Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sdb

RDL

saying RDL has been our best (permanent) right back for a number of years isn't saying much to be fair, his predecessor was Robbie Neilson

It was his blistering pace and sheer determination to knock Mata off the ball that enabled him to make the pass in the first place

Mata was falling already RDL just got to the ball quicker

I think this is an age old problem, balancing attacking flair with defensive surety. In my view, his pace and desire to get forward are worth more to our style of play than someone who can defend more robustly but is less capable of getting up, but I understand why people want tight first. The problem is you can end up being Burnley....

Most of the top full backs I can think of started a bit shaky at the back and great when bombing on. The reason they become the best is that it's easier to hone defensive positioning than to teach when and how to blaze up the wing. There has to be balance, of course, and while Schlupp could be accommodated in the Championship, it would be too risky to let him lean his trade at left back in the Prem (even though that's where I think he'll be best in the end).

As many other posters have said, any full back in the world could be made to look stupid by Di Maria and Hazard. Very few could/would have nicked the ball from Mata and have the composure to play Vardy in like he did. As such, while he's looked shaky at times, I'd keep him in for a few more games at least. It's great to have Simpson pushing for a game though-a solid back up is great news for everyone.

His pace was sorely missed last season when he was out injured, but you need a little more than that at this level.

He's been at fault for quite a lot of goals already this season and it seems like teams are starting to target him. Simpson should start on Saturday in my opinion and then see how it goes.

saying RDL has been our best (permanent) right back for a number of years isn't saying much to be fair, his predecessor was Robbie Neilson

Mata was falling already RDL just got to the ball quicker

Yeah, you're right. RDL played barely any part in that goal and doesn't deserve any credit. Anyone could have done it

just tweeted ''O well there is always next time''

Dropped for Saturday?

If so im not sure twitter is the best place to be sulking about it.

Bloody hell are people really that desperate to over analyse any little info they can get? He might've been to buy a fvcking lottery scratchcard with a tweet like that!

Dropped for Saturday?

I like RDL but i think it's time to see what Simpson has to offer. Simpson to start against Burnley for me.

Bloody hell are people really that desperate to over analyse any little info they can get? He might've been to buy a fvcking lottery scratchcard with a tweet like that!

Maybe he was hoping to get an international call?

Dropped for Saturday?

Maybe he was hoping Vardy will get a call up. Or De Laet was hoping for a Belgian call up.

He might have had a shit and had to wipe for all we know

Not desperate at all, who are you trying to belittle? My answer is more realistic than him tweeting about a ****ing lottery scrathcard. 

Not desperate at all, who are you trying to belittle? My answer is more realistic than him tweeting about a ****ing lottery scrathcard.

Not belittling I'm pointing out that perhaps every little tweet isn't necessarily some great mystery to be read into. I used the scratchcard reference to make an example of how absurdly vague that tweet was.

He is good when he bombs forward, however, he is a defender and as a defender he is quite poor. Switches off doesn't follow his man, fails to track back, gets beaten quite easily. Someone mentioned play him at home play Simpson away, this is spot on.

Bar his crazy decision for Man Utd's first goal, I don't think you can say he gets beaten easily

Archived