Corky Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Just looking through some player profiles and noticed some made their international debut whilst at the club. Recently, Morgan, Mahrez and Schmeichel all made their respective bows within the last year. Andy King obviously with us being his only club. Jeff Schlupp made his Ghana debut in 2011. Heskey, Guppy, Izzet played for England and Turkey whilst with us. Any more?
foxile5 Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Wooaah Gary Gary. Peter Shilton. Trevor Benjamin, surely.
Corky Posted 8 September 2014 Author Posted 8 September 2014 Missed out Shilton and Banks from the OP. Could well add Tom Lawrence to the list tomorrow.
foxile5 Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Horace Bailey was Leicester's first international, whilst we were still called Fosse.
Tuna Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Paul Dickov? Sure he had some caps while with Arsenal.
Jimothy Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Dickov made his debut whilst at Man City I think.
Trumpet Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Wooaah Gary Gary. Peter Shilton. Trevor Benjamin, surely. Weren't that at Filbert st. aswell?
foxile5 Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Weren't that at Filbert st. aswell? No, I think he played for England Under 21s at Filbo, vs Mexico Under 21s. I think he made his debut for the reggae boys shortly after. I could be wrong, but I was at the Filbo game and I don't think it was a full international. I think he was invited along more as a 'have a run out seeing as we're at your stadium' affair. No, I think he played for England Under 21s at Filbo, vs Mexico Under 21s. I think he made his debut for the reggae boys shortly after. I could be wrong, but I was at the Filbo game and I don't think it was a full international. I think he was invited along more as a 'have a run out seeing as we're at your stadium' affair. Cursory glance at Wikipedia suggests I'm correct. I'm impressed with my own memory there.
Wasyls Pec Deck Posted 8 September 2014 Posted 8 September 2014 Lee Philpott? Phil Gee? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.