Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cambiasso

before anyone else claims this is not a good signing just think....

Andy Johnson, Steven Hughes, Jason Jarret and Gareth Williams

were we premier league then???

No i think.

Lets put it this way. He's the same age as Steven Gerrard got more domestic honours than him too ( I know SG is prone to a trip at work!) But had Liverpool let him go and we'd got him for a year would you have said he was too old?

Good signing in my opinion and will bring a lot to the team.

Serie A midfielders tend to play on longer than prem ones as well on the whole. No reason he can't stay at premier league level for a few years still. Whether he chooses to do that and stay with us is a different matter.

Serie A midfielders tend to play on longer than prem ones as well on the whole. No reason he can't stay at premier league level for a few years still. Whether he chooses to do that and stay with us is a different matter.

On the continent players played longer full stop?

Only since we have changed our football culture has British players played longer.. Scholes, Philips ,Beckham,Lampard etc sports science is huge nowadays.

Class is permanent.

I think the peolle who are slating him are the same people who called fir pearson out.

Heres a spoon eat humble pie.

Cambiasso has more than just football to offer he has experience of world cups winning champions league winning leagues playing with some of the best players in europe and the world .., he has alot to offer in football terms and tutoring of younger players

Esteban Cambiasso sold by Leicester's strong desire to buy get him on board

- last updated Fri 29 Aug 2014

article_img.jpgCambiasso brings a wealth of experience to Leicester's midfield. Photo: PA

Esteban Cambiasso has not ruled out the prospect of extending his stay with Leicester beyond his initial one-year contract.

On Thursday the newly promoted Foxes pulled off one of the coups of the current transfer window by bringing Cambiasso to the King Power Stadium.

The former Argentina international midfielder is highly decorated, winning 52 caps for his country.

At club level, after playing for Independiente and River Plate in his homeland, as well as Real Madrid, Cambiasso then helped Inter Milan win five Serie A titles, four Coppa Italias, four Italian Super Cups and the Champions League during his 10 years at the San Siro.

Released in the summer, it was Leicester and manager Nigel Pearson who convinced Cambiasso his next move should be to the Barclays Premier League, and the likelihood of a relegation scrap.

Preferring to speak in English rather than his native Spanish, the 34-year-old said: "I don't know how it (the move) began, but I know the club and the club had an idea.

"For them the first option was Cambiasso; the second was Cambiasso and the third was Cambiasso.

"Once I knew this I called my agent and I said 'we go there'.

"Now, I need to know everything about the club, and the most important thing for all is I know my team-mates and my coach. I have time, but I need to learn quickly."

As far as Cambiasso is concerned, playing in the Premier League ticks one final box, adding: "I've played in my country, Spain and Italy.

"For my future, I wanted to play in the Premier League. This is a great opportunity for me.

"I am happy and it's the beginning of a bit of history in the Premier League."

Asked as to whether Leicester might be the last stop in his exemplary career, Cambiasso replied: "I don't know. I am happy to stay here, I chose here.

"But it's better to walk than run. It's not just about whether I am happy, but also my family. If everyone is happy then maybe we can stay for longer."

Is there anywhere you can get the audio or video of the entire press conference? I appreciate that question may have been already asked a million times

I think the best chance will be foxesplayer but there's nothing at all on there at the moment. They're so off the beat it's unbelievable - One of the biggest transfers in our history and they couldn't steal quick interview or get some video of him training on there today? Amateurs. 

Archived