Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sdb

RDL

As many have stated he was woeful in the 1st half but 2nd half played really well.

His defensive side of the game worries me though. I've noticed in all our games these season teams seem to be aiming for him as our weakness to exploit.

Spot on IMO. It was hugely apparent against Everton and again so today.

Then again, to be fair he had little support in both games. Against Everton, Knocky was defensively very naive. Today, the formation left him exposed time and again in that first half.

He's gonna be ok I think, but I agree, I think he's been targeted by opposition managers.

Are fullback seems too be getting a lot of stick

On social media and few people sitting in front of me have been slagging him off all season he's made a few mistakes but he's still adapting to life in the premiership also been up against world class wingers so can the minority of our fans lay off him.

I thought he was one of our better players?

Matched Di Maria for pace and his run & ball was what lead to Vardys goal.

Tracked into the centre aswell providing decisive clearing headers.

First half, DiMaria tore him up for arse paper for a good thirty minutes.

Second half, RDL possibly had the best half I've seen him play. He was immense.

Di Maria btw... Quality..easily their best player. To be fair, any full back this season will have their work cut out against him.

Are fullback seems too be getting a lot of stick

On social media and few people sitting in front of me have been slagging him off all season he's made a few mistakes but he's still adapting to life in the premiership also been up against world class wingers so can the minority of our fans lay off him.

He was absolutely shocking in the first half and, as he's admitted on Twitter, was at fault for the first when he got too tight to Falcao allowing him to turn. But in the second half he was one of our best players, was outstanding in attack and a lot more assured at the back, apart from a dangerous fould on Di Maria. 

Just because he's 'adapting to life' in the Premier League doesn't make him exempt from criticism. He's not been the best so far this season, arguably our most disappointing player, but I think he can really build on this second half performance.

NB: His pace is absolutely frightening. 

going forward he was good but lets not forget his no1 job is to defend and he could quite easily have been sent off today and was at fault for their first goal

He recovered defensively as the game went on though. Didn't start well but takes a lot of courage to recover like he did and have the impact going forward.

It wasn't a performance that screamed "you should replace me next game". Especially with someone who didn't even make the bench today.

I was disappointed with his first half but his 2nd half more than made up for it. We always seem to miss Ritchie when he's out. We did at the start of last season. His pace is such an asset and his defensive game is getting better with experience.

Nice to see Nigel on the tunnel cam with him. He obviously had words with him at half time as he came out a different player. Him and Vardy together down the right wing looked very good going forward.

He was lucky to be on the pitch for the 2nd half mind.

Pearson is a great man manager and the relationship he has with our players is a great thing to see.

Really mixed feelings on De Laet. He has been a great player for us but he needs to smarten up a bit. He could get away with jumping in a bit more in the championship and rarely get punished, the premier league is a different story.

I do think he looks our weakest link so far this season as shown by his first half performance (although against world class opposition). The improvements he made in the 2nd half are a credit to him and Pearson though who must've put an arm round him and gave him encouragement. Still think he's worth his place for now

he dived in and was beaten for their first goal... but he also dived in and won it.. to set up our 4th.

Im still a big RDL fan

Yeah he needs to learn when to nick it an when to stand his man up and defend. For the first goal it was silly, all he needed to do was pin falcao to the touch line, as soon as he dived in they were in behind. He seemed to learn though and did it less second half unless he genuinely thought he could get the ball.

Nice to see Nigel on the tunnel cam with him. He obviously had words with him at half time as he came out a different player. Him and Vardy together down the right wing looked very good going forward.

He was lucky to be on the pitch for the 2nd half mind.

Pearson is a great man manager and the relationship he has with our players is a great thing to see.

Indeed: either of a couple of bad tackles after his booking could have seen him down the tunnel, and I half-expected Pearson to substitute him (shows what I know). But his second-half performance was simply astonishing: incredible speed, neat tackling, fantastic vision all round. Just loved it.

Archived