Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cambiasso

From the press conf. he seems really level headed.

He wants to play football,wants to get to know his team mates and how they play a.s.a.p.

Knows he'll have to"walk before I can run".

He appears to be the consummate professional,likely to have kept himself fit but will need to top up to match fitness.

This will be fun once E.C. familiarises himself with the runs the other players make. 

I'd agree with not starting, but a cameo isn't out the picture. 20 minutes at the end to get a footing, then a two week break to adapt to England and the squad and get his fitness up (should he need to).

he may well have been training really hard himself over the summer, in fact Im now certain he has, someone as professional as him and at that stage of his career, he probably knows he had to train hard over the summer to maintain his fitness.

Also, any player of his caliber can drop into any team in any league and play a part

As a pedant, I would like to point out that 'doesnt know nothing' is actually whats known as a double negative, inferring that he does know something. Is this what you meant?

As another pedant, I'd like to point out that he was implying that he does know something..

im not negative but real , he trained Friday after doing nothing for months , is 34 not 24 , doesn't know nothing about our lads as players or people and hasn't played prem football and is expected to debut against arsenal . rome wasn't built in a day . I wouldn't even have him on the bench .

Are you boringjamesmilner on twitter? Sod off you salad

Id rather he came on as a sub for the last 20 mins or so

Exactly what I was thinking, last 20 minutes to slow the game and control the midfield + give all the players and fans a huge boost. Wenger said in his press conference that we will be a very difficult team and pointed out our wingers on the counter attack then spoke specifically about the tactical brain of Cambiasso so its clear he will have a strong position to play.

Cambiasso is quality.At 34 he will not be as quick as 24,but all that top level experience!

When this emerged 3 weeks ago I assumed it was journalist bullsh*t.NP's 'balloon-head'outburst confirmed it was not..

This signing is a coup for City.I can think of several,higher profile PL clubs for who he would be a good fit,some were interested but did not pursue,fortunately for us.EC clearly wants to experience PL football otherwise he would have chosen one of the Spanish offers.

Time will tell but I feel a whole lot more optimistic about this season with such a quality player in the squad.

He wasn't quick at 24.  Pace and speed has not been one of his main attributes. He is the classic DM.  Think Lucas of Liverpool when he was good or Essien or even the role Stevie G plays now.  Brains, passing and good cover of the back 4. 

yeah it has changed true but i think i.am a good judge of players past and present.  i.think this is a bad signing i said it about Ade akin Badbuy i said it about Mancini and Tommy english and others its just my opinion Thats all i hope i am proved wrong

You are the only one who thinks so. 

yeah it has changed true but i think i.am a good judge of players past and present. i.think this is a bad signing i said it about Ade akin Badbuy i said it about Mancini and Tommy english and others its just my opinion Thats all i hope i am proved wrong

How about waiting to actually see him play before judging him?

no not always only when something pisses me off.look i want any player we sign to do well but sometimes we sign a player who i think will bomb i.e akinbadbuy.  Tommy english. billy davies i could go on but i won.t. going to give him a chance just hope we haven.t signed him just because of the name

Fair enough. But what do you base your fears that he will be shite on? Have you ever seen him play? I mean live - not just on telly.

It can't be his age, surely? You know what his likely role will be, don't you? Would you say no to us signing Gerrard for our first year back in with the big boys? To add a bit of strength and knowhow to support our young, talented midfielders?

Genuine questions, not having a go - just curious why people think he might be a flop.

Archived