Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

Loaning out Knockaert when we're struggling to score goals whilst pointless Dean 'what on earth is my actual role on the field' Hammond is still here is crazy.

I accept he's not done anything yet this season but he's had very limited chances whilst Schlupp for example is given chance after chance despite being extremely poor.

Not to mention that we started and finished the game with 2 defensive-ish central midfielders when Knockaert is a ready made attacking midfielder, perfect for playing behind the strikers.

Things really looking bleak at the moment as the manager's decisions become more concerning.

Theres another report on FB claiming there was trouble with Knockaert on the weekend, obviously don't know how genuine it is but doesn't sound good

On a separate note I like the sound of this Heskey talk http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30192790

What was the first report? It's been asked numerous times on here, but the question just keeps being ignored.

Loaning out Knockaert when we're struggling to score goals whilst pointless Dean 'what on earth is my actual role on the field' Hammond is still here is crazy.

I accept he's not done anything yet this season but he's had very limited chances whilst Schlupp for example is given chance after chance despite being extremely poor.

Not to mention that we started and finished the game with 2 defensive-ish central midfielders when Knockaert is a ready made attacking midfielder, perfect for playing behind the strikers.

Things really looking bleak at the moment as the manager's decisions become more concerning.

Your Hammond hate is comical considering he has the point percentage in the team (bar Hamer) when he has been playing. Just because he isn't flash doesn't mean he does nothing. Links defence and midfield as well as putting himself about. Done more for us this season that the La Liga winning, Champions League conquering, Serie A smashing superstar we signed in the summer, and since he has been out the team we haven't won since.

And to your point about Knockaert, he is ready made to play in that position in the Championship. But in this league he is bang average, and to play that position you have to have exceptional technique and vision and intelligence, and he lacks all 3. Could get away with being tricky in the lower league but he isn't quick enough to get away from anyone at this level meaning he will very soon be dropping down or back to France in my opinion. Mahrez can do everything he can do but better, rendering him pretty useless to us.

Your Hammond hate is comical considering he has the point percentage in the team (bar Hamer) when he has been playing. Just because he isn't flash doesn't mean he does nothing. Links defence and midfield as well as putting himself about. Done more for us this season that the La Liga winning, Champions League conquering, Serie A smashing superstar we signed in the summer, and since he has been out the team we haven't won since.

And to your point about Knockaert, he is ready made to play in that position in the Championship. But in this league he is bang average, and to play that position you have to have exceptional technique and vision and intelligence, and he lacks all 3. Could get away with being tricky in the lower league but he isn't quick enough to get away from anyone at this level meaning he will very soon be dropping down or back to France in my opinion. Mahrez can do everything he can do but better, rendering him pretty useless to us.

But he actually does do nothing.

What's comical is you suggesting that somehow the difference between our performances is Hammond and Hamer not playing lol Your pointless use of irrelevant statistics just highlights your poor understanding of football.

In actual fact, he hasn't done more than Cambiasso, despite Cambiasso being under par more often than not. Cambiasso has scored a goal and was one of the key men in our two victories this season, helping change the game against Stoke completely.

I cannot think of a vital pass, goal, tackle or anything Hammond has actually done for us this season - despie that old 'emperors new clothes'  viewpoint that he 'links defence and midfield' (this is one of those phrases like 'puts himself about' and 'does the simple things' which are often used for players who are slow, talentless and actually do fvck all).

That is how much of a joke Hammond is - even when other players are playing shit, you can see they are much better players because they try to make something happen. Hammond does not cover the back 4, he doesn't pass it quick enough and he has no individual use on the football pitch.

Shit player, simple as that.

I won't even delve into your astonishing opinion that Knockaert is useless to us after saying Hammond is useful to us. Your comment is one of the most laughable I've read in ages on here. And that's saying something.

Yeah, but hammond is clearly shit because... Nope, got no clue. He's not our best centre-midfielder - I don't think anyone would claim that, but when he got his chance in the team he took it and looked competent at this level. I can only guess Kitchandro walked in on him having a threesome with Kitch's mum and sister.

Can't agree about Knockaert though - he's got great technique. Yes he's lacking a yard of pace, but that isn't as important as people make out - he doesn't necessarily need to speed away from players if he can just work the space to pull something off. The game is more than kick and rush.

Archived