Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Malky Mackay - Vincent Tan's revenge

Tan is a particularly unattractive character and rides rough shod over what the fans want but he refrained from making any of this stuff public when it would have deflected a lot of the flak he took  at the time that the position of Mackay and his mate became untenable and were sacked . The papers suggest there are thousands of texts and e mails in similar vein and there are also oblique references to financial improprieties as yet undisclosed.

If Tan is eating his dish of revenge cold  he has earned the right IMO - if there is anything being said or published of a slanderous or libellous flavour then sue .

THE DAMNING MESSAGES 

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)

Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

Guest MattP

It's crude but if that's a list of the most offensive of the lot it's probably not career ending.

Certainly seen ten times worse in the offices I've worked in.

The player states he wasn't good enough/the managers type but goes on to say that it doesn't excuse Mackay's racism. I'd hardly say he's jumping on the bandwagon, he finally speaking out after not daring to speak about a man who the press had painted as a victim

He doesn't say he wasn't good enough, he says he wasn't "his type of player".

Given that the rest of his tweets are calling Mackay a racist I don't think it takes a psychology degree to work out what he's getting at.

Perhaps this kid is just the tip of the iceberg though and more will come out in due course.

Guest MattP

and did you speak up about the racism in the offices you worked in?

Nah it was young lads having a bit of office banter and we were all good mates anyway, all different races anyway so would have been ridiculous to start accusing Jews of anti-semitism of calling up a black guy for using the N word. Nothing to gain.

Had you released the emails to outsiders not knowing the full story though it would have looked horrific.

Had it been personal bullying though I would have said something.

Of course Tan should have been more professional, but does anything about his tenure at Cardiff strike you as professional? The man is a completely unpredictable loose-cannon of a chairman. He's obviously a very vindictive man and there's a lot of bad blood between him and Mackay/Moody, so it's no surprise to me that if he had dirt on them then he'd have no qualms about using it.

Whether Mackay and Moody have any legal recourse remains to be seen, but as all of this evidence was uncovered in connection with Cardiff's high-court sanctioned investigation into dodgy transfers, I doubt they'll have any recourse at all. Of course, Tan will have had an inkling about the texts and emails and probably asked the firm he hired to get them all. Bet he couldn't believe his luck when he saw all the shit they'd been sending each other. You can bet he's been looking for a way to **** those two over, and they just gave him the motherload.

However it's come about, I'm glad Mackay has been exposed for the bully that he clearly is. There have been rumours for a long time, but this finally proves that the man is fairly despicable. The shame of it all is that he's clearly a very decent coach, but he's probably seriously set his career back now and I can't see him getting a decent managerial position again for a long time, and it'll serve him right, the prejudiced twat.

People do realise that these texts were only dug up because of some dodgy financial dealings and not because Tan has an axe to grind, right?

You won't find texts like that on my phone. :rolleyes: They were dug up because they were sent.

Some people think Mackay is the victim

Nobody thinks that now, surely?

Ignorance and xenophobia drove the initial view that Mackay was wronged when he was sacked in the first place.

A couple of people on here are uncomfortable that he's been submitted to the 21st century equivalent of being put in the stocks without having a chance to defend himself (not that it is remotely conceivable how he would go about doing that given some of the correspondence he's been involved in).

You won't find texts like that on my phone. :rolleyes: They were dug up because they were sent.

No they were dug up because there was a legal investigation connected to financial impropriety. If Mackay was actively trying to avoid signing or playing players of a particular race, religion or orientation (which some of the texts/emails suggest he may have been) then they are relevant to that investigation.

You may not have anything of that nature, nor would I hope most people would, but there will be thousands of similar messages sent daily and Mackay's unpleasant nature wouldn't have emerged without a cause for people to be looking at his messages.

More than anything he and Moody strike me as prize berks - if you're going to send such moronic messages then don't do it on work property.

No they were dug up because there was a legal investigation connected to financial impropriety. If Mackay was actively trying to avoid signing or playing players of a particular race, religion or orientation (which some of the texts/emails suggest he may have been) then they are relevant to that investigation.

You may not have anything of that nature, nor would I hope most people would, but there will be thousands of similar messages sent daily and Mackay's unpleasant nature wouldn't have emerged without a cause for people to be looking at his messages.

More than anything he and Moody strike me as prize berks - if you're going to send such moronic messages then don't do it on work property.

They strike me as racist, homophobic and antisemitic.

While Mackay & Moodey are prize twats for sending that sort of stuff, this is incredibly unprofessional by Tan - hand them to the fa and keep schtum while it's investigated - flapping his chops to the papers suggests he just wants to sabotage Mackay, moodey and palace.

Rather unsettling that people are ready to have him hung, drawn and quartered before this is investigated and he's had a chance to explain himself.

While Mackay & Moodey are prize twats for sending that sort of stuff, this is incredibly unprofessional by Tan - hand them to the fa and keep schtum while it's investigated - flapping his chops to the papers suggests he just wants to sabotage Mackay, moodey and palace.

Rather unsettling that people are ready to have him hung, drawn and quartered before this is investigated and he's had a chance to explain himself.

As I've previously said, surely if you want to sabotage Palace the surely you'd wait for them to hire Mackay and THEN release the details and force Palace to sack him and throw the club into chaos?

I think we're all waiting with baited breath for Mackay to explain what he really meant by 

'Fkn chinkys'

'Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering'

Agree. They have no right at all to make these emails/texts public.

It's a thin line and a question of decency, I concur. Neither side is really doing it the smart way.

It reminds me of a fight between two school kids. Both the club (Tan) as well as the previous staff (Mackay, Moody) are so stupidly quick to tell on people.

However, one can assume Mackay and Moody were acting on behalf of the club using equipment provided by Cardiff (computers, cell phones) back then, so those conversations and messages aren't really a private matter.

As I've previously said, surely if you want to sabotage Palace the surely you'd wait for them to hire Mackay and THEN release the details and force Palace to sack him and throw the club into chaos?

I think we're all waiting with baited breath for Mackay to explain what he really meant by

'Fkn chinkys'

'Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering'

I'd say that waiting till they've almost got everything tied down and then ruining that new managers reputation and throwing them back to the start, while the end of the transfer window is fast approaching is pretty good sabotage.

At the moment we don't know that he actually made those comments - condemning him before it's been investigated is pretty much guilt by accusation followed by mob justice, and that is not the basis of any civilised justice system

While I do agree with this, and think Tan is a complete idiot, If a pair of goons had what looks like basically stolen tens of millions of pounds off me and I had this sort of dirt on them, I'd probably be tempted to expose them myself.

I'd say that waiting till they've almost got everything tied down and then ruining that new managers reputation and throwing them back to the start, while the end of the transfer window is fast approaching is pretty good sabotage.

At the moment we don't know that he actually made those comments - condemning him before it's been investigated is pretty much guilt by accusation followed by mob justice, and that is not the basis of any civilised justice system

He ruined his own reputation by sending those texts.

We do know they made those comments as they are from their phone to their staff and to agents they were dealing with. 

What we don't know is why he sent them. The options are 

a) he's a racist, sexist, homophobic, antisemite

b) he's a sexist, racist, homophobic, antisemite

The dossier was sent to the FA a week ago too, only now have they been released.

Archived