Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

So the bids for Deeney and McGoldrick didn't happen?

John Percy also said we were on the verge of signing James Mcarthur. So that also would have took us over our supposed £10 million budget.

But they didn't happen, so we only spent £10m. Perhaps the contract negotiations left us with more money free than we thought we'd have early in the season. Who knows? I certainly don't and neither does anyone else on here. But from the business we saw it looks like we had a lot less to spend than some people thought we were going to.

Who is blaming Pearson I think you keep missing the fact I do not want him gone I do not want facts and figures.

Just a little honesty If we only had 10m in the summer fine. If we had 24m just say I know I have money I did not spend in the summer. Or we have a budget for jan. I do not for one minute believe our owners have not sorted a budget for jan yet.

Yes we have a manager but he could be gone for whatever reason tomorrow.

So our owners are going to sit down and not have a clue to the first question a perspective manager is going to ask.

I do not for one minute believe our owners are not planning 3 months in advance.

If that is the case I fear we may not be in business long.

Errr you have been blaming Pearson, read the thread. Saying he should have signed this and that and bought loads of good players etc.  I'm not missing any point, I have seen that you say you don't want him gone.

The owners may have a ball park figure, but it could very well be determined by where we are in the league. Whether players we have already start to adapt to the league etc.  Whether Pearson is actually still here. There are any number of reasons as to why they wouldn't have discussed it with Pearson yet.

Just because he had x to spend in the summer doesn't mean he has x to spend come winter, budgets change all the time. If he says he doesn't know yet, what does it actually matter?

Would you be happy with the club paying massively over the odds for a player, or even worse and more realistically, miss out on a target just for the sake of letting you know that they have a budget? Regardless whether they state what the budget is, even publically announcing they have one puts them at a disadvantage to a selling club, or even to a club looking to buy one of our players!

The owners are businessmen, to think they don't have a budget would be rediculous. They know what the maximum is they'll spend, it all comes down to how much they're willing to lose on a gamble to keep us up. Its essentially stick or twist for the owners.

Also, if NP thought he'd harvested the transfer market for everything he could, he's hardly going to say he had another £14m to spend, but didn't, as this would just put his at a disadvantage in the next window. If he did have that, and just spent it for the sake of it (something I believe NP would never do), it'd just have put more pressure on him if the results didn't go our way.

Being what looks like a bottom 3 prem side will add more money as clubs will know we are desperate.

And as I said admitting he has a budget not telling anyone what it is so why would that add to any price.

Every club in the prem will have a budget.

Being what looks like a bottom 3 prem side will add more money as clubs will know we are desperate.

And as I said admitting he has a budget not telling anyone what it is so why would that add to any price.

Every club in the prem will have a budget.

Exactly, so why possibly increase this?

Well if you're so certain every club in the Prem will have a budget, why do you need Nige or the owners to admit this?

Exactly, so why possibly increase this?

Well if you're so certain every club in the Prem will have a budget, why do you need Nige or the owners to admit this?

Be nice to know he is making plans. Also be nice to know the owners are making plans in case Nige is not here.

Would be nice to do our business early instead of last minute.

But hey we will praps spend the whole window chasing one player to no avail.

So it really won't matter if we have a budget or not.

Be nice to know he is making plans. Also be nice to know the owners are making plans in case Nige is not here.

Would be nice to do our business early instead of last minute.

But hey we will praps spend the whole window chasing one player to no avail.

So it really won't matter if we have a budget or not.

Exactly, if you know what's going to happen there's not much point getting all jazzed up about it. Just see it through.

John Percy also said we were on the verge of signing James Mcarthur. So that also would have took us over our supposed £10 million budget.

It was McArthur or Cambiasso. Maybe both if Hammond was sold. Similarly Deeney bids were a tactic to pressure Brighton with Ulloa.

It was McArthur or Cambiasso. Maybe both if Hammond was sold. Similarly Deeney bids were a tactic to pressure Brighton with Ulloa.

So what's your point??

Babylon mentioned John Percy said we only had £10 million pounds to spend. Ulloa reportedly cost £8 million, Simpson not too far of a couple of million.

So if we signed Mcarthur like John Percy was reporting we were that would have took us closer to the £15/16 million mark. So we had more than £10 million to spend than what John Percy said.

To me it looks like Pearson had more money to spend than he did but refused to be held to ransom by clubs which in fairness you can't blame him. The problem we have now is if we go into January in the bottom 3 clubs know we are desperate and will inflate their prices.

Egypt have failed to qualify for the AFCON. In ealingfox's ideal world Steve Walsh gets on the blower to Chelsea about a loan move for Salah first thing in the morning.

I like him but think he's too 'creative' for NP. how well does he cover his full back? That's what we need - apparently. It's not what he can offer going forward but covering back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2846132/Wolves-keen-signing-Leicester-s-Anthony-Knockaert-loan-ahead-deadline.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wolves keen on signing Leicester's Anthony Knockaert on loan ahead of deadline
  • Wolves keen on signing Leicester wideman Anthony Knockaert on loan
  • Foxes understood to be willing to loan out 23-year-old Frenchman
  • Midfielder has not started for Leicester since opening day of the season 

By MATT BARLOW FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:49, 23 November 2014 UPDATED: 13:16, 23 November 2014

Wolverhampton Wanderers are among the clubs interested in taking Anthony Knockaert on loan from Leicester ahead of this week’s deadline.

Leicester are understood to be prepared to loan out the 23-year-old French midfielder who signed two years ago from Guingamp.

Knockaert made 48 appearances for the club in their promotion season but has not started in the Barclays Premier League since the opening day draw with Everton.He came on as a late substitute in the 0-0 draw against Sunderland on Saturday.Football League clubs have until Thursday to complete any loan deals. After that, they must wait until the transfer market reopens on January 1. 

City favourites to sign Defoe.

Interesting it's reared it's head again.

Odds on Favourite too!

Wonder where they get info from or is it just speculation?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Sky-Bet-makes-Leicester-City-odds-favourite-sign/story-24623588-detail/story.html

I know we were in talks with him before deadline day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2846132/Wolves-keen-signing-Leicester-s-Anthony-Knockaert-loan-ahead-deadline.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wolves keen on signing Leicester's Anthony Knockaert on loan ahead of deadline
  • Wolves keen on signing Leicester wideman Anthony Knockaert on loan
  • Foxes understood to be willing to loan out 23-year-old Frenchman
  • Midfielder has not started for Leicester since opening day of the season 

By MATT BARLOW FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:49, 23 November 2014 UPDATED: 13:16, 23 November 2014

Wolverhampton Wanderers are among the clubs interested in taking Anthony Knockaert on loan from Leicester ahead of this week’s deadline.

Leicester are understood to be prepared to loan out the 23-year-old French midfielder who signed two years ago from Guingamp.

Knockaert made 48 appearances for the club in their promotion season but has not started in the Barclays Premier League since the opening day draw with Everton.He came on as a late substitute in the 0-0 draw against Sunderland on Saturday.Football League clubs have until Thursday to complete any loan deals. After that, they must wait until the transfer market reopens on January 1. 

I hope we don't loan him out and we actually play him.

Archived