Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United pre-match thread

His job is to help us win. He has run his socks off putting pressure on the opposition, he has linked up fantastically with our other players. In short he has done everything but score and helped us to 5pts from our first 4 games.

Perhaps you should shut up!

this this and this

the way Manu played yesterday with their middle 4 in a diamond moving up and down the pitch

Mata

Di Maria            Herrera

Blind

needs some serious blocking midfield from us so we break their linking play from these for top their top 2 the roaming Roony and VP or Falcão

(god I cant believe the names I just wrote are our oppo this weekend)

We could well see a 4 5 1 from Nige

so we need the most defensive midfield but keeping the counter options open enough so we dont do a QPR (parking the bus is not going to work we are gonna give away goals sooner or later)

So a 4-2-3-1 with Cambiasso Hammond behind Drinky in the middle Schlupp on left (Double up LB / Winger) and on the right ? King ?? Nuge ?? Mahrez ??

Which Right Midfielder would defned best and give us support on the counter ?

obviously Ulloa up top

shaping up to be the game of the season so far !! mouthwatering !

I hate attitudes like this. Stoke fans were saying they hadn't heard of most of our team. Do you think Man Utd fans know who the fvck Liam Moore is?

He's come through the Utd academy and is being started by Louis Van Gaal ffs, he's not going to be shit.

Are you for real why pick on me? I was making a valid point yet, you compare me to Stoke fans? You are wrong of course cos Liam Moore plays for the England U 21's so a lot of Utd fans will know who he is.

As has been mentioned On the odd occasions Qpr ran at their defence they did look vunerable. For me, this is their weak link and we need to exploit this. A lot of their fans are very confident and are expecting to beat us by four or five? For me Qpr gave them to much time, and space you cannot do this against Utd. Their fans want Smalling back in their defence, I hope this happens he is awful.

Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel faces a race to be fit to face Manchester United on Sunday.

The Denmark international missed his first league game since signing for City just over three seasons ago at Stoke on Saturday.

Schmeichel picked up a knee injury on international duty but City had hoped he would recover in time for the trip to the Britannia Stadium.

However, manager Nigel Pearson decided not to risk Schmeichel and handed a league debut to Ben Hamer, who produced a couple of vital saves as City held on for their first win and first clean sheet of the season.

Schmeichel will be monitored throughout the week before Pearson makes a decision on who will face United’s star-studded strike-force, but said if Schmeichel does not make it he had every confidence in Hamer.

“We were hopeful Kasper might make the game but I would rather miss a player for one game than take risks and lose him for longer,” he said.

“He may be available, but we will have to see how he progresses throughout the week.

“I thought Ben handled the occasion exceptionally well when you remember he is replacing a player who is one of our top performers over the last three years.

“There will be aspects of his performances he would like to improve but he made some key saves for us in the second half.

“The fact the players didn’t look too flustered reflects the faith they have in his ability. That is always important.

“If you are going to do well you need players to perform when you are called upon.”

Matty James steps up his comeback from a shin injury tonight as he is set to feature in the under-21s against Fulham at the King Power Stadium.

New signings Nick Powell and Tom Lawrence, who joined on transfer deadline day from United, will also be in action.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-Kasper-Schmeichel-faces-race-fit-Leicester/story-22927911-detail/story.html?#ixzz3DOtcLhxU 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-Kasper-Schmeichel-faces-race-fit-Leicester/story-22927911-detail/story.html?#8jl6ZhP1wu42BDZz.99

He is a bit shit though isn't he lets be honest lol. Doesn't exactly scream Man U level center back,

I think now they've got Rojo and Blind (depending on where he plays) things will be a little tighter along their back line though.

He might be, who knows? He's looked a bit shakey on a couple of chances they've conceded but I would put Van Gaal's opinion above a few Leicester fans who have watched seen him on match of the day twice.

Are you for real why pick on me? I was making a valid point yet, you compare me to Stoke fans? You are wrong of course cos Liam Moore plays for the England U 21's so a lot of Utd fans will know who he is.

I'm not picking on you, I'm disagreeing with you.

Blackett has represented England at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U21 level so how am I wrong?

We will have to be "red hot" on Sunday, if we are even to compete. At our very best, we could get a draw, which I would be happy with, but with Utd. having despatched QPR so easily, they must have their tails up now.

QPR are dross though, even Spurs stuffed em 4-0.

Think they'll win 2-1. Ulloa for us early in the first half, then Rooney and Falcao for them second half. Think they'll pepper our goal all game, but once they manage to score they'll get another. Won't be anywhere near as easy for them as QPR was but if they score early on though I would fear for us!

