Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cambiasso

We will have injuries this season and playing our pressing game, players will need a rest (something Nigel is usually unhappy doing). don't worry - players enjoy playing but they also enjoy getting paid and staying in this league will ensure the latter is more rewarding. It's when they don't make the squad like knocks on Saturday that problems could begin. good problem to have though. No one is bigger than the team!

Possibly. I can actually see Cambiasso replacing James.

The only problem I have is where will Vardy fit in? Nuge and Powell both play almost a withdrawn striker role (which Nige likes atm) in a 4-2-3-1 and Ulloa is obviously the main man upfront.

These are good problems to have, mind!

Yeah the Vardy/Ulloa question is a big one. Might be a question of who we're playing against as well. Ulloa was largely ineffective against Chelsea as they were great at defending against our crosses, so perhaps Vardy would have been more threatening there. I still think that Vardy's our best striker but Ulloa definitely offers a lot defensively as well—was brilliant defending set pieces on Sunday.

They each have their own strengths to offer depending on who we're playing. Let's not forget how many penalties Vardy won last year either

Yeah the Vardy/Ulloa question is a big one. Might be a question of who we're playing against as well. Ulloa was largely ineffective against Chelsea as they were great at defending against our crosses, so perhaps Vardy would have been more threatening there. I still think that Vardy's our best striker but Ulloa definitely offers a lot defensively as well—was brilliant defending set pieces on Sunday.

They each have their own strengths to offer depending on who we're playing. Let's not forget how many penalties Vardy won last year either

Terry & Cahill would defend balls to a target man all day, if fit, Vardy dribbling at them would have been much more threatening.

We now have options all over the pitch

I'd start him against Stoke. We will need to be clever vs them and he's exactly the sort of tactical player needed to stop them inflicting their way of playing.

I'd sacrifice Nugent for him and have him sit in front of Drinkwater and King. I'd be tempted to go with Vardy's pace instead of Schlupp as well in a 4-1-2-3

I'd start him against Stoke. We will need to be clever vs them and he's exactly the sort of tactical player needed to stop them inflicting their way of playing.

I'd sacrifice Nugent for him and have him sit in front of Drinkwater and King. I'd be tempted to go with Vardy's pace instead of Schlupp as well in a 4-1-2-3

You want our Defensive Midfielder to play in front of the other midfielders?

I think we'll want him against Utd - and we need to give him at least one competitive match before that to get used to the system we play first hand

I'd also like to see him tonight playing in the friendly along side one or two different players in the midfield

So I'd hope he starts against Stoke and gets lots of time over the international break to get to know the way we play

When do you guys think Cambiasso will make his debut? Should he start or come on for the last 20 against Stoke or maybe wait to the United home game?

I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson started the same team as Sunday. He has always played players on merit and rewarded players who perform well and those XI deserve to start after their performance and the result against Arsenal.

I think Cambiasso will make a couple sub appearances before he starts. And he will be a great player to bring on if we are wanting to hold on to a lead.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson started the same team as Sunday. He has always played players on merit and rewarded players who perform well and those XI deserve to start after their performance and the result against Arsenal.

I think Cambiasso will make a couple sub appearances before he starts. And he will be a great player to bring on if we are wanting to hold on to a lead.

I agree. I think he will be used mainly to try to see out matches when we're in front.

If you honestly think Cambiasso has come here to play a bit part role then you're mistaken. He'll play as much as possible once he's up to full fitness.

"Not a bums on seats man" was the phrase Pearson used. He's here to play, no doubt about it. Can't wait to see him in a Leicester shirt when he gets his chance.

you cant really tell much from a few video clips, but I'm going to take a punt anyway. There is something about his personality that seems to come through on these few clips. We know that Nige is 'big' on personality and team ethic and he just comes across as a good guy and a 'fit' to that philosophy. If he can cope with the premiership (lets face it he should) then I've got a good vibe about this guy...he doesn't come across as a big time Charlie 

Archived