Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

Can't translate this for some reason, but must be a development squad signing if he joins. http://pilkanozna.pl/index.php/Wydarzenia/Ligi-zagraniczne-Anglia/555691-milik-obserwowany-przez-angielskie-kluby.html

Wouldn't be so certain, if you Google the guy's name, he's played for Poland fourteen times...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkadiusz_Milik

Can't translate this for some reason, but must be a development squad signing if he joins. http://pilkanozna.pl/index.php/Wydarzenia/Ligi-zagraniczne-Anglia/555691-milik-obserwowany-przez-angielskie-kluby.html

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:26

Very good form Arkadiusz Milik did not pass without attention also in Western Europe. As reported by "Sports Review" Polish representative is of interest to a number of clubs from England.

Milik to the Premier League? It is possible

Milik from the beginning of the season looks really delicious. 20-year-old striker plays regularly in your Ajax Amsterdam, and as if that was not enough, in recent months has become the leading form of representation, which misses the goal as if on cue.  Since the beginning of the tournament he scored on all possible fronts up 18 goals (4 in the frame, 6 and 8 Eredivisie Dutch Cup). With the media information that Przemysław Pantak , Milik manager has already received several inquiries from English clubs. Is it known to the company? This was not disclosed.

Google translate is shit  :xmaslaugh: 

His wikipedia page. Looks promising. (Club record not fantastic) 

Arkadiusz Milik

220px-Milik_vs_Ireland_2013.jpg 

Full name Arkadiusz Milik

Date of birth 28 February 1994 (age 20)

Place of birth Tychy, Poland

Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)

Playing position Striker

Current team - Ajax (on loan from Bayer Leverkusen)
Number 19

Senior career                             Apps (Gls)
2010–2011 Rozwój Katowice          10   (4)
2011–2012 Górnik Zabrze              38   (11)
2012– Bayer Leverkusen                  6   (0)
2013–2014 → FC Augsburg (loan) 18   (2)
2014– → Ajax (loan)                         7   (6)
2014– → Jong Ajax (loan)                1   (0)

National team 
2011 Poland U17                              1   (1)
2011–2012 Poland U19                    7   (5)
2012– Poland U21                            8   (9)
2012– Poland                                  14   (6)

Arkadiusz Milik (Polish pronunciation: [arˈkadjuʂ ˈmilik]; born 28 February 1994 in Tychy) is a Polish footballer who plays as astriker for Ajax on loan from Bayer Leverkusen.

Club career - Rozwój Katowice

Milik began his career as a youth player for Rozwój Katowice and played in the reserve team in the 2009–10 season.[1] On 23 October 2010, the 16-year-old made his III liga debut when he scored two goals in a 4–0 victory over KS Krasiejów.[2] In November, he went on trial at Górnik Zabrze, where he scored one goal in two appearances for the club's Młoda Ekstraklasateam.[3] In winter, he and his teammate Wojciech Król were on trial with ReadingTottenham Hotspur, and Legia Warszawa.[4][5] Milik ended the season with ten appearances and four goals for Rozwój Katowice.[3]

Górnik Zabrze

Despite offers from other clubs, on 1 July 2011 Milik and Król signed one-year contracts with Górnik Zabrze for a fee of 500,000 złotys.[6][7] Milik made his Ekstraklasa debut on 31 July in a 1–1 draw with Śląsk Wrocław.[8] In the 53rd minute he was substituted by Daniel Gołębiewski.[9]

Bayer Leverkusen

On 17 December 2012, Bayer Leverkusen confirmed that they had signed Milik on a contract until summer 2018.[10] The transfer fee amounts allegedly €2.6 million.[11]

FC Augsburg (loan)

On 30 August 2013, FC Augsburg signed him on a one-year loan deal.[12] The lending fee amounts reportedly €150,000 whereas the fee is composed of a base amount that decreases the more often Milik would be capped and increases when Augsburg achieves staying in the Bundesliga.[13] Nevertheless, his spell in Augsburg can at best be described as moderately successful. He was capped in 18 matches, but did just play five times from the beginning on. However, by a 2-2 equalizer in the 88th minute in a home fixture against Borussia Mönchengladbach he helped decisively in winning a point.[14]

Ajax (loan)

On 15 May 2014, it was announced that he would spent the next season on loan at Dutch champion Ajax Amsterdam. Leverkusen also granted Ajax a one-sided purchase option for summer 2015.[15] On 24 September 2014, Milik played in the first official Amsterdam derby to be contested since 1983 when Ajax took on JOS Watergraafsmeer in the KNVB Cup. Milik earned the "Man of the Match" award after scoring 6 out of the 9 goals and assisting a further 2 in the Olympic Stadium.[16]

International career

On 13 April 2011, Milik scored a goal for Poland U17 in a 4–1 victory over England Schools U18. On 15 July 2011 he was called up to the U19 team.[17]

On 12 October 2012, Milik made his debut for the Poland national football team against South Africa.

