Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

NP obviously feels we need another option or two up front, and given where we are in the window he needs to have a number of deals ready to go as we can't then use the loan market. Precisely as with Mcarthur, we can't do anything about the agents or clubs who talk to the press , there are likely to be other targets, maybe higher up the list than McGoldrick that we don't know anything about. At least we are in for players and seem to be in a position to spend, and if we end up with this guy he will be an option who's selling clubs fans have got nothing but praise for.

Not a "wow" signing at all. But we don't need that. He's a different kind of striker to what we have already and whenever I've seen him play I thought he was a danger. Not worth anywhere near £8 million in my eyes but if Pearson and co. feel like he is the right man now other targets aren't doable then I'm happy. I don't know what people expect. It's not like we can just pluck a striker who has been bagging goals year on year. Those sorts of players go for silly money. I mean, Costa has had one very impressive year at Atletico and he goes for £32 million. 

I would worry about his injuries and how he hasn't done that well in the past. However, I'm not going to write him off for it. He's settled down at Ipswich and scored a decent amount in recent years there, considering injury. Yes he's not that young but we all know about arguably our best striker finding his best years at a later stage (Vardy!!). So let's not write him off as a poor signing yet without letting him show us what he can do (should we sign him). Some people on here can't seem to grasp the quality and thoroughness of our scouting team and the class of our management team throughout the football team. That team fully deserve the fans trust on signings given what has gone on in the past couple of years. For every Kermorgant or Marshall (even though they are definitely talented players and weren't necessarily bad signings because of ability but more due to other factors) there is a Drinkwater or a Vardy or a Mahrez. They do make mistakes but for god's sake let's not see a potential signing or rumour of a signing and paint the picture that our scouts have been sitting around all summer and have now decided to do something. Yes, people are well within their rights to criticise or have worries about a signing. As I've pointed out, I do worry about his injury record and the fact he may not be consistent. However, to just simply turn your nose up straight away is to not consider the fantastic work our scouts have done since Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare arrived back at the club. If we get him he could turn out to be a flop or he could be an injury plagued player. However, I am willing to trust the management team on this one despite my worries.

If you don't care about other people's opinions why on earth would you participate in an Internet forum?!

yeah that's the point I was making wasn't it, if you want to carry on being obtuse that's fine. It's quite clear what the point was. But just for any idiots out there... If Pearson says we need a striker, I rate his option higher than some bloke on a football forum. Ergo, needs must.

Name a striker we have that can strike a football like he does. Would be a great signing. Pearson is clearly looking for someone who can really strike the ball And has power and strength. (Interest in Deeney) And that african lad.

Surprised how many times he seemed to have dropped off into a hole position in those clips give the size of the man. Fair few pens last season in his tally too judging from this.

I can see why we're interested - similar type of player to Deeney it seems... But I bet a fair few are wishing we'd paid the money for Troy now?

Is this who we can attract now cambiasso has joined then?

Hope this is similar to what happened with McArthur but if not just confirms what I've thought all summer, the scouts have gone awol and we're just plucking players from the championship who played well against us, so disappointing.

lol Do you just live somewhere where it doesn't stop raining? Cheer up champ, we might end up staying up this year. I know that's not your cup of tea but the rest of us will enjoy it!

Wow, i really hope this is a joke. I'd much rather take a gamble on Waris or N'Doye (if it's possible to get them). The fee is ridiculous to be honest, yes his record was actually slightly better than Ulloa's last season but we only paid that because we were desperate for a target man. Why would we pay this fee for someone who who is bang average. Give Wood a chance, his record in 2012-13 (when he actually got regular game time) was better than McGoldrick's.

I'm a huge Pearson fan and have always backed him but i can't help but think i'll be disappointed if this happens

yeah that's the point I was making wasn't it, if you want to carry on being obtuse that's fine. It's quite clear what the point was. But just for any idiots out there... If Pearson says we need a striker, I rate his option higher than some bloke on a football forum. Ergo, needs must.

I don't think there are many who would argue we don't need another striker, but the potential outlay of another 8m on a striker that whilst had a decent season last, would be a risky acquisition given that whilst at Forrest against other striking competition failed miserably to shine and was sent literally to Coventry. Yes that was a few years ago, and yes he may well have matured, but given the prospective cost, and past history, I'd really hope that this is all just smoke to bring in our 1st/2nd target(s).

We do need another striker, but surely not this one at this price? I normally love waking up and checking the transfer gossip from under my duvet. Normally!

Best point made in relation to this is the price one would expect for Vardy?  I am sure many will argue that Vardy is better.  But then again we would.  Let's see what happens. 

On last seasons ratios, yes he is.

Not my first choice by a long shot, clearly not the clubs either. But if the others can't get done for whatever reason and the manager wants another option them so be it.

I'll judge him when he plays.

I guess it depends on the price but yeah, out of all of our targets this looks like the first one who can actually take long range shots which is a change from what we currently have and a different option

You can clearly see from that video that none of his goals from open play last season were put on a plate for him. I don't think we have anyone with that ability to score from distance.

Drinkwater last season had a few and Konchesky might have one last 35 yard screamer ready for this season, but other than that yeah. Knockaert seems to try a few times every match and miss by the same amount every time, Nugent's shot isn't powerful enough and neither is Mahrez's, Vardy's game isn't about that, and I'm unsure about Ulloa

Always scores against us. We love a player who does that. Price tag doesn't bother me anymore as it's evident things have got grossly out of control this summer and we'll be left behind if we offer what we thought was a fair price of old.

I agree with this. Everyone behaves like it's coming out their bank account. If he is the right type of player to compliment what we have and has the right attitude then let's not get hung up on a couple of mill.

We have spent next to nothing compared to other clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived