Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

I'd defo let Vardy loose on them. I genuinely think he'll terrorise a lot of CBs this season - espeically aged campaigners like Terry, Ferdinand etc

Not sure about Terry... still think he's England's best centre back! However you're definitely right, Vardy could be a big hit in the prem, needs to get some playing time tomorrow, if not from the start.

i would go with this

Kasper

Moore    Wasyl    Morgan   Konch

^       King      Hammond     ^ 

Mahrez                               Schlupp

Vardy    Ulloa

Don't think GTF and RDL will be able to keep up with it TBH.......

subs:  Knocky, GTF, Nugent, RDL, Hamer, Hopper, upson[/size]

I thought upson was out for three months?

Your questioning that beforequestioning why the hell our best and only RB, RDL has been dropped and Moore who had a quality game against Everton at CB is replacing him.

Vardy must get a run out at some point.

We need him 100% match fit asap.

Yeah that's the only thing, with a player that relies on energy and work rate like him I don't think we'll be seeing him near his best for a while. Hopefully won't take long though!

Your questioning that beforequestioning why the hell our best and only RB, RDL has been dropped and Moore who had a quality game against Everton at CB is replacing him.

Agree, Moore is a quality young centre half, but as we saw last season he isn't a right back, RDL pace will be needed at the back for this one.

Agree, Moore is a quality young centre half, but as we saw last season he isn't a right back, RDL pace will be needed at the back for this one.

I think you have misunderstood what I was saying.

I agree RDL needs to play, and the back four should be unchanged,

Will be interesting to see the reaction on this forum if we lose( highly likely)

It's an unusual situation for us to play a game where there is little pressure on us to win

I'll put my cards on the table .

If we lose by a 2 goal margin that will be what I expect.Any better is a good result.

Given the loss of our midfield core I hope we don't lose heavily,

That ,I believe,is realistic not pessimistic

Will be interesting to see the reaction on this forum if we lose( highly likely)

It's an unusual situation for us to play a game where there is little pressure on us to win

Like the Brighton game last season after we won the title and lost 4-1? If that is the scoreline this time I don't think we can moan, Chelsea are a far better team than us. Anyone who moans is deluded. What is encouraging though is that we came back strong from that hammering and went unbeaten for the last few games, hopefully we can do the same this time if we lose that is, imagine this forum if we win!

Like the Brighton game last season after we won the title and lost 4-1? If that is the scoreline this time I don't think we can moan, Chelsea are a far better team than us. Anyone who moans is deluded. What is encouraging though is that we came back strong from that hammering and went unbeaten for the last few games, hopefully we can do the same this time if we lose that is, imagine this forum if we win!

Weren't your moaning at half time last Saturday?

Weren't your moaning at half time last Saturday?

Yes, I had a half time rant whilst queuing up for a pie at the KP but it was out of pure frustration. I explained this last week, Everton murdered us for the last 20 minutes of the first half which is something I have grew unfamiliar with over the last few years, fans need time to adapt to the Premier League too you know!

I look at this game differently to last week's one. We are playing one of the best teams in the world away from home. Last week we were making our return to Premier League at home against a team who had a poor pre season and have a reputation for being very much beatable on the season opener.

We are not expected to get anything from this game. So assuming we don't get a result, seeing a good performance, not letting our heads drop, not conceding sloppy goals, or from set pieces. Creating chances and how we keep the ball are the things I'm hoping to see. And if we score it's a plus.

I get the impression the majority of this forum are thinking logical about tomorrow which is good to see.

Archived