Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-arsenal-transfer-battle-4476073?

Action ImagesLeicester-v-Arsenal.jpg

Friend or foe? Moore clashes with Arsenal players earlier this season

Leicester defender Liam Moore is being watched by Arsenal and Manchester City.

Neither of the Premier League heavyweights have made a move, but both are monitoring the England Under-21 international.

Moore, 21, has been hugely impressive during Leicester’s promotion to the top flightand they tied him down to a new three-year deal in the summer.

But that may not dissuade either the Gunners or champions City from making a move after compiling their scouting reports on the 6ft 1in defender, who can play right-back and centre-half.

Manuel Pellegrini's Blues want to boost their number of home-grown players so Moore, who last week scored for the U21s as they qualified for next summer's Euros, could appeal to them as a long-term prospect.

The North Londoners are also determined to strengthen their defensive options in January after leaving themselves short at the back.

Srdjan Stevanovic - The FACroatia-v-England-UEFA-U21-Championship-
Moore the merrier: The Leicester man celebrates last week's vital goal for England U21s  

It remains to be seen whether either club will follow up on their recent scouting missions to check on Moore. But the Foxes rejected a £5m bid from Fulham last January so are clearly determined to keep their man.

Arsenal are desperate to sign a defender in January as manager Arsene Wenger has already admitted that area is a priority and that there is money to spend.

Cannot get into Leicester' squad when we are bottom, Leicester Logic.

So will jan be spent chasing squad players and development squad players.

Or as we should have in the summer will we be after first choice first team players.

Hope the board will accept that any player they want they should expect to pay an extra £3/4 million for him.

Teams will know we are desperate and will bump the prices up.

The thing is, I don't think we're a mile off staying up by any means. Just two or three quality players will be the difference in my opinion.

totally agree we need two decent prem player to start in our 11 we can't keep playing 10 of the team that won the championship

Ola Toivonen

He would actually be someone we could really, really use.

Someone who can pull the strings, play between the lines and has an eye for goal.

Why the bloody hell didnt they sort signings like this out in the summer?

Hope the board will accept that any player they want they should expect to pay an extra £3/4 million for him.

Teams will know we are desperate and will bump the prices up.

Not sure price and clubs will be the problem. Unless we turn it round will players want to come to us.

If we found it hard to sign players in the summer what chance being bottom 3?

As posted in the January window thread, i just cannot see it.

Is he really going to throw away his time at Rennes to come here? What happens 4 months down the line when hes in limbo if we go down?

Are we really going to play the desperation cards and try and get people in at all costs, whatever the fee?

As posted in the January window thread, i just cannot see it.

Is he really going to throw away his time at Rennes to come here? What happens 4 months down the line when hes in limbo if we go down?

Are we really going to play the desperation cards and try and get people in at all costs, whatever the fee?

If it means staying up, then yes, I think we should. Cant just bring in players from the championship and hope to stay afloat. With this long term Europe goal the owners have, it needs to be done.

How much would he cost?

Rennes are an average top tier French side. They aren't massive. He would join us from them I reckon. Don't forget Cabaye, key player for Lille the year they won that league, joined Newcastle the summer after. I think France is the best value out of everywhere. A lot of quality players in a league that by and large flatters to deceive collectively. It isn't a popular league but it isn't a bad one. I don't think many players outside of the top clubs (which Rennes aren't really though they aren't bad) would turn even us down for staying there.

Who knows anyway. I've heard of him before only due to FM, which he's like a better Nugent. That's all I know.

Not sure price and clubs will be the problem. Unless we turn it round will players want to come to us.

If we found it hard to sign players in the summer what chance being bottom 3?

From a selfish point of view - If he comes and does well, he's shone in the Premier League regardless and other clubs would be sniffing should we go down.

No doubt we'd offer clauses to lure such a player here anyway.

Archived