Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

But he actually does do nothing.

What's comical is you suggesting that somehow the difference between our performances is Hammond and Hamer not playing lol Your pointless use of irrelevant statistics just highlights your poor understanding of football.

In actual fact, he hasn't done more than Cambiasso, despite Cambiasso being under par more often than not. Cambiasso has scored a goal and was one of the key men in our two victories this season, helping change the game against Stoke completely.

I cannot think of a vital pass, goal, tackle or anything Hammond has actually done for us this season - despie that old 'emperors new clothes'  viewpoint that he 'links defence and midfield' (this is one of those phrases like 'puts himself about' and 'does the simple things' which are often used for players who are slow, talentless and actually do fvck all).

That is how much of a joke Hammond is - even when other players are playing shit, you can see they are much better players because they try to make something happen. Hammond does not cover the back 4, he doesn't pass it quick enough and he has no individual use on the football pitch.

Shit player, simple as that.

I won't even delve into your astonishing opinion that Knockaert is useless to us after saying Hammond is useful to us. Your comment is one of the most laughable I've read in ages on here. And that's saying something.

Your comments seem to suggest that picking the best 11 players is guaranteed to result in your best performance, which shows your ineptitude when it comes to football understanding. Hammond doesn't have the range of passing or pace of others, but he allows the others to play with freedom as you know he is going to be sat in front of the back four. It is no coincidence that when he has played we have scored more, created more, and won more games, not because of his direct actions but allowing players to play higher up the pitch and with freedom. He is incapable (as Cambiasso is) in playing in a midfield 2 in my opinion, but when playing 3 centre midfielders he is perfect to sit in front of the back 4 and allow the other midfielders to take risks. 

Mahrez can do everything Knockaert can do but better, and he has been in Mahrez's shadow since he arrived in January. Yes he has good feet and can occasionally do something spectacular, but he doesn't have the speed of though or vision to play the 10 role. In every cameo this season he has looked not up to speed, and there is no reason (other than being good for the first half of last season) to suggest he should be starting. 

There not gonna let him go out on loan are they. 

In the news today, Martinez will send him out on loan for some game time and to get his fitness up after a year out from knee injury. I personally dont think we should be risking our premier league survival accommodating a player trying to regain match fitness.

Kone is dreadful. Commons for £350k is a steal and would clearly have a higher resale value should we go down, it would be a good signing IF it isn't the only signing.

I would say don't be shocked if we break out transfer record again, signing a goal scorer in January is not cheap.

http://talksport.com/football/everton-and-leicester-ready-step-interest-turkey-midfielder-141127126685

Everton and Leicester are ready to step up their interest in Turkey midfielder Selcuk Inan after reports stated that Galatasaray are ready to put their club captain on the transfer list.Inan has come under fire following some poor performances this season and received a red card during Galatasaray's 2-0 defeat against Anderlecht in the Champions League on Wednesday night.Both Roberto Martinez and Nigel Pearson have been linked with a move for the 29-year-old who has a wealth of experience for both club and country and could be ready for a big money move.Turkish-football.com is reporting that Galatasaray are now ready to cash in on their star midfielder in January which could start a bidding war for his signature.The only stumbling block for both clubs could be his high wages while Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini is also believed to be a big admirer having worked with him when he was in charge of the Turkish giants.

Where would Inan fit in?

I'll chuck a name out there as a potential forward, though highly unlikely - Jon Soriano. Absolute goal machine. Plays for Salzburg. Don't like them one bit as a club but can't really knock how good they are as a team. I wouldn't say it's unrealistic either.

Where would Inan fit in?

I'll chuck a name out there as a potential forward, though highly unlikely - Jon Soriano. Absolute goal machine. Plays for Salzburg. Don't like them one bit as a club but can't really knock how good they are as a team. I wouldn't say it's unrealistic either.

Holy shit was just coming on here to post his name as a candidate.

Would cost 10 mil+ as he's nominated for team of the year

Whats the criteria for a realistic striking target?

• If hes got Europa League/ Champions League commitments after christmas, id doubt hed come whatever package we offered him. MAYBE if it was a financially good deal you could pluck someone like Rosenberg from Malmo whos been in hot form in the CL and domestically in the hope he could do it for 1/2 a season, but hes already flopped in England before.

• Its got to be someone who can hit the ground running immediately. No adjustment period, no lacking match fitness, no learning the style of play. He needs to be ready to score from day 1. And he needs to be of the mentality this is a battle, not prancing around like Dimitar Berbatov.

• He needs to be, dare i say it, a bit of a mercenary.......not adverse to coming here for a decent deal, especially if hes coming downwards to us, or from a better situation.

I instantly wont listen to your opinion if you genuinely think Hammond is the solution to our problem.... He is a bottom half championship footballer and a few good games do not change that. 

I dont hate the lad, it just is what it is. If we have our backs to the wall in a game, he can be useful but thats not our problem at the moment, its creativity. 

Knockaert does offer that, so the whole argument is stupid. 

Whats the criteria for a realistic striking target?

• If hes got Europa League/ Champions League commitments after christmas, id doubt hed come whatever package we offered him. MAYBE if it was a financially good deal you could pluck someone like Rosenberg from Malmo whos been in hot form in the CL and domestically in the hope he could do it for 1/2 a season, but hes already flopped in England before.

• Its got to be someone who can hit the ground running immediately. No adjustment period, no lacking match fitness, no learning the style of play. He needs to be ready to score from day 1. And he needs to be of the mentality this is a battle, not prancing around like Dimitar Berbatov.

• He needs to be, dare i say it, a bit of a mercenary.......not adverse to coming here for a decent deal, especially if hes coming downwards to us, or from a better situation.

All good points, but don't under-estimate the pulling power of this league. Southampton bringing in Pelle from Feyenoord for example (no-one would've had them down as a top side this season, Norwich bringing in Van Wolfswinkel (ultimately he failed but Sporting Lisbon first team to Norwich...). He's playing in Austria. Salzburg are a decent side but I doubt he'd pass up the chance to play in this league to stay there.

How Kevin Kampl still hasn't moved to a bigger club I'll never know. Must be on big money.

Southampton linked for £4mil.

Archived