He scored his first goal for the national side in the 4–1 friendly victory over Macedonia.

He scored back to back hat-tricks for the U21 team in qualifiers against Malta and Greece.

On 11 October 2014, Milik scored the opening goal in a 2–0 win over world champions Germany in a 2016 UEFA Euro qualifying match. This was Poland's first win over Germany, who had not lost in 19 competitive games and 33 previous qualifiers.[18]

On 14 November 2014, Milik scored a goal in a 2016 UEFA Euro qualifying match against Georgia to make the score-line 4-0.

Statistics

Interesting looking at the players who are out of contract summer 2015, who would probably therefore be relatively cheap to buy unless their club wants to renew.

Picked a few players that would easily strengthen our squad but would also probably be within our budget.

Jon Flanagan

Yoshida - Southampton (capable defender)

Anderson - on around 60k per week I've seen somewhere so could be negotiated? Probably punching above our weight though, could possibly sign if we pulled off a few decent signings though, United won't want much for him.

Khouma babacar - fiorentina 6ft3 and very fast for his size, strong and good with his head, scored 20 last season for Modena and only 21

Stephane Mbia - Sevilla, big powerful presence in midfield, a bit of a flop at QPR but then again who wasn't when they went down. The whole team didn't work so he probably deserves another shot.

Flamini - Arsenal, not sure on his wages but could be within reach? I'm not sure any top half clubs would be banging his door down to sign, would be a hell of a signing to get considering he's played quite well for arsenal.. So I'd doubt it but anything is possible.

Alexander pato - Sao Paolo, again just clutching at straws here, once seen as the brightest young striker on the planet, deadly Infront of goal. But a history of a poor attitude and would command a big wage. Sao Paolo wanted 10m in the summer for him but doubt they'd be able to hold out for that now. Doubt this would be possible though.

Winston Reid - only 26 and experienced at this level, only 105 apps in almost 5 years for the hammers though, including their championship season. So could be a possibility.

Suso - liverpool, think he is seriously well regarded at liverpool, but only 20 appearances in 4 years at the club, with a loan at Almeria last season. Could it be possible?? Or could we get a loan deal sorted? Only 20.

Fabian schar - Basel, quality against chelsea last season, only 22 and out of contract in the summer, will play against Liverpool in the champions league but I seriously think this guy is a future top 4 defender. Won't be on a huge wage now so could be tempted even if we are only a stepping stone.

Andre Pierre gignac - Marseille, been on good form and is a very good striker, I assume he will get offers from top 8 clubs though, his agent has stated he could go for as little as £8m (that was a month or so ago in a press conference so come January could be less) may be a stretch too far for us though.

Veli kavlak - besiktas

Edgar baretto - having visited Palermo and watched them play years ago I've been a follower of the club, this guy has always stuck out as a decent leader. Great long shots and not afraid to try, but has been put in a more defensive role at Palermo, would be available for under £5m I expect.

Maxi moralez - Atalanta - shortest player in the league at 5'3 so that may work against him in the premiership, but a gifted attacking midfielder.

youssuf mulumbu - west brom

Claudio yacob - west brom (don't rate massively)

Some of these players are punching above our weight but sometimes football throws up a few surprises (cambiasso coming here)

Any thoughts on any of them??

I'd definitely take barreto, babacar, Reid and Mbia now as I think they are more realistic transfers.

Flanagan is a good shout.

Hard to comment on a lot of the foreign ones. Schar is an interesting shout but I doubt we'd tempt him here.

Wouldn't bother with Anderson. Shite.

Think Schar will go to a top club eventually, I think anderson is a decent player, just not united standard, He looked quality when he first arrived as did Nani for example, he's a new player out there, Lower standard in fairness, but I think a fresh start he could be worth a gamble

Does anyone think cambiasso could sway bigger signings to join us? I'm hoping this the case..

That was my only thinking behind some of these more High profile players, It was such a surprise he even came to us, if he can convince them of our ambition and we can get some good results together before January we could do well... Say mid january in 6 weeks time, if we have gotten ourselves back up the table a bit (hard to see that though) maybe we can attract some... Problem is who is going to want to come to the team that are bottom and have not won in 2 and a half months?

