Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Manchester United post match thread 5 - 3

I do think all of this about Vardy Is funny.

He's done a job for us hero well done great.

Man U fans moaning and bitching yeah I see that at the time but ffs 2 days later.

Really do they have such short memories?

Never seen one stand up and say that was not a penalty/free kick Ronaldo fell over his own shadow.

FFS they need to grow up what goes around comes around.

Had a good laugh at the last few pages!

I think we'll all admit that sometimes you get the penos and sometimes you don't. Vardy wins penalties because of his pace, and because he gets the wrong side of defenders so frequently - and on this occasion there was contact, and he sold it just like every other striker in the premiership does.

Was it a foul outside the box? Looking at it again on iPlayer, I actually think Rafael sells it really badly and I don't think the contact is bad. In fact, looking at his positioning he was never going to get to the ball first. I wouldn't have complained if the foul was given, but I still think we'd have run you ragged for the rest of the game.

The other incidents I think are non issues completely. No way should have De Laet seen red, the second penalty was in zero doubt and the 'ball out of play' I'm still waiting to see some proof.

I thought Rooney's on the pitch attitude was appalling, don't think he is a leader at all. Loves to blame everyone else doesn't he!

I agree about Rooney, a good captain knows how to motivate the team, blasting them in front of everybody is not the way, especially when he played a part in your third goal.

As for the free kick, that type of challenge is given as a free kick every day of the week, I'm sorry if that seems like crying,apparently I'm doing that a lot, but I the modern game it's a foul.

I still think we would have lost, we lost our shape and Leicester capitalised.

And it's not a one off for them either. there will be plenty more embarrassing defeats for them before the season is over.

Maybe, maybe not...

We are a better side than a lot of people believe...even at this level.

Everton, Chelsea, arsenal and united have not been able to handle our style yet.

Again, where am I crying? I'm starting to think some posters in here are incapable of reading or, are not reading my posts and forming an incorrect opinion of what I'm saying. Odd.

Actually I think most posters don't really care what your opinion is . I'm still scratching my head trying to work out why you are on here at all ?

Vardy dived.

I know clattenberg was bad....but wow....to concede 4 goals from one penalty must take the biscuit.

For a chat.

Actually I think most posters don't really care what your opinion is . I'm still scratching my head trying to work out why you are on here at all ?

I think he has the 'Hump'.

Did you come up with that one all by your ownsome? You must be so proud, make sure you tell everybody in school tomorrow.

I'm replying to all the posts, I've tried to change the conversation but it keeps coming back to me crying or some shit.

Sounds like your bottles gone just like your defense .  :D  :D  Anyway does you mum know you're still up ?

Still couldn't believe it all day today, I've never witnessed a game like that live, the King Power was bouncing even at 3-1 down the fans were fairly good in supporting the lads I thought!

have loads of United supporting mates who are trying to jump back to 'their local team who they've always supported' felt great to give them some proper stick which they didn't take the best!

If I didn't love Vardy enough before this match then I don't think I could love him more now, what a player!

I suppose next time we play Yanited we could stop the game every 20 seconds.

Then they can re watch it if they don't like what happened we could rewind and start again till they do.

FFS they even got 6mins Ferrgie time and still fvcked it up.

Must be horrible when the laws of the game don't suit you any more. lol lol lol

It always makes me laugh when some clown comes over to 'congratulate' us when their posts are always laced with digs.

"It was actually a good atmosphere for such a small ground"

"Vardy dived, that's clear as day".

"You had your luck, but you were the better team".

Here's a thought mate. Nobody gives a shit about Man United and nobody wants your shite round of applause.

If you were genuinely here to congratulate us and not be a ****ing WUM then you'd have said something along the lines of "Congratulations lads, you were the better side and fully deserved to win. Oh, and i've got a mico-penis that I shove through holes i've made in my Wayne Rooney poster for pleasure".

Do. One.

It was a poor refereeing decision, yes.

Vardy conned the referee, yes.

But fvcking hell if a team full of quality players can't handle a bit of momentum, then they don't deserve the money they are paid. I've not seen an opposition team at the KP cave in so badly since we bashed Huddersfield 6-1 on New Years Day last year, and they were fvcking terrible that day!! The referee-concentrated moaning of some United fans is just pathetic. It's reminiscent of some England fans in the 2010 world cup complaining that not giving Lampard's goal cost England the match. Wrong. Germany were just far superior in the end, just like we were far superior by the end of the match on Sunday.

I'd understand the complaints if that penalty took us to 4-3 and actually won us the game. In that case, the direct impact of the decision would obviously have been the only difference between the sides. Yet, we still had to score two more goals to even win the game from that position. We took it up a gear and the United players had no response. There was a period where we were absolutely camped in their half, pass after pass, cross after cross. We nearly scored a goal comprised solely of backheels and nutmegs. Schlupp could have scored, King could have scored. United had to hoof it out to relieve pressure and we just came back. The end of that game was an absolute drubbing if I ever saw one.

I'd also understand if they only complained about the Rafael penalty. Instead some resort to claiming the ball was out for the first (er, no!) and that there was a foul on Blackett before the final penalty. If that's a foul the game is gone. I've heard the word "shove" about that one a lot:

shove
ʃʌv/
verb

1. 1.
    push (someone or something) roughly.

A SHOVE?!?! Rafael's challenge was more of a shove than that bloody challenge. It's like Shaun Dyche claiming Wood pushed their defender before his screamer at the Turf. Pathetic.

The complaints reek of fans wanting to blame everything but their own shortcomings. LVG didn't blame it, so no-one should. No top team should feebly surrender a match like United did on Sunday. Fortunately for us, we have the players and the ability to take advantage of such dross defending.

It would have all been different if Rojo had scored from the corner Clattenburg conjured from nowhere. And if the foul on Nugent had been given prior to Di Maria's wonder goal (although I'm glad that happened). 

Indeed, we've had our fair share go for and against us,every team has. It's something we have to accept, it's the disease of the game unfortunately and no one who can change the game seems to care.

Unlike some I don't blame the players I blame the system, if a player doesn't go down these days he doesn't get anything, if he doesn't make it look theatrical he doesn't get anything it's up to the referees and the FA to stop it, not the players.

Don't give me that crap. Ferguson, who I think had the media power to make things happen, constantly justified your teams diving by saying 'there was contact'. There was contact on vardy so what's the problem?

He even went as far to say 'preempting contact' from a defender isn't 'diving'..

When he had nowhere else to go, he said 'he will have a word'. The clowns would be at it again the following week!

Now bore off, it's sour grapes.

Archived