Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

We have a team that realistically hasn't adjusted to the Premiership yet.  NP believes that many of the squad can make that adjustment but only time will tell.  Today we play a quality team and if they put in a good performance we're likely to lose.  However, there's no point in any of our players turning out if they believe that this is a foregone conclusion, which many on this thread appear to feel is the case.  At the very least we need a good performance and to cause Chelsea problems.  If we can do that and maintain the confidence in the squad that served us so well last season we might just get something out of the game.

2-1 Chelsea. If they score early they'll just play it like it's a game on the local park, they don't seem to win 6-0 against the bottom half anymore.

This is where our team spirit kicks in, we know we're likely to lose today but the squad will pick themselves up again and be ready for Arsenal next week.

I think I'll just do the garden, rather than watching a live video feed, because it looks as if we might as well not turn up: http://www.kickoff.co.uk/23659/5-reasons-why-leicester-city-could-be-overrun-at-chelsea-premier-league-preview/.

Oh I do hope the Chelsea players are reading this stuff.

“We’ll treat all our opponents with respect this season but not fear them. And we’ll try and impose the way we play, whether against Chelsea or anyone else. We’re not a team that parks the bus. We’ll try to win the game. That’s Nigel’s philosophy"

from interview with stve walsh in today's Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/22/steve-walsh-leicester-city-chelsea-jose-mourinho

Archived