Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

I hope we are using the same tactics as before to push another deal in motion to come to fruition i.e like the James McArthur/ Esteban Cambiasso that is the only logical explanation because if we seriously are considering David McGoldrick as our top target for that amount we are f**King barmy!!!!

I don't think its a case of tactics to push another deal through. If we are to bring people in before the deadline we need to get moving on them now to ensure the deal can get completed in time. This situation is down to the ridiculous transfer window.

Pearson would have worked with him at Southampton so,must know the lad quite well / his potential.

Possibly. I just think I'm marred with his time at Forest, although as Ric has stated correctly, he did always score against us.

Only we could go from signing Cambiasso to McGoldrick in the space of 48-72 hours!

Is this who we can attract now cambiasso has joined then?

Hope this is similar to what happened with McArthur but if not just confirms what I've thought all summer, the scouts have gone awol and we're just plucking players from the championship who played well against us, so disappointing.

Give over. What do you expect us to do? We've just been promoted, and most promoted teams buy from the Championship. Look at Burnley. We've got options of buying from the Championship ("disappointing") or going abroad ("oh I'm disappointed because he's never played in England so he's not gunna adapt") or buying free agents ("he's free for a reason") or buying from the three relegated clubs ("they were relegated for a reason").

I know it's all opinions and everything but you're always so doom and gloom. Have faith in Nigel for once, support him. He, and his scouting team, are not idiots. Until we're a "proven" Premier League this is what we're going to have to do, I suspect, every other promoted team does it. I like the comparison as well. You take Hull for example, they sign Snodgrass and Ince and people are like "great signings, oh Bruce you've done it again" but it's exactly the same as what Nigel has done.

As I always say, there's no significant difference between the Championship and Premier League, apart from there are 7 clubs that we can never really compete with, and there's no reason why "Championship players" cannot compete in the Premier League. Lambert did fine, Lallana did fine and so many players before and after them the same. Wouldn't you say?

Give over. What do you expect us to do? We've just been promoted, and most promoted teams buy from the Championship. Look at Burnley. We've got options of buying from the Championship ("disappointing") or going abroad ("oh I'm disappointed because he's never played in England so he's not gunna adapt") or buying free agents ("he's free for a reason") or buying from the three relegated clubs ("they were relegated for a reason").

I know it's all opinions and everything but you're always so doom and gloom. Have faith in Nigel for once, support him. He, and his scouting team, are not idiots. Until we're a "proven" Premier League this is what we're going to have to do, I suspect, every other promoted team does it. I like the comparison as well. You take Hull for example, they sign Snodgrass and Ince and people are like "great signings, oh Bruce you've done it again" but it's exactly the same as what Nigel has done.

As I always say, there's no significant difference between the Championship and Premier League, apart from there are 7 clubs that we can never really compete with, and there's no reason why "Championship players" cannot compete in the Premier League. Lambert did fine, Lallana did fine and so many players before and after them the same. Wouldn't you say?

I have no problem buying players from the championship but f**King hell McGoldrick is an average striker no better than what we have for that amount of money I would want someone who has the potential to be better than Vardy, Nugent etc.

I have no problem buying players from the championship but f**King hell McGoldrick is an average striker no better than what we have for that amount of money I would want someone who has the potential to be better than Vardy, Nugent etc.

Same. I agree. But if you want someone better than Nugent or Vardy from the Championship then the options are limited. 

If we are looking to spend £8million, or more, then I'd like us to go for Rhodes.

And people overreacting and being miserable. Well, unfortunately, this is the Sun. Like many people, I don't take them seriously and I don't believe what they print. Waste of time, they are.

I think what has worried us mate is the fact John Percy has confirmed that there is truth to it. For me, as I say, I think there are some really good players in the Championship who we've all seen us play for the last x number of years who could step up - but he isn't one I'd have put in that bracket. 

Think N'Doye and/or Waris are in the same bracket as some of our other unearthed gems, so, here's to hoping they come off in time!

Wouldn't want him on a free. Have people lost their minds? He's an awful championship journeyman.

Yes, he had an okay season last year, what about every single season in professional football before that? And it's not like he's a youngster that we can just write off a history of mediocrity and call it development.

I'm sorry, I've a massive respect for Fez and his football knowledge but this would in every way be a panic buy. Spend the summer chasing better targets and then opt for a bog standard, second tier also-ran for silly money with a few days left?

I feel physically ill. Desperately hope it's a load of rubbish and that - if he's the best striker we can find - we buy some ****ing wingers and a full back instead like we bloody should have a month ago.

Clearly the people in the club who are paid to find players disagree with your opinion.

I think what has worried us mate is the fact John Percy has confirmed that there is truth to it. For me, as I say, I think there are some really good players in the Championship who we've all seen us play for the last x number of years who could step up - but he isn't one I'd have put in that bracket. 

Think N'Doye and/or Waris are in the same bracket as some of our other unearthed gems, so, here's to hoping they come off in time!

Yeah, I've just seen Percy confirm it. But it's not going to be £8million, nowhere near that. I can't see Ipswich rejecting anything like £4million+. I do agree with you, and Finnegan above, I don't particularly rate McGoldrick myself.

Same. I agree. But if you want someone better than Nugent or Vardy from the Championship then the options are limited. 

If we are looking to spend £8million, or more, then I'd like us to go for Rhodes.

Weren't a lot of people wondering what the signing of Vardy was all about when he first joined?

I hope we are using the same tactics as before to push another deal in motion to come to fruition i.e like the James McArthur/ Esteban Cambiasso that is the only logical explanation because if we seriously are considering David McGoldrick as our top target for that amount we are f**King barmy!!!!

I was thinking the same. I know a lot of Forest fans and his nickname there was McGoaldrought.

Had a good 12ish months with Ipswich prior to injury .Quick scores goals ? 12 months ago I would have been happy?

But the barometer is McCormack 11m and Shane long 12m (who hasn't scored more than 10 prem goals) crazy world . Welcome to the premier. He won't be the only option???

Signing a Forest reject for the Premier League is bad enough but at £8m?! He'd better be a smokescreen for somebody else, McGoldrick is the absolute definition of average.

There was us thinking £11m for Ross McCormack was proof football had gone.

Archived