Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bexs2011

BBC Radio Leicester's new summariser is...

• 2 weeks later...

It was a pre-season game v Walsall ffs

Why should that make his voice monotone and emotionless? That's just how he is. If Nugent scoring that beauty doesn't get you a little bit excited, not much will. He's not creating a good first impression when he needs to be.

It doesn't help that he isn't a Leicester fan, and doesn't refer to us as 'we', etc that Muzzy, Walsh for example would.

What difference does it make if the commentator or summariser is or is not a fan? I want to hear professional commentary and incisive summaries - without all the pointless flim-flam - and it doesn't bother me who the commentator/summariser supports.

What difference does it make if the commentator or summariser is or is not a fan? I want to hear professional commentary and incisive summaries - without all the pointless flim-flam - and it doesn't bother me who the commentator/summariser supports.

This.

The fact that he isn't a Leicester fan means listeners might get a more fair description of the game and decisions rather than all the 'stone wall' penalties we should've had last season and the 'never a penalty' penalties against us.

The fact that he isn't a Leicester fan means listeners might get a more fair description of the game and decisions rather than all the 'stone wall' penalties we should've had last season and the 'never a penalty' penalties against us.

That's all very well and good on something like 5live, but not being a fan of the club means that Taggart wont show the emotions that stringer does. To me it comes across as he couldn't give a flying filbert what happens. It needs to be a right balance between being impartial but also allowing showing passion, excitement and interest in the play, something that youngy and stringer achieved reasonably well. They managed it because they are as much of a fan as me and you and they actually care/d.

not being a fan of the club means that Taggart wont show the emotions that stringer does. 

There's conveying some emotion and there's going stupidly OTT like a squealing banshee as some local radio commentators do - I want to hear professional broadcasting with a bit of passion. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

There's conveying some emotion and there's going stupidly OTT like a squealing banshee as some local radio commentators do - I want to hear professional broadcasting with a bit of passion. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

I know of someone who fits that bill, mentioning no names but we used to sing "he´s here he´s there he´s every fkin where ....Alan Young ... Alan Young ...

Archived