Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United pre-match thread

Just been on one of their forums (RedCafe.net) and the amount of people saying they will not be happy unless they put 4 or 5 past us is insane. There are some down to earth people who just predicted a scrappy 1-0 win, but so many people are too optimistic

Agree they put four past a poor qpr and suddenly they are going to tear the premiership a new one. Have been on their forum loads of comments saying they are going to win by four or five, its only little old leicester city not manchester city etc, etc their team only cost 1 million.

I Would really wish and hope we could do these?

Plus not one of their fans talk about their poor defence. Of all the premiership big guns their defence is awful, Evans, Blackett, Smalling, etc. Any team that runs at them could profit. That's why Vardy has to start. Plus they have Rafael a player who often has a rush of blood to the head. Get at him with pace and we could see a red card.

Agree they put four past a poor qpr and suddenly they are going to tear the premiership a new one. Have been on their forum loads of comments saying they are going to win by four or five, its only little old leicester city not manchester city etc, etc their team only cost 1 million.

I Would really wish and hope we could do these?

Plus not one of their fans talk about their poor defence. Of all the premiership big guns their defence is awful, Evans, Blackett, Smalling, etc. Any team that runs at them could profit. That's why Vardy has to start. Plus they have Rafael a player who often has a rush of blood to the head. Get at him with pace and we could see a red card.

My feelings exactly. I hope LVG is as arrogant as some of their fans, but I doubt it.

Anyone know the rules regarding giving your (under 18) season ticket to an (Adult) friend because you can't go?

The adult can just use your ticket, but he might get stopped at the turnstiles(unlikely, but still a chance) so I'd say the best way is to upgrade it to an adult ticket and pay the difference.

Anyone know the rules regarding giving your (under 18) season ticket to an (Adult) friend because you can't go?

I dunno but I have given my dads senior citizen ST to my mates a bunch of times and it's been absolutely fine. There isn't even a human checking it any more so no worries.

This might be reality o'clock. We grabbed a single goal victory and confidence is good. Whilst they spent a fortune and finally started to look like a team in patches. We all know a battering or two will come our way this season. Horrible feeling this might be one of them. Let's not get carried away by one win - for us to get anything out of this game would be an astonishing achievement. But these are the fixtures we've craved. So enjoy it one and all. No matter what the score, it's better than playing Yeovil!!!

I'd be amazed if this one matches the excitement of having two match threads.

Then when a Leicester fan tried to explain that we are worth more than that, they shot him down and called us a plastic club and carried on saying how they were going to smash us, I do hope there are man u fans near me wearing man u tops...

if some of u young guns aint seen manure visit you ll be in for a treat.Although they aint what they were the red away following is immense...i dislike manure like the next man but if your not excited about tomorrow you never will...

The reason why I wanted your lot back in the PL was mostly down to nostalgia. When I was growing up, Leicester were a proper PL established club. The late 90's were a good time for me and it's almost like having a part of that back with Leicester back in the Premier League after so many seasons out. It's better than bloody shite Welsh teams like Cardiff and horrible little Burnley coming up too.

Don't take this wrong way but I won't care too much if you get relegated (doubt you will anyway tbh) but it's nice to have you while you're here. Hope Charlton and Ipswich get back up as well for similar reasons, Forest and Leeds too due to them being big clubs yet floundering in the Championship as sleeping giants. Also it's always nice to pummel Leeds once or twice a season.

It was all going so well....

Let's get something straight. Forest are not a sleeping giant. Certainly no more than us. We have always had the same potential as them. They're a club with arguably a smaller fanbase than us. What Forest are, is lucky. Lucky that one of their chairman had the good sense to appoint a great manager in the  late 70s.

Now Leeds, fair enough. Their fanbase is pretty huge for the Championship, they really should be a top half Premiership team.

But Forest are not. The only differences between us and Forest is their fans are w*nkers - and Brian Clough.

You sir, have succumbed to media hype.

Forest are DEFINITELY not bigger than us. I can't believe anyone on this forum would say so. Their ground is sh1t, their average attendance is similar or lower. They have no more potential than us given that Leicester has a bigger population than Nottingham. We've also been more successful than them for the last 20 years. They had one brief, amazing spell of success. Doesn't make them bigger. We're basically very similar clubs in terms of size. Could have been us if O'Neill had become manager in the 70s like Clough. Then you could win big stuff if you had an amazing manager, as the properly big clubs were not so financially dominant. Leeds are bigger than us as their fanbase home and away is bigger and Leeds is a bigger city. That's my view anyway!

Or in other words, this.

I'm up for this. No fear.

Kasper (if fit)

RDL, Morgan, Moore, Konch (a no brainer)

Hammond, Drinkwater, Cambo, Shlupp

Nugent, Ulloa

With Vardy, King and Mahrez coming on when they are tired.

But beware of hubris: no singing of "You're going down with the Burnley!" Until we are a couple of goals up.

Their attack is world class so we need a solid midfield, and Hammond is great at killing games. Blind will be their key player for us to beat.

My tip: 1:0 with Moore heading it in from a Cambo set piece.

Not worried about losing, just as long as we play better than QPR did, last week

To be truthful, Leicester has got a bit of a reputation in the league. You have done something that no other promoted team have managed to do in such a short time, belief. For one, I believe Leicester was a premiership team paying in the Championship.

Further, Your team have put a bit of fear into the opposition (no one likes getting beat by a newly promoted team) I'd be very surprised if any team let alone United took you for granted.

To be truthful, Leicester has got a bit of a reputation in the league. You have done something that no other promoted team have managed to do in such a short time, belief. For one, I believe Leicester was a premiership team paying in the Championship.

Further, Your team have put a bit of fear into the opposition (no one likes getting beat by a newly promoted team) I'd be very surprised if any team let alone United took you for granted.

Are you going to the game?

Archived