st albans fox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/sep/premier-league-squad-lists-2014-2015.html Jeff is not marked as home grown - will that be a three point deduction if we survive? (That wasn't serious btw)
ealingfox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 I've heard Admiral Dalindleda Muskwe is the pacific type of player we need. A left-back whos skills are of atlantic proportions.
lgfualol Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 I wonder how many of those young ones will ever get in the first team. Would be nice to sell one for 30m one day.
Xen Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 "A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)." In that case, surely Schlupp (who's been with us for ages) should be classed as home grown? Especially seeing as other non-UK nationals like Kaspar are classed as HG. GTF just missed out on his 3 years while under 21, so he's technically not homegrown. Strange
FoxInTheBirstallBox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Am I missing something here? GTF not listed as home grown??? Wheres he from?
lgfualol Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Am I missing something here? GTF not listed as home grown??? Wheres he from? Maryland
Xen Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 I've heard Admiral Dalindleda Muskwe is the pacific type of player we need. A left-back whos skills are of atlantic proportions. He's supposed to be the next big thing, from what I've heard. If he's ever to make it in our first team though, he'll have to be prepared to face an inquisition from our fans whenever his form slips. Otherwise, they'll be calling for him to walk the plank. We're in the PL now - so it's going to be a case of chucking them in the deep end and seeing if they 'sink or swim' for a lot of our youngsters.
FoxInTheBirstallBox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 And when did our last "big thing" leave? Pierre Laurrie or how ever it was spelt??? How have i missed all this stuff?!
Xen Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Am I missing something here? GTF not listed as home grown??? Wheres he from? See the definition in my previous post. If I've done my maths correct and Wikipedia is accurate () then because he only started at Northwich Victoria in 99, he hadn't played 3 full seasons before he turned 21. Hence missing the cutoff point.
FoxInTheBirstallBox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 See the definition in my previous post. If I've done my maths correct and Wikipedia is accurate ( ) then because he only started at Northwich Victoria in 99, he hadn't played 3 full seasons before he turned 21. Hence missing the cutoff point. Ahhh I get it now, cheers for clearing that up!
pazzerfox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Am I missing something here? GTF not listed as home grown??? Wheres he from? Nobody knows where he is from...He just won a competition that he saw on the back of his double whopper which entitled him to a two year contract at Leicester City. It was Terry Robinsons idea to raise the profile of the club.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Maryland As much as I love GTF, that made me piss
DeclanMC Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/admiral-muskwe/profil/spieler/314378 http://www.lrsport.org/profiles/admiral-muskwe The Admiral is a striker. I so hope he makes it just for the sea of puns that will crop up.
FoxInTheBirstallBox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Maryland You know when you post something…. and you instantly know someones gonna make a quality remark about it….
foxes_rule1978 Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Nice to know Chelsea are leading the way when it comes to home grown talent
FoxInTheBirstallBox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Nice to know Chelsea are leading the way when it comes to home grown talent Fabrigas = homegrown GTF = not homegrown Dafuq?
Guest Sharpe's Fox Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 Chelsea have three and one of the is Fabregas
Asha Posted 3 September 2014 Posted 3 September 2014 You can learn a lot reading through those. Who knew Joe Hart's real name is Charles?
The Blur Posted 4 September 2014 Posted 4 September 2014 Drinkwater's middle name is Noel? Excellent!
Danizen Posted 4 September 2014 Posted 4 September 2014 We have two Matty James'. That could come in handy.
st albans fox Posted 4 September 2014 Author Posted 4 September 2014 We have two Matty James'. That could come in handy. Yeah, but what chance they will both be fit at the same time? I see your point now - clever! clearly there is a mistake with jeff not bring listed as home grown. I wonder if it's a mistake by the club or by the league?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.