Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Win, lose or draw no matter what the score, have fun and do yourselves PROUD. Thats for the team and the FANS. One more thing our boys can beat any team in the world when thay play like they can, obviously the best teams in the world like chelsea wil beat us if thay play like they can, so lets just get behind thr lads and show the rest of the country what we're made of

im leicester til I die

Just think of it like a world cup. I eventually convince myself England are going to win it - always. And I'm disappointed - always.

I've convinced myself now that Leicester can win but I'm 99% certain that won't happen - but I'm holding onto that 1% (until around 3:30 I imagine).

Come on you reds!!

It really isn't. The reason we're negative now is because it's Chelsea we're playing.

If anything it's the opposite in my view. Excessive demands, "delusions of grandeur" and booing when it was completely unnecessary did more damage than a lack of ambition.

Absolutely spot on...

HARK NOW HEAR

:thumbup:

We have a chance because burnley were poor overall. whether we can surprise them early and hang onto something remains to be seen. Our best periods against Everton came when they were tiring. or was it because we came to terms with the level of football we were playing? guess this afternoon will show us where we are in respect of the best sides ( actually we know we are well below that on a sustainable basis). I do worry that by the time we see the team against our peers (stoke and palace away), there will be no changes possible until January.

never boring being a fox!

I'm glad we have his game now and not at the end of the season. Who knows what position we will be in come the spring.

As NP and his team have gone thro the fixtures I wouldn't be surprised if he's looked at this and thought, we will be lucky to come away with something from there. That should  not detract from the fact that he/they will go out there and do their utmost to cause what many would call an upset. Stranger things have happened!

I can imagine, in his thoughts, he has factored in a home win for this fixture but if we come away with anything, and let's face it, on paper it looks unlikely given the gulf between the 2 squads, then that's a bonus and a great result.

I, as much as I hope we can, can't see us doing a job on Chelsea or even coming away with a draw but I will be making the journey down with no expectations and, even if we go 2, 3, 4 - 0 down, will not stop singing/supporting my team for that reason

There is no disgrace or shame in losing to this Chelsea team, especially at their gaff, afterall, we are the new kids on the block and have a big learning curve in front of us.

If Wes and Liam put in the kind of shift they did against Lukaku, we may have half a chance of something but it's a big ask to keep this Chelsea attack at bay, let alone penetrate their defence.

I can see Knocky having a good game today and maybe some "Crafty" play from Riyad too. (Maybe that is what is going to be needed).

Going to be seriously excited to see how Vardy fares against his first Prem side too. (Should he play)

No matter what happens today, I'm going to have a great day and just enjoy the occasion. These fixtures have been a long time coming.

COYR

Just go with

------------------Kasper

---------Morgan. Moore

De Laet---------------------Schluup

---------------Hammond

----------King -------Knocky

albrighton Nugent Mahrez

-----------------Ulloa

Let's attack them from the off, leicester win 3-2

I would never have delusions of grandeur - I would say Leicester's my club, if not my city, and I would say - I don't give a shit who you are - my club are going to do everything they can to knock you over - whoever you are and no matter what resources you have at your disposal.

If they come out on top, then so be it, but it doesn't mean we should roll over and die before a ball is kicked.

Get a grip people!!!

Nobody is saying that. We're all aware that we have a good team this time around capable of the odd upset here and there, but it is still unlikely we'll get anything out of Stamford Bridge today.

We'll give it our best shot, no doubt - but that won't be enough. The difference in class is enormous. Let's not forget we're the newly-promoted side here still adapting to the level of intensity and skill in the Premier League. It's only our second league game, after all.

Call me pessimistic but in my mind the margin is three. If we can keep the score to just three goals deficit, we'd have done ok. Anything else becomes a drubbing, becomes embarassing and the media would tear us to bits.

bit of an exaggeration to say the media will tear us to bits if we only win 3-0, I do think we'll beat the renters more comfortably than that though in fairness.

Just go with

------------------Kasper

---------Morgan. Moore

---------------Hammond

albrighton Nugent Mahrez

-----------------Ulloa

Not sure if they will let us have 12 men...

Just go with

------------------Kasper

---------Morgan. Moore

---------------Hammond

albrighton Nugent Mahrez

-----------------Ulloa

WTF is this?  lol

Call me pessimistic but in my mind the margin is three. If we can keep the score to just three goals deficit, we'd have done ok. Anything else becomes a drubbing, becomes embarassing and the media would tear us to bits.

Agreed. Obviously I'd love a win but even our strongest team would do well to get a point and unfortunately we are injury ravaged.

4-1 Chelsea.

As echoed previously, if we do get beat it will only be 3pts lost no matter how heavy the scoreline is.

Anyway, most bottom half teams get at least one spanking a season in excess of 4/5 goals by one of the teams in the top 6. Think ours will either be here or Man City away depending on both teams form at the time.

Like most City fans, I think we will be lucky to get anything at all out of this: if we "only" lose 2-0, lots of people - including most neutrals - will think we did OK. That's not being pessimistic - it's being realistic.

The result won't bother me too much (unless we win 2-0, in which case I will have a fvckin coronary) as long as the whole team puts in a real shift. Pre-Pearson (and also under Sousa and Eriksson) all too often we had players who clearly didn't give a flying fvck about the result, the team or the fans, and that used to p1ss me off big-time. One of the wonderful things about virtually every player that Pearson has signed is that they are like most of O'Neill's players, playing their hearts out and giving their all for the full 90 minutes.

To be honest, I am hoping that Chelsea are a bit cocky, and believe what it says in the papers. Not saying we will win, but I think Mahrez, Knockaert and Vardy (if he plays) could give them a real fright, and that will be great to see.

I said before it all kicked off that from the first 5 games 4 points would be good, 5/6 would be great, anything more would be pretty outrageous. We've got got the draw on the board so a win from the next 4 and we've done ok.

Like Col said, if we can keep them to 2/3 goals we'll have done fine. They still don't look that great defensively so nicking a goal would be nice.

Not sure if they will let us have 12 men...

Haha why not? I'm sure they will have the ref, this will make it 12 aside.

The team was supposed to be Nugent or Ulloa, major **** up writing it.

But a 4-3-3 with the fullbacks pushing on, Hammond sitting, Knocky and king further forward, Mahrez and albrighton on the wings and Nuge or Ulloa up top.

L

Archived