Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Itsthejoeker

Kuwait City Ground Stadium

Well, that will give Physco millions of pounds to spend in the transfer market. But why should he need to? Didn't they have the best team in the league last year, wrecked by injuries, King Billy's madness (amazingly overlooked in the fawning over William when he made his glorious return to take them back to the Cloughie days) and other teams raising their game against this giant of the game?

That's the problem fans don't seem to care about changing their kits, changing stadium names etc as long as millions are being spent.

Is being sponsored by a country any different to being sponsored by a company though? It's unusual and it does sound terrible but it's not really any worse or better in terms of its concept than the iPro Stadium or the KitKat Crescent is it?

paddy power park is the funniest

Least we now know how they will scam their way out of FFP.

11/12  - Loss £12m

12/13 - Loss £17.1m

13/14 - ???? (A season in which they spent more on transfers than the previous season - Paterson, Mackie, Abdoun, Wilson, Hobbs, Djebbour all costing about a mil or over)

14/15 - Still continuing to spend money

I was never bothered about the walkers being renamed as it's a relatively new ground so it was always going to be inevitable that sponsorship would affect it's name. I'd love it to be called Filbert Way but I can never see it happening. However id be really against it if we had tried to rename Filbert Street. That's some serious tradition that's getting stamped on there.

Kuwait city is the capital of Kuwait so they are being sponsored by a city in a different country

I read it as the 'Kuwait, City Ground Stadium' rather than 'Kuwait City, Ground Stadium'.

At least it means they'll stop singing "You're not English any more" at us.

Because that's what that song's really about, isn't that right lads?

I do hope you're not inferring that that chant was in any way racist!

Oh no, never, not at all. That chant was a cutting critique on the unsustainable nature of overseas investment in UK sport. 

I do hope you're not inferring that that chant was in any way racist!

Oh no, never, not at all. That chant was a cutting critique on the unsustainable nature of overseas investment in UK sport. 

A Block - The Kings of Biting Satire.

Obviously.

I don't know why some of you take the "World famous City Ground" announcement seriously. It's tongue in cheek. Sheffield Untied do the same thing.

Unfortunately there's no way it's tongue in cheek.

That's the problem fans don't seem to care about changing their kits, changing stadium names etc as long as millions are being spent.

They will need to pay Pearce off soon and bring Billy back, so this extra revenue will help.

Archived