Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

No work permit issue !

As Geoff says, will we also go for n'doye? Perhaps it's first deal over the line wins!

It's not like we have spent a fortune on transfer fees and we know our wage structure is quite tight so to blow 10 or 15 mill at the back end of the window and have some good squad depth will be an ok outcome. Remember players drift in and out of form. you can't rely on one player to do it consistently for 8 months.

I can understand Ulloa because he brought something completely new to the talents of the squad but I think McGoldrick does not bring any improvement to the match day squad. We are not going to have, for instance, Vardy and Nugent on the pitch and Wood, Ulloa and McGoldrick all on the bench as it doesn't give us enough options in other positions.

From what I have seen of him he needs a run of games to bag goals and he won't get that here, he will go straight back to being plain old David McGoaldrought.

Hang on,

Mcarthur contains the word 'art' yeah

And McGoldrick contains the word 'gold'

And Cambiasso contains the word 'ass'

What is Pearson up to here? Is he trying to sign players who surnames have got words in?

You've sussed it!

Well played sir!

Undoubtedly become a decent championship striker in the past couple of years, I'm not convinced he offers anything different to what we already have though?

(Purely based on that video) he doesn't seem the quickest player and a fair chunk of the goals should have been dealt with by the keeper. Happily be proved wrong but I'm not convinced.

Wow, some of the views on here ... when McGoldrick got injured last season, a fair % of Ipswich fans were saying "well thats our promotion hopes gone" even though they were around 5th or 6th when he got injured. 

Hes a top championship player who would offer us an attacking midfielder with a high workrate, which we are missing imo.

Clubs like Chelsea show that goals from midfield can be key, we cant rely on Ulloa, Nugent and Vardy to score enough for us to stay up.

Probably less considering their GPG ratio was less last year[/quote

Maybe managers don't base their transfers on goals per game ratios, and the scouting networks actually look at players all round contribution to games?

Just a thought.

Wow, some of the views on here ... when McGoldrick got injured last season, a fair % of Ipswich fans were saying "well thats our promotion hopes gone" even though they were around 5th or 6th when he got injured. 

Hes a top championship player who would offer us an attacking midfielder with a high workrate, which we are missing imo.

Clubs like Chelsea show that goals from midfield can be key, we cant rely on Ulloa, Nugent and Vardy to score enough for us to stay up.

I would agree he does offer something, but at £8m? Now that number has been poo-pooed by qwerty, so I expect perhaps if we do proceed and bring him in for a lower cost then maybe I could be swayed, I'd just still feel uncomfortable about it.

Archived