Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lakes fox

What's happened to knocky

Can someone please send me a message about this rumour about Knockaert please ?

I have PM'd you but due to the content being top secret you will have to use google to view it. Go onto google, select images and then search for 'blue waffle' and that will give you help.

You know where I am of you need me.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope Knockaert buckles down and forces his way back into contention. I've heard from people at the club that he's the worst trainer there - probably not an issue in the Championship that much, but in the Premier League you really need to step up your game, and I don't think he gets that at the minute. He definitely has the ability to be one of our best players, but he really needs to apply himself better. It's such a shame, because I think when he's at 100%, he can be absolutely outstanding.

He seems a lot less confident on the ball in his last few appearances in my opinion.

Probably a case of not wanting to get moaned at for losing the ball.

Well it's never bothered him before.

At the moment he's just well behind Mahrez Schlupp and now Albrighton in the pecking order... and you don't tend to play two wingers and have two wingers on the bench. So it's Saturday's off for Knocky until further notice

I remember watching him at Blackburn not long after we signed him - came on for a late 15 minute cameo, a young fresh lad, low centre of gravity, bags of tricks and no fear. Unfortunately, I think he's gained Waghorn syndrome. He looks far too chunky and seems a lot more clumsy as a result. I don't see why we need to do this to players?!

I remember watching him at Blackburn not long after we signed him - came on for a late 15 minute cameo, a young fresh lad, low centre of gravity, bags of tricks and no fear. Unfortunately, I think he's gained Waghorn syndrome. He looks far too chunky and seems a lot more clumsy as a result. I don't see why we need to do this to players?!

Really hope you're wrong pal

Waghorn syndrome? What about Ronaldo syndrome? Bulking up hardly hinders a player, In my opinion Waghorn lost his desire and this affected him. What I dont understand is how Schlupp consistently gets in above Knocky.

I said what his problem was in the summer!

He's not quick enough. He can beat a player with his skill but can't then get away. Same problem if he loses the ball. He's just not quick enough to get it back. The pace of the Premiership I think, shows Knockaert's limitations. I think he'll play some good games. But not consistently enough for Nige to keep playing him. IMO.

I said what his problem was in the summer!

He's not quick enough. He can beat a player with his skill but can't then get away. Same problem if he loses the ball. He's just not quick enough to get it back. The pace of the Premiership I think, shows Knockaert's limitations. I think he'll play some good games. But not consistently enough for Nige to keep playing him. IMO.

Not sure pace is that big a factor if you have skill in the Premier League. Of course it helps but Knocky reminds me of a young Nasri in the early days at Arsenal, and he's done alright for himself without having bags of pace as his skills buys him that extra yard.

I agree with others about his lack of confidence. For me his game started going off the boil the moment Pearson started putting constraints on the lad by discouraging him to express his flair. You could gradually see last season Pearson's influence kicking in and his game deteriorating to the point where he almost looked afraid to play his natural game. I appreciate that he often tries to do too much and occasionally loses the ball which can be costly in the Premier League, however I also think that the skill that he possesses gives him the ability to beat players that some of our other players simply can't.

He was never that good, very over hyped. Solid at Championship level.

The thing is, when he first got here he was a total breath of fresh air. Those of us accustomed only to seeing the likes of Sylla, Maybury, Tiatto etc playing on the wings had never seen anything like him in a blue shirt before.

For me he is symbolic of Pearson's decision to try to move towards a more skilful approach to getting out of that division, despite having previously been very much a pragmatic manager focused on hitting Howard and then Fryatt/Waghorn feeding on the scraps (a bit harsh/simplistic I know).

For that he'll always be a favourite of mine, whether he plays another minute for the club or not. His signing was a huge watershed moment for the club.

Our fans have an awful record of writing players and managers off for that matter, the latest one being Harry Kane.

Knocky needs to realise most having a go at him are pretty clueless and just knuckle down and not let it affect his game.

Our fans have an awful record of writing players and managers off for that matter, the latest one being Harry Kane.

Knocky needs to realise most having a go at him are pretty clueless and just knuckle down and not let it affect his game.

Spot on. The sad thing is that he feeds off positivity, and I don't think we're going to give it to him any more.

His lack of pace is a factor but I don't think it's terminal. He's always been that quick, so it not like he's used to relying on pace to save him. He's a hot or cold player, and while the fans appreciated that in the Championship (or at least until a cold run at the end of last season), we seem to have become very risk averse. As such we very quickly give negative vibes and I don't think he copes well with that.

So far he's been unfit v Everton, gash vs Shrewsbury (according to those I've spoken to), and then restricted to cameos when we're clinging on or desperately chasing. He is often over enthusiastic in these situations, and tries to do too much. He's still better than Mahrez at tracking back, and has more quality than our other (non-Mahrez) wingers. He's also at his best with confidence and excitement from the crowd.

I *hope* rather than expect that there's more to come from him, but I'd like to think his efforts in some very good times in the last 2 years would buy him a bit of slack from us. Assuming he is fit, I'd like to see him start, because neither Schlupp, nor Albrighton, nor the 433 has done enough to earn a starting berth...

Archived