Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United pre-match thread

What a mouth watering prospect?!...With Matty James probably available too, he'll be desperate to play in this one, so I can see the DD /MJ combo starting with Cambiasso on the bench?.. Hamer to retain his place? And Vardy in for Nugent?.... Roll on next Sunday!!!!

absolutely no chance that MJ will start ahead of DH.  nigel is not a man of emmotions.  he will keep the players that delivered - he should have learned a lesson yesterday (potentially tired players should not start PL games) but i dont think that will change his ways. 

Schmeichal

De Laet   Morgan  Moore   Konchesky

Hammond    Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Nugent              Ulloa           Vardy/Schlupp/Mahrez  (Can't make my mind up)

Subs The two on the left not selected Wasilewski King Hamer James Knockaert

I think it's about time Vardy started for Nugent

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Hammond

Albrighton

Ulloa

Vardy

Hamer, Simpson, James, Schlupp, Mahrez, Lawrence, Wood

Nugent not even on the bench?

Pearson won't go without a centre half on the bench either

What a mouth watering prospect?!...With Matty James probably available too, he'll be desperate to play in this one, so I can see the DD /MJ combo starting with Cambiasso on the bench?.. Hamer to retain his place? And Vardy in for Nugent?.... Roll on next Sunday!!!!

Have you not learned from the last couple of weeks. Players dropped or injured won't just walk back into the side.

Schmeichal

Hammond    Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Nugent              Ulloa           Vardy/Schlupp/Mahrez  (Can't make my mind up)

This is bang on I reckon. Schlupp needs dropping.

Schmeichal

Hammond    Cambiasso

Drinkwater

This is spot on, I think Schluup will start as he offers a little more cover defensively than the others.

Usual back four.

Midfield that finished against Stoke (I'd like James in there when fit for Hammond.)

Vardy, Ulloa, Mahrez.

What an unbelievable side that is. Especially when James is back, really, really exciting. I think if Knockaert is benched for poor form to get himself sorted, it's time for Nugent to go the same way. It'd be nice to see confirmation that there are no favourites.

I'm not a Nugent "hater", I believed all of our key players last year should have gotten the chance to play this year and I think he still has a role to play. But, besides some alright defensive work against Everton and Arsenal, I think he's been off colour.

He was our worst performer against Stoke, for me. He'll have better days, definitely, but time for a rest and a chance for Vardy to get a start for me.

Usual back four.

Midfield that finished against Stoke (I'd like James in there when fit for Hammond.)

Vardy, Ulloa, Mahrez.

What an unbelievable side that is. Especially when James is back, really, really exciting. I think if Knockaert is benched for poor form to get himself sorted, it's time for Nugent to go the same way. It'd be nice to see confirmation that there are no favourites.

Ain't it just :D

Usual back four.

Vardy, Ulloa, Mahrez.

I'm not a Nugent "hater", I believed all of our key players last year should have gotten the chance to play this year and I think he still has a role to play. But, besides some alright defensive work against Everton and Arsenal, I think he's been off colour.

He was our worst performer against Stoke, for me. He'll have better days, definitely, but time for a rest and a chance for Vardy to get a start for me.

Mahrez was our worst player yesterday and he was rightly subbed at HT, Nugent can fill in in midfield when we don't have the ball. That's why he'll keep his place.

I think it's about time Vardy started for Nugent

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Hammond

Albrighton

Ulloa

Vardy

Hamer, Simpson, James, Schlupp, Mahrez, Lawrence, Wood

So we've won our first game of the season and you're starting a player who wasn't even in the squad against Stoke in Albrighton.

And no Nugent on the bench either. Can't see it happening.

Mahrez was our worst player yesterday and he was rightly subbed at HT, Nugent can fill in in midfield when we don't have the ball. That's why he'll keep his place.

I agree but to be fair to the lad he was on international duty, and I imagine a lot of traveling, and I think Algeria played Thursday aswell,

he's started all 4 prem games and not scored.

His job is to help us win. He has run his socks off putting pressure on the opposition, he has linked up fantastically with our other players. In short he has done everything but score and helped us to 5pts from our first 4 games.

Perhaps you should shut up!

Would be shocked if James starts, we are yet to see how he plays in the prem.

Schmeichel

DeLaet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Cambiasso - getting forward

Drinkwater - getting forward

Hammond - cdm

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Wasyl, King, Albrighton, Powell, Nugent, Wood

Schmeichal

Hammond    Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Basically that. Someone's going to have to sit on the bench who doesn't deserve to. I have no idea if we'll go 442 or 451/433 and I wonder if NP does yet either. Hard decision. 

We have to play Mahrez against United, can't judge him on yesterday, that was a completely different type of match. He was great against Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

I think so, he'll likely cause problems for them and rise to the occasion, as well as the game suiting him better. It's a question of who plays on the other flank. Nugent and Schlupp have both done well for me (without looking really dangerous they've both put in great shifts every game), whilst Vardy is clearly champing at the bit. Nice problem to have. 

Usual back four.

Vardy, Ulloa, Mahrez.

I've got to the point where I'm not really fussed about whether Nugent scores or not. If him and Mahrez are not on form then i'd pick Nuge every time. The amount of running he does is so important with us being a newly promoted team.

If he's contributing defensively and making opposition defenders think then that's honestly enough for me. If he was playing Ulloa or Vardy's role as the more advanced player  then I'd think differently but Pearson doesn't want 2 out and out strikers. We're definitely playing with an Advanced forward/target man + defensive forward/shadow striker if we're talking footy manager :P

Would be shocked if James starts, we are yet to see how he plays in the prem.

Schmeichel

DeLaet

Morgan

Moore

Konch

Cambiasso - getting forward

Drinkwater - getting forward

Hammond - cdm

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Wasyl, King, Albrighton, Powell, Nugent, Wood