Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Lewis Holtby

Well he went out to Fulham last year so you never know he could move to us. He obviously wants to play 1st team Prem football. That's what he came over for when he signed for Spurs - just didnt get it.

I would love to see him at us even for one season - Knocky, Mahrez and Holtby interchanging behind Ulloa - sounds good to me :D

I've spent the past year telling people I think he's a shower of shite! lol Not been impressed one bit since he came to the premier league. Spurs fans love him, but I can't see what he's done for them to be so impressed. Hopefully if we get him he can find the form that tempted Spurs to buy him.

I've spent the past year telling people I think he's a shower of shite! lol Not been impressed one bit since he came to the premier league. Spurs fans love him, but I can't see what he's done for them to be so impressed. Hopefully if we get him he can find the form that tempted Spurs to buy him.

You're a closer gooner mind.

Holtby is very good. He's been at two clubs in turmoil, the latter was a sinking ship when he arrived. How anyone can judge him based on his time in England alone is beyond me.

They signed him on a pre contract but paid about £1.5 million to get him in January rather than at the end of the season.

Oh right thanks, I thought that only happened on FM.

Just imagine this next season.

James Drinkwater

Mahrez Holtby Vardy/Knockaert/Albrighton

Ulloa

To me that midfield forward line will be more than good enough to stay up. I expect Vardy to push out wide a few times too

Holtby was excellent in Germany. He's a battler and I see him as a combative energetic midfielder. I think he'd like to play more attacking but he's a real step up for us I'm terms of possible targets and him, James and Danny would be great options.

Lewis Holtby would be a great signing if Nige could pull this one off. I'm doubtful it will actually happen though as I think he will have a number of clubs in for him if spurs decide to send him out on loan. If he did sign for us though he will undoubtedly want to be starting games, the question is who would be sacrificed at his expense and what formation would we play? Would be interesting.

4-2-2-2- james and danny holding cdm role. Knocky,mahrez or holtby interchanging. Ulloa and nugent strikers.

Looking at this backwards, I think it'd actually be fantastic for his career. I think we're a great club for a player in his position.

We've a young squad, amazing togetherness, a manager that's very loyal to his own chosen ones, he'll be a big fish, it'll help his confidence and if he grows the way Vardy, Knockaert, Drinkwater and Co have it'll do him wonders.

I'd just like to think that IF he comes and does well, we'd have a chance of keeping him. Or any loanee. I'm less keen on loans that have zero chance of permanent, unless the loaning club are that short of cash.

You're a closer gooner mind.

Holtby is very good. He's been at two clubs in turmoil, the latter was a sinking ship when he arrived. How anyone can judge him based on his time in England alone is beyond me.

lol I'll admit I've had a bit of thing for Arsenal, since Wenger joined really. Read the history of the club, it's pretty fascinating.

But I don't hate spurs, and I don't think all their players are shit. Big fan of Bale and never wanted him to go. Thought Ledley King was a brilliant defender too. I could go on. I actually think Holtby was marginally better at Fulham than he was at Spurs, so I'm not judging him on his time in England, and I know he did well in Germany. He was still shit for Spurs though and I'm still confused by the love he gets from their fans. I'm not gonna complain if we sign him, he'll just have to show a bit more for me to get excited about it.

Archived