Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

Love how Nuge says in his interview that Leicester went AWOL after it went 3-2 when really they did the complete opposite. If anything Man U went AWOL. I love it when footballers get phrases wrong.

lol I had to correct someone at work because they kept misusing that phrase. I think he thought it meant "gone ballistic" or something like that. The opposite of Absent WithOut Leave, really.

Love how Nuge says in his interview that Leicester went AWOL after it went 3-2 when really they did the complete opposite. If anything Man U went AWOL. I love it when footballers get phrases wrong.

Looks like he meant we put aside our defensive duties. "AWOL going forward and it worked for us" makes sense.

I'm a City fan through and through. I'm over the moon that a penalty was awarded for Rafael's challenge.

But Vardy fouled him first! Absolutely clear, it was nie on GBH! lol

Anyone who thinks otherwise is looking though blue tinted specs, the size of Dennis Taylor's!

IMO....

Yeah I think it's commonly accepted Vardy fouls Rafael first. For me though if one of our defenders them reacted in that way, I'd be more annoyed at him than the ref. This is a defender that has won league titles, champions league (I think) and domestic cups. To show that level of naivety and petulance is crazy imo.

All the other goals were 100% legit though!

Vardy dived, he engineered minimal contact with Rafael and threw himself down. I thought it was a penalty at the time but the replays show what happened.

As for Humpy, he seems a decent poster to me. He's praised us, and he's right, our second goal did change the course of the game, although it doesn't account for their ridiculous collapse. If we hadn't got the penalty then who knows how the game would've turned out. I still think we'd have scored but it let us built up a head of steam. People jumping on Humpy's back for saying Vardy dived are just looking through blue tinted specs, and the ones giving him abuse are just pathetic.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7438.html?

25 Sep 2014
HOME WIN AGAINST MAN UTD EARNS LEICESTER THE ACCOLADE

spacer_green.jpg

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week the newly sponsored and longstanding LG Performance of the Week Award should go to Leicester City following their excellent 5-3 home win against Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League on 21 September 2014.

The experienced and highly distinguished panel has managed a combined total of over 6,000 competitive matches in professional football.

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson will receive a new specially commissioned trophy made by world renowned silversmiths and LMA Partner, Thomas Lyte of London, in a presentation to commemorate the award.

Leicester won the award after a fine second half come back to secure a stunning victory.

A brace from Leonardo Ulloa and strikes by David Nugent, Esteban Cambiasso and Jamie Vardy earned the hosts victory where they had trailed 3-1 in the second half.

Speaking after the match, Pearson was delighted with the result:

"It's massive. Obviously, it's not been an easy journey to come here, and now we are at the top, but it's all about staying here now."

I'm a City fan through and through. I'm over the moon that a penalty was awarded for Rafael's challenge.

But Vardy fouled him first! Absolutely clear, it was nie on GBH! lol

Anyone who thinks otherwise is looking though blue tinted specs, the size of Dennis Taylor's!

IMO....

Wot-ever. It's in the RULES look:

"Minimal shoulder-to-shoulder contact by a player against an opponent. A shoulder charge can be made by a player against an opponent in possession, or vice-versa.

A shoulder charge is most commonly used by a defender to knock a player in possession out of his stride and win back the ball.

The shoulder is placed squarely against the shoulder of the opponent, and pushed against him.

A shoulder charge is fair unless it is done in a careless, reckless or excessively forceful manner. The referee may blow for a foul if the arms are out, use of elbow becomes a push or a hold and both feet are off the ground. A shoulder charge should not be committed in such a way that there is an unnatural step towards the opponent, and no intention to win the ball."

Textbook Shoulder barge, fair challenge, stonewall penalty, fair result. :thumbup:

"Minimal shoulder-to-shoulder contact by a player against an opponent. A shoulder charge can be made by a player against an opponent in possession, or vice-versa.

A shoulder charge is most commonly used by a defender to knock a player in possession out of his stride and win back the ball.

The shoulder is placed squarely against the shoulder of the opponent, and pushed against him.

A shoulder charge is fair unless it is done in a careless, reckless or excessively forceful manner. The referee may blow for a foul if the arms are out, use of elbow becomes a push or a hold and both feet are off the ground. A shoulder charge should not be committed in such a way that there is an unnatural step towards the opponent, and no intention to win the ball."

Textbook Shoulder barge, fair challenge, stonewall penalty, fair result. :thumbup:

lol It wasn't a shoulder charge! He used his arm. What 'rule book' is that anyway?

Highlighted the relevant bits for you.

Really should have been a foul by that definition.

Highlighted the relevant bits for you.

Really should have been a foul by that definition.

Those terms are open to wide interpretation.

Minimal contact? Well, contact only lasted a split second. So it was minimal.

Was it “excessively forceful”? Or was Rafael just “excessively weedy”?

And what the hell constitutes an “unnatural step”?

The problem is the vagueness of the rule book. Clattenberg has interpreted the contact, force and ‘step’ of the challenge in Vardy’s favour. And why shouldn't he?

He’s a quality ref. :D 

Archived