Interesting looking at the players who are out of contract summer 2015, who would probably therefore be relatively cheap to buy unless their club wants to renew.

Picked a few players that would easily strengthen our squad but would also probably be within our budget.

Jon Flanagan

Anderson - on around 60k per week I've seen somewhere so could be negotiated? Probably punching above our weight though, could possibly sign if we pulled off a few decent signings though, United won't want much for him.

Khouma babacar - fiorentina 6ft3 and very fast for his size, strong and good with his head, scored 20 last season for Modena and only 21

Stephane Mbia - Sevilla, big powerful presence in midfield, a bit of a flop at QPR but then again who wasn't when they went down. The whole team didn't work so he probably deserves another shot.

Flamini - Arsenal, not sure on his wages but could be within reach? I'm not sure any top half clubs would be banging his door down to sign, would be a hell of a signing to get considering he's played quite well for arsenal.. So I'd doubt it but anything is possible.

Alexander pato - Sao Paolo, again just clutching at straws here, once seen as the brightest young striker on the planet, deadly Infront of goal. But a history of a poor attitude and would command a big wage. Sao Paolo wanted 10m in the summer for him but doubt they'd be able to hold out for that now. Doubt this would be possible though.

Winston Reid - only 26 and experienced at this level, only 105 apps in almost 5 years for the hammers though, including their championship season. So could be a possibility.

Suso - liverpool, think he is seriously well regarded at liverpool, but only 20 appearances in 4 years at the club, with a loan at Almeria last season. Could it be possible?? Or could we get a loan deal sorted? Only 20.

Fabian schar - Basel, quality against chelsea last season, only 22 and out of contract in the summer, will play against Liverpool in the champions league but I seriously think this guy is a future top 4 defender. Won't be on a huge wage now so could be tempted even if we are only a stepping stone.

Andre Pierre gignac - Marseille, been on good form and is a very good striker, I assume he will get offers from top 8 clubs though, his agent has stated he could go for as little as £8m (that was a month or so ago in a press conference so come January could be less) may be a stretch too far for us though.

Veli kavlak - besiktas

Edgar baretto - having visited Palermo and watched them play years ago I've been a follower of the club, this guy has always stuck out as a decent leader. Great long shots and not afraid to try, but has been put in a more defensive role at Palermo, would be available for under £5m I expect.

Maxi moralez - Atalanta - shortest player in the league at 5'3 so that may work against him in the premiership, but a gifted attacking midfielder.

Some of these players are punching above our weight but sometimes football throws up a few surprises (cambiasso coming here)

I'd definitely take barreto, babacar, Reid and Mbia now as I think they are more realistic transfers.

I have watched Atalanta live 3 times this season and Maxi Moralez looks decent but he is so small and has absolutely no muscle whatsoever so I would fear for him in the premier league.

He scored a cracker against Roma and had a good second half against Napoli but I am pretty sure that is the only goal he has scored this season.

Where we not allegedly looking at Maxi Moralez and his Atalanta team mate Davide Brivio in the summer? I think I remember a few media sources swirling with regards to those two.

Yeah that's what I'd though which is why he jumped out of the page at me when looking through the out of contract players, he would be top draw at our level and probably good enough for mid table teams, as mentioned though he's tiny at 5'3 which would go against him in this division, but other players have managed it so who knows, knockaert isn't massive yet people are calling for his stint in attacking midfield.

I really do like baretto though and would love to see him here

Where we not allegedly looking at Maxi Moralez and his Atalanta team mate Davide Brivio in the summer? I think I remember a few media sources swirling with regards to those two.

Brivio rarely plays for them and they are struggling in a worse league. As I said above Moralez would struggle in the prem I recon but he is fast and I saw him score a cracker against Roma the other week

Jon Flanagan

Veli kavlak - besiktas

Just in form random names from around Europe. Would be surprised if any of them were considered.

Hard to comment on a lot of the foreign ones. Schar is an interesting shout but I doubt we'd tempt him here.

Think Schar will go to a top club eventually,

Schär has always stated that he wanted to leave for a bigger league, such as the Bundesliga or the Premier League.

I doubt he'd object to a move to Leicester as long as he gets his chance of featuring on a more regular basis.

He's a class player and gets better every year - strong, pacey and blessed with both great passing as well as good shooting skills for a central defender.

And he strikes me as very level-headed and articulate for a footballer.

Archived