Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

I watched him in last weeks televised game and he is clearly coming back from a long term injury but he looked really to have ability to me.  He could play behind Ulloa.  Looked an exciting player.  Let's get him on board.  These players from abroad would already be with clubs if they were any good.

He is literally no better than any of our strikers and for that money surely not?! This would be disappointing. Had one decent season in his career.

No better than what we have... Ok, but if you could sign Vardy for £8million you'd do it wouldn't you and it's all about having options these days with the transfer window and the 25 man squad.

No better than what we have... Ok, but if you could sign Vardy for £8million you'd do it wouldn't you and it's all about having options these days with the transfer window and the 25 man squad.

Totally agree that we need depth but that is a lot of money for backup, especially with no proven track record. Just seems a panic move.

Totally agree that we need depth but that is a lot of money for backup, especially with no proven track record. Just seems a panic move.

I agree it's a lot of money but we've hardly spent anything in relative terms so far.

I trust our setup that we wouldn't be making panic buys. Anything at this stage is being labelled a panic buy. I think we just have to live with that. If he scores a few goals and helps us to stay up then nobody will remember calling him a panic buy.

I watched him in last weeks televised game and he is clearly coming back from a long term injury but he looked really to have ability to me.  He could play behind Ulloa.  Looked an exciting player.  Let's get him on board.  These players from abroad would already be with clubs if they were any good.

I watched that game too, he didn't look fit but he looked rapid!

I think his contract is up next June so I doubt we would be offering that much for a player who in January will be free to talk to other clubs.

If he is that good, why haven't Ipswich tied him down on a long term contract? 

£6.5M, do me favour we would be mugged off if we spent £2.5M on him at this late stage of window given his contract situation at Ipswich.

Is this who we can attract now cambiasso has joined then?

Hope this is similar to what happened with McArthur but if not just confirms what I've thought all summer, the scouts have gone awol and we're just plucking players from the championship who played well against us, so disappointing.

Why not go abroad and sign someone? I know we have tried but seriously don't become part of this crazy English transfer inflation second rate players are going for astronomical valuations it simply isn't worth it, yes we may have the money but burn it on a decent player, David McGoldrick is no better than what we have imo.

Hope this is similar to what happened with McArthur but if not just confirms what I've thought all summer, the scouts have gone awol and we're just plucking players from the championship who played well against us, so disappointing.

08457 90 90 90

Always scores against us. We love a player who does that. Price tag doesn't bother me anymore as it's evident things have got grossly out of control this summer and we'll be left behind if we offer what we thought was a fair price of old.

I hope we are using the same tactics as before to push another deal in motion to come to fruition i.e like the James McArthur/ Esteban Cambiasso that is the only logical explanation because if we seriously are considering David McGoldrick as our top target for that amount we are f**King barmy!!!!

Just confirms what I've thought all summer, the scouts have gone awol and we're just plucking players from the championship who played well against us, so disappointing.

Well that's clearly not true, read the scouting section on sky sports that one of our scouts has done. This will not be knee jerk, he'll have been watched and he'll be on the list, he may not be the number one target, but that's why the club makes a list.

Also does anybody honestly think NP would ever just panic buy? Go against everything he has ever done in his managerial career transfer wise? He's just not a foreign name or a prem super star.

And as for the cost of the player, it's all relative, if this lad scores 12 goals and keeps us up then £8 mil will be a snip for securing our premier league status. Also if the deal is sanctioned, then 1) the club is happy with the cost and 2) we can afford it.

Now I'm not saying I am thrilled with this transfer, but there will be reasons why the club are after him and I'm happy to back NP's judgement seeing as he won the league and built the squad we have now. We'll maybe this might just be another very good signing.

Only time will tell, anew I am happy to see, unlike some I saw on twitter suggesting this was the beginning of the end for NP, talk about over reactions.

Archived