Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

From a selfish point of view - If he comes and does well, he's shone in the Premier League regardless and other clubs would be sniffing should we go down.

No doubt we'd offer clauses to lure such a player here anyway.

My comment was an in general one not about a certain player.

Kevin Kampl would be a great signing, he looks a cut above the rest of the Austrian League!

I'd like to see us bring in a younger centre half at a larger price if necessary who can develop. With the age of some of our current centre backs - Upson and Wasilewski with even Morgan knocking on a little bit - Moore is our only long term centre back. A younger option in that department wouldn't go amiss if we can break them in sooner rather than later. John Anthony Brooks would be my shout if we could prise him away from Hertha Berlin. He might have a bit of price tag but had a solid World Cup in a strong USA side and has been a regular at Hertha from a young age so clearly has some talent about him.

Thierry Henry? He knows where the net is, got plenty of premier league experience and available immediately.

We have space for a free transfer, so if arsenal aren't interested as I don't think they will be, should we try to sign him up?

Never saw a player more comfortable or "At one" with a ball than Thierry Henry. A stunning player in his days at Arsenal.

Not sure how old he is now but if it became a possibility of him coming here (Which I can't see happening) I'd be all for it. 

Yeah we could definitely do with a winger whilst we lose two to the Cup of na.... oh shit.

Meh, the tournament only runs until Feb 8th. Depending on how our players respective countries progress we *could* only be losing the likes of Mahrez for a fortnight or so, although you'd fancy Algeria / Ghana to reach the latter stages.

Undecided about Toivonen - seems to do well on a sportive basis for Rennes, yet character-wise, he's shown he can be a bit of a **** on the pitch (arguing and moaning excessively, hitting out at opposing players).

Kevin Kampl would be a great signing, he looks a cut above the rest of the Austrian League!

I'd like to see us bring in a younger centre half at a larger price if necessary who can develop. With the age of some of our current centre backs - Upson and Wasilewski with even Morgan knocking on a little bit - Moore is our only long term centre back. A younger option in that department wouldn't go amiss if we can break them in sooner rather than later. John Anthony Brooks would be my shout if we could prise him away from Hertha Berlin. He might have a bit of price tag but had a solid World Cup in a strong USA side and has been a regular at Hertha from a young age so clearly has some talent about him.

Have you seen the standard in the Austrian Bundesliga? RB Salzburg have the most expensive squad and probably the best players, too. The rest of the league is pretty weak - I mean, a tiny outfit like Altach are currently 3rd!

Despite current struggles to distance themselves from the other nine teams, I still expect Salzburg to end up runaway leaders and league winners once more.

Archived