Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

I don't we have the pace to contain their runners. Monday night they had 6/7 players going forward everytime.

I thought we looked good at set pieces last week so potential danger there, then again it's Cahill and Terry this week. I think we'll miss Vardy's raw pace but hopeful we can give a good account of ourselves.

“We’ll treat all our opponents with respect this season but not fear them. And we’ll try and impose the way we play, whether against Chelsea or anyone else. We’re not a team that parks the bus. We’ll try to win the game. That’s Nigel’s philosophy"

from interview with stve walsh in today's Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/22/steve-walsh-leicester-city-chelsea-jose-mourinho

Great read  :scarf:

Hull played a 4-4-2 and looked constantly overrun. I'm hoping we play 4-5-1/4-2-3-1.

It takes a lot of luck and discipline to just 'go for it' against teams like Chelsea. They will make chances regardless which we need to ride our luck with but with 4-4-2 we also need every player switched on and working hard for 90 mins.

Pearson's not a small time manager which is good. He won't sit there moaning about transfer budgets, referees, being at a disadvantage etc, he'll go there believing we can win the game and if we don't he won't make excuses.

I think this could make a difference come the end of the season.

The team has to believe its good enough to compete with Chelsea and any other Premiership team, no question of this being a bonus game. If it were the last match of the season and we needed 3 points to stay up it wouldn't be a bonus so why now. Have to approach every game in the same positive manner. If Chelsea hammer us today it has to be because they were brilliant not that weknew w would lose

Whatever, we will learn a bit more about our teamtoday. Score draw.

Archived