Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

If Radio Leicester don't want to be unprofessional and come out saying "We didn't feel he was good enough for the job" then that is fine. It undermines their position as an employer and makes them look petty to boot.

Why do you feel so entitled that you should get to know some juicy gossip. Because that's all it is at the end of the day.

I don't understand why you think they would look unprofessional or petty by telling the truth?

I can assure you that I don't want the truth told for reasons of gossip. But if you want to make me out to be some tabloid loving gossip monger just so it makes your argument look stronger, then fine.

Look in all seriousness, everyone has their issues.... but for me, have these issues

Interfered with his public image and his ability to do his job? Has he had a mad dog instance of dropping his trousers in public and been up in court about it?

I haven't ever heard of him being unable to do his job either because of any personal issues....

Ive been a pretty big critic of Stringer and Youngs commentary, not them personally, but the way they dont actually tell me whats going on in the match.

Particularly early in the piece, there was never never any build up about where the ball was coming from, who had it where on the pitch etc..it was just... blah blah, hair, blah, sandwich... OH MY GOD WHAT A GOALLLL!!!

Credit to them, i think things improved from about the end of the previous season and the 13/14 commentary was much improved.

Just back to the Stringer interview of the BBC head guy.

After reading here how bad it was, i got to listen to the podcast in my sad little world drive home last night and thought Stringer did a pretty good job (and to be fair has upped his game when talking to NP). He asked the questions i wanted answered and its not his fault the BBC guy was pro enough to avoid them.

All i took from it was that AY had possibly made some mistakes away from the mic and the BBC were getting out early?

Also they were very definite that AY had been given reasons and they werent going to tell us them, but AY was free to do so.

So i would like Youngy, Stringer or someone who knows the situation and supports  AY to tell us what AY was told, only then should the public be deciding whether to "protest" and fight for reinstatement.

I cant decide whether to feel really sorry for Alan Young because he really thinks he could get his job back today, or whether it just confirms his arrogance.

I have no doubt we'll know by the end of today why hes been sacked because "Youn9y" wont be able to keep his mouth shut once Mr.Midlands today has patronisingly put him in his place.

Just posted this on his Facebook:

Hello you lot – thank you once again for your support over the past few years... especially in what has been a difficult week for me... and I've been genuinely overwhelmed by your kind messages.

I had a meeting with the BBC bosses today where we had a full and frank exchange of views and have parted on good terms, having accepted their decision. The BBC have decided to use a new summariser for the coming season and I would like to wish whoever that is my full support.

Of course I am extremely sad that my time at Radio Leicester as match summariser has reached this conclusion but I will retain many happy memories of those four seasons behind the microphone, giving my views on Leicester City, to you lot, our fantastic supporters.

It's now time to move on and draw a line under the past and I hope you will continue to give our great club – manager and players – as well as my former colleagues at Radio Leicester – your usual, magnificent support.

I do hope the lads have a fantastic time in the Premier League, as I'm sure they will, and I look forward to bumping into some of you at the KP during the coming season.

Once again, your support will always hold a special place in my heart.
Love you all,
Youn9y x

Guest MattP

He had no contract, they don't have to pay him a penny. He wasn't sacked just not renewed, which is their prerogative.

You do have to wonder though if they have shoved something his way despite that.

Seems a very strange frail way to give up the fight if not.

AY will have his meeting with the BBC bosses tomorrow, they will explain why they're making the change but won't offer him his job back, AY will reluctantly accept the reasons, issue a statement wishing RL and LCFC all the best for the future and get on with the next stage of his life with his head held high and his dignity intact.

Just a guess...

Spot on GP .

AY will have his meeting with the BBC bosses tomorrow, they will explain why they're making the change but won't offer him his job back, AY will reluctantly accept the reasons, issue a statement wishing RL and LCFC all the best for the future and get on with the next stage of his life with his head held high and his dignity intact.

Just a guess...

Are you Mr Jane Hill?

So, as he publically made a tit of himself saying "no one told me what I did wrong" , "im so hard done by"

Come on then youngy, why were you sacked? enlighten us, the people one here and wider who have slagged off the BBC and support you because you've fashioned the situation to look like you've done nothing wrong are owed this at the very least.

Guys an idiot. He know's he done something wrong, he should have just shut up and got on with it. It's probably exactly this kind of un-professional behaviour which is one of the reasons the BBC don't see him with a future with them.

You do have to wonder though if they have shoved something his way despite that.

Seems a very strange frail way to give up the fight if not.

It's BBC Radio Leicester, not sure they are into backhanders.

What's to fight, he's not getting his job back. He seems to have done something wrong, if that's the case it's best to keep your gob shut. Otherwise you could force RL into giving a blow to blow account of what they think you did wrong. Which could be end up making you look a tool.

No. 

Are you Jane Hill....

Maybe the pathetic specimens who abused BBC Radio Leicester, its senior staff and anyone who had the temerity to advocate his non-renewal as well as those who 'protested' outside will now go away and try and think of something else to moan about.

What an absolute ridiculous thing to get worked up about this has been. 

Guest MattP

It's BBC Radio Leicester, not sure they are into backhanders.

It's the BBC, they've covered for Jimmy Savile for 30 years so I doubt a backhander could be beyond them.

Agree with you though, does appear they clearly have something on him and whatever it is he now has realised it probably isn't worth it coming out for him.

It's the BBC, they've covered for Jimmy Savile for 30 years so I doubt a backhander could be beyond them.

Agree with you though, does appear they clearly have something on him and whatever it is he now has realised it probably isn't worth it coming out for him.

I know you love a dig at the BEEB but isn't that a bit like blaming Blaby District Council for a major Westminster Scandal?

Maybe the pathetic specimens who abused BBC Radio Leicester, its senior staff and anyone who had the temerity to advocate his non-renewal as well as those who 'protested' outside will now go away and try and think of something else to moan about.

What an absolute ridiculous thing to get worked up about this has been. 

Whilst I do not agree with abusing the BBC I still believe it was badly handled. Their statement said they wanted to 'refresh' the coverage which suggested his on-air performance had not been good enough.

Archived