Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Lewis Holtby

if we do actually sign the likes of Deeney and Holtby, id start to feel a little disappointed if we only finished 17th!

( if you'd of asked me a month ago I'd of been delighted with 17th!).

doubt we'd pay 100% of his wages in a loan deal, and I can't imagine he's on that much anyway signing for such little, so young. 

Left footed, midfield starter and cover/competition, young and hungry, wanted by a manager who likes to develop his own young, Germany caps, prem experience.

We would be mad not to accept a loan deal / actual transfer for Holtby - give him 30 games a year and he'll prove to be an important City player, 

Well he currently lives in London, it is a lot easier to just move to another london club.

Would be very happy if he chose our many pound shops on the high street over London's buzzing environment.

Probably quicker to get to Leicester than Croydon from Tottenham. :P

Yeah just literally bang up the M1, the entrance in to London off the M1 literally runs you right by Spurs training ground. You get stuck in the wrong traffic trying to get round to Croydon and you're there like ten thousand million years.

Plus Croydon is the absolute pits.

What, recycled sources you mean?

Leicester all day.

London is the most over rated city in the world.

Proper dump.

I think you're in a serious minority there buddy. Also, London would be a different city when you're a famous millionaire. Leicester probably doesn't change that much.

Leicester all day.

London is the most over rated city in the world.

Proper dump.

Like any city, London has its insalubrious parts and is ridiculously pricey. Having lived in both Leicester (New Parks Estate) and London (round the corner from Thurston Moore) I would choose to stay in London. Overall it's an amazing place to live and definitely not a dump. 

Agreed London is a dump. Spent 50 years living there and living here in Austria is just so much better in

terms of living quality. Although a bit of a commute for any of our new signings.

Agreed London is a dump. Spent 50 years living there and living here in Austria is just so much better in

terms of living quality. Although a bit of a commute for any of our new signings.

Why did you live in a dump for 50 years?

I'll always defend London, it's so much bigger and so different to anywhere else in the UK, it's really not possible to generalise and call it shit. Areas vary so much. You've got places like Stoke Newington, just impossible to describe really. Posh mams with prams walking by chicken shops full of rude boys with the sounds of indie boys practising their guitars from the window of the tiny flat upstairs. It's definitely odd, interesting and certainly not shit.

Why did you live in a dump for 50 years?

I'll always defend London, it's so much bigger and so different to anywhere else in the UK, it's really not possible to generalise and call it shit. Areas vary so much. You've got places like Stoke Newington, just impossible to describe really. Posh mams with prams walking by chicken shops full of rude boys with the sounds of indie boys practising their guitars from the window of the tiny flat upstairs. It's definitely odd, interesting and certainly not shit.

Apparently I've reached my rep quota for the day otherwise this'd be getting a +1 from me.

For what it's worth I always had the same opinion of the place as Bert but once I had to settle down here with the missus due to work commitments I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. The lure of this place is definitely something London clubs hold over us, whether they're traditionally "unfashionable" or otherwise.

Like any city, London has its insalubrious parts and is ridiculously pricey. Having lived in both Leicester (New Parks Estate) and London (round the corner from Thurston Moore) I would choose to stay in London. Overall it's an amazing place to live and definitely not a dump. 

I think it depends where you live. I can say London is fantastic, but thats because I live in Stoke Newington. Many outer suburbs are in steep decline and are pits which compare with New Parks or Boggy Fleas - Croydon springs to mind here, a pit with some of the worst 60/70s architecture in England. (It was also the only place during the 2011 riots where the met seriously considered using tear gas)

Apparently I've reached my rep quota for the day otherwise this'd be getting a +1 from me.

For what it's worth I always had the same opinion of the place as Bert but once I had to settle down here with the missus due to work commitments I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. The lure of this place is definitely something London clubs hold over us, whether they're traditionally "unfashionable" or otherwise.

Maybe I'm just unfortunate then. I've worked there plenty of times and stayed all around London, and pretty much wherever I've been I've hated it. Obviously there's decent places like every city, but London just isn't for me.

I think it depends where you live. I can say London is fantastic, but thats because I live in Stoke Newington. Many outer suburbs are in steep decline and are pits which compare with New Parks or Boggy Fleas - Croydon springs to mind here, a pit with some of the worst 60/70s architecture in England. (It was also the only place during the 2011 riots where the met seriously considered using tear gas)

Yes, I think you've put it better than me. I suppose I wasn't really taking the grey urban sprawl of Greater London into account and instead thinking about the places I like to visit and the experiences I've had. I live in Stokey too! My neighbours were nice in New Parks, as they were on Aylestone Road, the Narb and other places I lived. I guess I'm thinking more about opportunity and experience. Of course it is a personal thing and there are many things I miss about Leicester, not least Ajay's on Narborough Road. If you have ties to a place and an appreciation of its history, its people etc. then I guess you'll always defend it against being a dump or a shithole or whatever. I'd defend Leicester against such accusations too. 

Sorry to derail the thread - back to Lewis!

Yes, I think you've put it better than me. I suppose I wasn't really taking the grey urban sprawl of Greater London into account and instead thinking about the places I like to visit and the experiences I've had. I live in Stokey too! My neighbours were nice in New Parks, as they were on Aylestone Road, the Narb and other places I lived. I guess I'm thinking more about opportunity and experience. Of course it is a personal thing and there are many things I miss about Leicester, not least Ajay's on Narborough Road. If you have ties to a place and an appreciation of its history, its people etc. then I guess you'll always defend it against being a dump or a shithole or whatever. I'd defend Leicester against such accusations too. 

Sorry to derail the thread - back to Lewis!

agreed. I've been spending a bit more time In Leicester recently and if you have time to look around its actually a very impressive cityscape. True it's got its share of 60/70 concrete grot but so has everywhere. It could possible do with a bit more civic pride however....where do you live in Stokey?

Archived