Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

We've had 10 years of lower league officiating, which at times has been a complete joke.

We was fortunate to get the first penalty. You then went on to concede 3 more 'fair' goals. Your team is in turmoil and you will (in my opinion) never be 'that' United team or club again.

Give us some credit and worry about your team not us or Vardy.

When have I not gave you credit?

A mark of a football fan is having substance behind why you support a team. Another is being capable of honesty and humility. There are many such supporters in and around Manchester, ie; Bury, Oldham, Rochdale or MCFC.

Again, where have I not been honest?

Check out the Real Madrid game on now, Real have been given two really soft pens, both players went down very easily. Very slight contact both occasions.

Having started playing in the 60's I don't see anything wrong with Vardy's strong arming / shoulder charging Rafael, particularly as defenders are still allowed do the same at corners. I am just fed up with weak players moaning when they have been gutless and half hearted in the challenge. Basically Rafael bottled it, he was already going down from the challenge and then acted naively.

Vardy is getting unfair stick, he did go down easily, but was given the opportunity by pathetic defending.

Do you not see the contradiction here?

Don't let them make this about the ref. Just don't sink to it. The third and fourth goals were the crucial ones and they were both a mixture of terrible defending and superb attacking play.

In terms of the result yes, however Leicesters second goal changed the game.

Any "World class" side would've seen a game like Sunday out at 3-2. Don't blame your own shortcomings on a few questionable decisions.

I agree, our defence crumbled, Vardy has to take credit for that. Played with heart and sweated blood.

definate foul on nugent for di maria's goal..he was arguing with the ref about it on the halfway line,...but it don't fit in the united's persecution complex..

Indeed johnny - if he hadn't been moaning to the ref about it, he would have got goal side of Rooney and there would have been no through ball to di Maria. I suspect NP had something to say to him about it when they reviewed the game.

how is humpy getting stick? he's one of the most reasonable away fans you're likely to get.

vardy dived, it was obvious. rafael does nothing more than let his forearm touch vardy, and vardy is checking over his shoulder.

Cheers, I'm a member of a few sites so I'm kinda used to it. However I like having discussions with rival fans so I fully expect a bit of stick.

There's no doubt Vardy went down soft, but if it was RVP that went down after De Laet made contact with him I'd be livid with De Laet. Very naive thing to do, especially considering the position Vardy was in, he wasn't even through on goal. Silly to give the ref a decision to make.

There's no doubt Vardy went down soft, but if it was RVP that went down after De Laet made contact with him I'd be livid with De Laet. Very naive thing to do, especially considering the position Vardy was in, he wasn't even through on goal. Silly to give the ref a decision to make.

That's why I don't blame Vardy for diving, every team does it, even though it's the biggest disease in the game and destroying football no one in UEFA seems to care. Yes the players could change, but that's never going to happen, it's up to the authorities to change it.

I blame the ref for getting sucked in, no one else.

Guest bss9401

It was embarrassing how easily Vardy shrugged Rafael off. I found it funny. Then to see the petulant little knob run at him made it easy for Vardy to shield the ball and draw the challenge.

Guest seanfox778

It wasn't a dive as such. A dive for me is going down theatrically when the player hasn't been touched. Vardy was clever in a sense that he knew exactly what Rafael was going to do, he knew Rafael lost his cool and he was charging towards him and he took advantage of that. Rafael is to blame, as an experienced Manchester United defender he should know a hell of a lot better.

I blame Rafael for losing his cool. You can't make contact with a player inside the box from behind. He was asking for it.

He didn't make contact, Vardy moved towards him. You can blame a Rafael all you want but Vardy is the one that dived and Clattenburg fell for it. Trying to justify a dive by saying Rafael lost his cool when he clearly didn't is just, wrong.

I think the level of bitterness from the Man united fans gives a good clue as to how they have come to realise just how far down the pecking order of top clubs they have sunk. They all thought that after getting rid of Moyes it would be business as usual. It was not just the result against us. It has been a dismal start for them other than a weak capitulating Q.P.R.

Just wait until they play the top sides,  no more fear factor, a manager who does not even do his home work and at least half the team that could not walk in the shadows of their predecessors . It's been a long time coming but their blinkered arrogance born out of years of success is there for all to see. This hump character is the classic example of this. They have fvcked up big time and will be for ever chasing the real big boys the Chelsea , Man city , etc. They have had their day and it's over, time for their plastic fans to start buying Man City shirts instead. ;)

Had a good laugh at the last few pages!

I think we'll all admit that sometimes you get the penos and sometimes you don't. Vardy wins penalties because of his pace, and because he gets the wrong side of defenders so frequently - and on this occasion there was contact, and he sold it just like every other striker in the premiership does.

Was it a foul outside the box? Looking at it again on iPlayer, I actually think Rafael sells it really badly and I don't think the contact is bad. In fact, looking at his positioning he was never going to get to the ball first. I wouldn't have complained if the foul was given, but I still think we'd have run you ragged for the rest of the game.

The other incidents I think are non issues completely. No way should have De Laet seen red, the second penalty was in zero doubt and the 'ball out of play' I'm still waiting to see some proof.

I thought Rooney's on the pitch attitude was appalling, don't think he is a leader at all. Loves to blame everyone else doesn't he!

Continuing to blame a ref for a bad decision which only made it 2-3 is just moronic.

Especially when the side leading still has di maria, van persie, falcao and rooney on the pitch.

Why does everyone underestimate us??

This isn't a one off. We have done it to everton, stoke and arsenal this season, and should of took the lead at the bridge.

I think the level of bitterness from the Man united fans gives a good clue as to how they have come to realise just how far down the pecking order of top clubs they have sunk. They all thought that after getting rid of Moyes it would be business as usual. It was not just the result against us. It has been a dismal start for them other than a weak capitulating Q.P.R.

Just wait until they play the top sides,  no more fear factor, a manager who does not even do his home work and at least half the team that could not walk in the shadows of their predecessors . It's been a long time coming but their blinkered arrogance born out of years of success is there for all to see. This hump character is the classic example of this. They have fvcked up big time and will be for ever chasing the real big boys the Chelsea , Man city , etc. They have had their day and it's over, time for their plastic fans to start buying Man City shirts instead. ;)

Well said, absolutely spot on!

Continuing to blame a ref for a bad decision which only made it 2-3 is just moronic.

Especially when the side leading still has di maria, van persie, falcao and rooney on the pitch.

Why does everyone underestimate us??

This isn't a one off. We have done it to everton, stoke and arsenal this season, and should of took the lead at the bridge.

And it's not a one off for them either. there will be plenty more embarrassing defeats for them before the season is over.

crikey can we get this thread back to how fĂșcking boss jamie vardy is and how much we all want to kiss esteban's bald head instead of listening to this manc crying

Again, where am I crying? I'm starting to think some posters in here are incapable of reading or, are not reading my posts and forming an incorrect opinion of what I'm saying. Odd.

Archived