dick would you and the rest of the people waving their arms feel then?

Someone please close this thread, I know it's quiet during the summer but this is just 16 pages of garbage.I have explained why it was badly handled. They said it was part of a refresh. They then said his on-air work was very good, proving there was no need for  a refresh. They just needed to say he was leaving due to off-air reasons which they were not willing to go into and everybody would have accepted it.

I meant the info to the listeners was mishandled not their dealings with Young.

He never followed us before he got that job.

He got a good book promotion out of it and i bet he wasnt paid minimum wage at the bbc.

Im not that bothered about him leaving. Seems like the bbc have said he can tell us why he was let go yet he hasnt. Seems a little fishy to me.

He never followed us before he got that job.

He got a good book promotion out of it and i bet he wasnt paid minimum wage at the bbc.

Im not that bothered about him leaving. Seems like the bbc have said he can tell us why he was let go yet he hasnt. Seems a little fishy to me.

When he first started he was on something like £80 a game plus travel expenses for away games.

Just for info, that interview on youtube was done a day or two before the meeting on Wednesday.

Al's made his statement, he wants everyone to draw a line and move on as all the kerfuffle (for want of a better word) is helping no-one.

As someone else said, close the thread and let's talk football.

Best bit of commentary ever when Knocky got the winner at Forest. I'll miss the guy.....

totally agree - how anyone can say anything bad about a 104 appearance lcfc payer and hero is beyond me and all others that watched him paly his heart out for us !

Personally, I'd have loved to see Youngy stick in his job. The local radio is exactly that. Unlike some, I don't really care a shite if it's brilliant commentary. I don't tune in on a Saturday afternoon to listen to in depth analysis and excellent reporting. I genuinely don't care. What I do want is someone who doesn't bore me to tears, pretty much says it how he sees it and is genuinely passionate about his local team.

Alan Young ticks all those boxes for me.

If the Beeb want to go for someone they feel is more in-tune with their listeners, I think they've made a mistake.

The country is going too politically correct. We have to be excellent this and excellent that. We can't be too outrageous or opinionated on anything, in case someone finds offence. However, As far as I can see, we are fast becoming excellent at pretty much fook all.

Youngy is individual, one on his own.. Let him keep doing what he's been doing. Personally, I find him refreshingly old-hat at a time when I am becoming ever more bored of the tedium of having to have someone who's supposedly great at something. The next new kid on the block. I'd let him stay and continue his tomfoolery with Stringer, who, though he aggravates me, I think is pretty much ok.

How can I put this? In a world that has become so serious on itself, of quick fixes, short-termism and arse-covering, I find the 'Youngy and Stringer show' refreshingly corny. It's like listening to something from the 70's. Good, say I. Let's have more corny and a bit less 'excellent', especially for a show where I just want to casually listen.

Perfect comment !

Plus think about the fact that many expats like me have very few options for live coverage (or at least we did have until promtion :D ) the Foxesplayer is a guaranteed live broadcast and "was" a pleasure to listen too, Youngy has become part of my Saturday mornings in Brazil - will be surely missed. Thank God I now have so many streams to watch - no more radio leicester or foxesplayer for me !

totally agree - how anyone can say anything bad about a 104 appearance lcfc payer and hero is beyond me and all others that watched him paly his heart out for us !

Hang on a minute - How the **** is Alan Young a Leicester hero?

Please explain because I would love to hear your reasoning.

Hang on a minute - How the **** is Alan Young a Leicester hero?

Please explain because I would love to hear your reasoning.

Hmm! Not sure of your age,but as someone who saw him playing for us, i can honestly say, as a player, he was a bit of a hero for me at the time. He was a wholehearted player, who never gave less than his all, and was an important player for us, especially in our promotion year, under Jock Wallace. I dont think he was here for long enough to be considered a true Leicester legend, but he was a fans favourite of his time, and someone i have always remembered with respect.

lf you'd seen Youngy play you'd understand why a lot of us see him more than just a player passing through the club .

No I'm sorry that is absolute nonsense.  Prior to him being on Radio Leicester NOBODY would have mentioned Alan Young as anything more than just another player who has played for the club.  Sure we all have our favorite players for different reasons but to say Alan Young means more than any other player who has played for Leicester is bullshit.  

Hmm! Not sure of your age,but as someone who saw him playing for us, i can honestly say, as a player, he was a bit of a hero for me at the time. He was a wholehearted player, who never gave less than his all, and was an important player for us, especially in our promotion year, under Jock Wallace. I dont think he was here for long enough to be considered a true Leicester legend, but he was a fans favourite of his time, and someone i have always remembered with respect.

This.

Archived