Also United away fans are the best in the country and will be loud as **** so I'm hoping the City fans will be bang up for it!

QPR rolled over and were woeful, Arry's game plan was so wrong playing too deep and paying too much respect. I would have been disappointed if we hadn't won convincingly with their performance. Utd fans have talked about getting the fear factor back which over the years I am sure has worked massively in their favour. We have played Chelsea ,Arsenal and Everton and put up a good fist we have nothing to fear from this lot!

Without the ball on Sunday both RVP and Rooney went very wide and blocked the passing options to fullbacks and the wingers forcing QPR to play through the middle where United had the numerical advantage. It obviously worked well and I'm not one for being overly reactive but it might be worth playing Cambiasso as the deepest midfielder to collect the ball and lay it off.

If we go with Drinkwater and King (as opposed to Hammond) we'll have a lot more energy in the centre so we can press them better especially if Vardy is on the wing. QPR showed them too much respect and I doubt we'll do the same because that backline looks very penetrable.

Might be good that ManUre beat qpr 4-0 and think they can now win the league!!!

They hopefully underestimate us,which may happen as im sure LvG wont even know who Leicester are.

One good game against shitty olde qpr and they think they are back to the best...hope we fook em....Just a shit ManCity...a shit Mannnn Citttyyyyy your just a shit Man city...

I hate attitudes like this. Stoke fans were saying they hadn't heard of most of our team. Do you think Man Utd fans know who the fvck Liam Moore is?

He's come through the Utd academy and is being started by Louis Van Gaal ffs, he's not going to be shit.

You obviously haven't watched him play this season. He's been one of the worst 'defenders' in the league from what I've seen so far.. Truly awful. Van Gaal has had a lot of injuries at the back which is the main reason Blackett has found himself in the 1st team despite only having 13 Football League appearances to his name, nevermind in the PL.

And those FL appearances were for Birmingham who have made less clean sheets than andrex in recent years and Blackpool.

Certainly the worst defender I have ever seen playing for Manure. He will be instantly dropped when other options are fit.

I'm not picking on you, I'm disagreeing with you.

Blackett has represented England at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U21 level so how am I wrong?

You are wrong because if you think he is not shit then you clearly haven't watched him play this season where he has been the definition of shit defender.

drop Nuge are you off your rocker pftttt we have a team that has been forged together who play together , it isn't a team that's been put together with a tube of glue its quite simply the best team ive seen grace Leicester in many years Nuge provides a lot for the team  , as long as someone Is scoring I couldn't give a flying puck who it is I am going to say we are going too give Man United a better game then jigsaw QPR

Is there anyone who has not put Esteban in their team to face Man Utd., who was at the match at Stoke. I just think that all those with Cambiasso on the bench have never seen him play.

Cambiasso is pure quality anyone who was at Stoke knows this. The pass he made into the box bending onto Ulloa's head from about thirty yards was pure class the man MUST start on Sunday.

Both him and Drinkwater I hope Nigle does not stick to his policy of always playing the same team, certainly not for this game.

I see a lot calling for 451, I don't think this is a great idea, we have looked pretty damn good in our usual formation, particularly against the better teams. I think that is because we pose a goal threat. playing a 451 could lead us to sitting further back and inviting pressure on us and with Ulloa isolated up front on his own and no Nugent to keep them honest they will just keep coming at us. QPR posed no threat and got stuffed.

Winning 4-0 was a very good result for United but any praise for their performance has to be tempered by the fact QPR were so poor.

Harry Redknapp's side played very deep, and their five men in midfield did not press United when they had the ball - instead, they sat back and let them play.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29201077

I expect Nige to line them up as he has done in previous games, 4411, Nuge's role is key, he has the freedom to run around and chase after the ball forcing them to rush the clearance or pass, or turn back on themselves thus giving the midfield and defense time to get into a good shape.

Now it doesn't necessarily need to be Nugent doing this, but as we have played so well in this way with Nuge in this role I can't see Nigel changing things, and despite not hitting the back of the net yet this season, it isn't the first mini drought he has had, butwe all know Nuge can pull a worldy out his ass, and that might be all we need to get something out of the game.

Think we'll start Vardy with Ulloa. I think their defensive frailties are too glaring to ignore. Vardy will give Blackett nightmares. Not that Nugent has done anything to deserve being dropped, purely that Vardy will have 5 yards on them before they even blink.

Archived