Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sdb

RDL

He was at fault for their goal though, lets not get carried away, these types of sloppy errors are costly over the course of a season in this league.

I completely agree. The Premiership is the toughest league in the World. Make no bones about it. Of course, all players switch off. The problem THIS season is if you switch off, you invariably get punished.

I look at it this way (and I know this is a RDL thread, but the point is the same), however great Ulloa was today, his miss was a big miss. Having done all the hard work, the chance he fluffed was pretty much a sitter (at this level). When Nuge missed a 'sitter' last week, he got criticised on here by quite a few. A miss is a miss, whoever has missed it.

I'm not knocking either player, but today I genuinely thought we'd have got all three points if Ulloa had taken that chance.

Its fine fine margins at this level.

He was given more of a licence to go forward today and that is where he is best, he was good defensively and his pace and attacking ability will make important certainly against the lesser teams. He will be able to deal comfortably with the majority of teams in this league, just may inevitably struggle against the likes of Hazard, Silva etc but then who doesn't.

Brilliant today. Started nervously again I thought but grew into the game and started playing to his strengths more and more. Really hope that's the de Laet we see week in week out.

Agreed. Possibly at fault for their goal, but otherwise a brilliant performance both going forward and defensively.

Actually having some competition for his place in the team may well bring the best out of him. His performance today was brilliant excluding the Sanchez goal where he didn't follow his man! Other than that he had Sanchez in his pocket!

He's at his best when bursting forward after nicking the ball off of a player, but often lacks the final ball when getting into a decent crossing position

ha ha, fantastic today

change of mind perhaps?

I'm the one that brought the thread back up  :rolleyes:  - maybe check in future. 

Very good today, but that doesn't mean he wasn't awful for the first 2 games of the season!

Yea, the guy was the 1st to re-comment on here saying he was fantastic today. Nice to acknowledge the good as well as the bad, good poster is sdb.

Thanks mate  :)

Konchesky, Morgan, Moore and whoever will make mistakes over the course of the season so I just hope Richie has got his out of the way now. These errors can be worked on and I'm certain Nige and the analysts will be doing exactly that.

At fault for the goal but it wasn't a glaring error but a much more convincing performance from him, is it a coincidence now Simpson has signed?

Well there never really was any competition for right back, but now there is Simpson theres bound to be a doubt for his place, nothing like healthy competition, but quite franky i see RDL and simpson as rotation players, eachs strengths use in certain needed games

One of the few I've had slight reservations about making the step up given his first 2 games, but he was much, much better today and deserves more games to prove his worth. With Simpson now signed he will obviously up his game which will only benefit the club. Asleep for the goal but hard to find fault with him today other than that, he played brilliantly.

Watched MOTD2 last night and you can see it's De Laet's fault without even needing them to analyse it. Completely asleep.

how can you blame one player and especially RDL for that goal ? first it was started on the LB CM side of the box and Moore Konch got caught out completely though RDL AND Mahrez played SonNoGo on then RDL should have covered Sanchez yes could have ran to the goal ine even ? but it took a deflection off Konch and came back to the middle of the box - Mahrez was behind Sanchez and could have covered him - so it was a team mistake and a well worked goal btw

just think that singleing out any one player and blaming him is just bollox

Yeah much improved for RDL

It was a shame the vultures had started to circle after two games anyway, he got doubled up on for most of the Everton game and Hazard is going to make most right backs in this league look terrible. 

He's a confidence player, did not do too well in the first half but alot better in the second half, hopefully he will take that into the next game!!

how can you blame one player and especially RDL for that goal ? first it was started on the LB CM side of the box and Moore Konch got caught out completely though RDL AND Mahrez played SonNoGo on then RDL should have covered Sanchez yes could have ran to the goal ine even ? but it took a deflection off Konch and came back to the middle of the box - Mahrez was behind Sanchez and could have covered him - so it was a team mistake and a well worked goal btw

just think that singleing out any one player and blaming him is just bollox

I praised his performance yesterday but to say he wasn't largely at fault for their goal is mad. He switched off completely. Unfortunately for him his one mistake all game led to a goal. 

I praised his performance yesterday but to say he wasn't largely at fault for their goal is mad. He switched off completely. Unfortunately for him his one mistake all game led to a goal. 

dont agree

like I said IMO there was a comedy of errors starting with the marking of during the lob (konch and liam), the playing SonNoGo on (RDL, Mahrez), the marking of Sanchez (RDL AND Mahrez maybe more Mahrez than RDL), the deflection from Konch would have wrong footed any marker - so YES RDL was part of all that but "all his fault" and "largely to blame" NO WAY

• 3 weeks later...

Ex-Man.utd

20 minutes missed, by diving in 2-3 important tackles, and looked in for a nightmare afternoon.

A spinach tablet, and a kiss from olive, changed popeyes whole game.

What a great performance, especially in the 2nd half.This must give him confidence for the rest of the season.

Archived