Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

League 1, 2 & JPT 2015-16

Beckford scores for Preston.

:crylaugh: How the mighty have fallen - didn't even know he'd signed for them.

Mind you it was a decent header.

Every time Gallagher gets on the ball I'm reminded he's still pulling in £25k/week thanks to Sven and it's making me sick.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if Russ Milton is still in 'caretaker' charge at Cheltenham. If so he deserves some credit for his transfer dealings today. Got Matt Sparrow and Sean Harrad in on loan...Both should do a decent job there!

I believe he is.

Anyone see the Wycombe player last just 3.7 secs before being sent off. Came on as a sub then when play resumed it was a goal kick and he elbowed player in the face when trying to head the ball. Brilliant lol

There trying to get it into the guiness book of records

• 4 weeks later...

Was departing cedar court hotel in Bradford today when PNE players walked in for a pretty match get together!!!.

Saw Gallagher and only the weak feel pressure Beckford!!!

Oh and Kevin Davies....I was looking into his eyes... He knew i knew!!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted for Burton. Played! Just to stay in League 2 was an achievement and they've quickly improved over the last few years topping it off with this impressive promotion.

Hope they keep Jimmy Floyd for a couple more seasons, he's a splendid man. It's got to be pretty inspiring for Burton players to have him as their boss. He'd rouse me (sorry, reading a thesaurus). He'll likely be managing in the Premier League in a few years.

Delighted for Burton. Played! Just to stay in League 2 was an achievement and they've quickly improved over the last few years topping it off with this impressive promotion.

Hope they keep Jimmy Floyd for a couple more seasons, he's a splendid man. It's got to be pretty inspiring for Burton players to have him as their boss. He'd rouse me (sorry, reading a thesaurus). He'll likely be managing in the Premier League in a few years.

I feared the worst for them when they lost Rowett but Hasselbaink's record has been superb. They've a decent record of bringing in managers so if they do lose him they'll no doubt bring in a decent replacement

Preston and MK Dons currently winning at Notts County and against Doncaster respectively.

Them two teams now definitely deciding the second automatically promoted club to the Championship. Preston with a one-point cushion going into the two last matches of the regular season.

Shrewsbury promoted to League One, by the way. Worthy runners-up behind Burton - they are a good team with solid, sturdy management.

Hope they fare well next season - not at least because of Jason Leutwiler in between sticks. :thumbup:

Absolutely horrified that a team like Tranmere Rovers can be relegated to the conference. Tranmere were a worthy rival to us in the early 90s, John Alrdidge, Pat Nevin, Liam O'Brien etc were a formidable side. And of course our last trip to Wembley was against them. Luton, Oxford and Grimsby from back then have fallen through the trapdoor in recent years but there can be No excuses after going down from League 1 last season & double relegation, all you can say is bad management off the field has contributed to their downfall, the bizarre appointment of Rob Edwards was the beginning of their doom. Edwards went on to become Cheltenham's assistant manager who have also gone. The Conference is a black hole that will suck you in and it takes years to get out of it. Without a doubt the hardest division in English football to get out of.

Archived