Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Driving across Leicester yesterday from Narborough Road through to Thurmaston via Belgrave and Melton Road, the number of cars randomly parked on double yellow lines as if traffic laws don't apply if you're nipping into the bank/shop/take-away.

One guy was stopped on double yellows to talk on his phone, forcing trucks and buses to jam up behind him trying to change lanes.

Total joke of a road. People seem to think it's OK to park anywhere as long as you put your hazards on. Driving up there last week I could have took some woman's door off as she just flung her door open whilst parked on double yellows. Absolute free-for-all.

• 4 weeks later...

At the weekend driving down the M1 in the outside (slow lane) between two lorries in a 50 zone. Driving through a junction and a mercedes is set to join onto the M1. Me or the lorries cannot pull across as the road is full. I ease off to give a sufficient gap to let mercedes in (this was a big big gap). They are well ahead of me. I flash them to let them know as I can see them looking. They then start to slow. I start to slow to keep the gap. They go slower. I can't go slower. They stop and I drive past.

They stopped. At the end of the slip road of the M1. I cannot believe the stupidity of some people.

On  the way back I did a 3 lane undertake. Am I proud? Yes. Why? Because I did it at 65mph! That is how bad the doughnuts (my pet phrase for twats who cant drive) were in front of me!

• 2 weeks later...

All the road closures like the A5 at Hinckley and another road in Burbage. Hinckley's becoming like Leicester, a permanent headache on the roads. It's like planning for an expedition...just to get out of the place.       

I encountered that at the weekend. a shambles of planning. Trying to divert through the little back lane in Burbage was a joke. They hadn't even put no parking cones out so residents cars were parked on the road (even those who had space on their drives) making it 10 times more frustrating.

Friends came from Coventry via Wolvey to get to the A5 to come to us but couldn't get on so had to go M69 back to Coventry and the back to Leicester then back to Sapcote to get off!

• Like 1

When some over takes you and then pulls in front, then start braking. What's that all about?

Or when someone pulls out in front from a side road and doesn't accelerate enough to prevent you from braking. Happens to me several times on the main road near me and is even more annoying when there is clear road behind me and the tossers could have waited 5 seconds.

Lorries in the middle lane.

I got on the M1 yesterday and there's a lorry in the middle lane. Always heavy traffic coming home from work at that time, so there I am just in the inside lane nowhere to go. 

Lorries in the middle lane.

I got on the M1 yesterday and there's a lorry in the middle lane. Always heavy traffic coming home from work at that time, so there I am just in the inside lane nowhere to go.

Would you prefer it didn't move over from lane 1 and so you had nowhere to go when the slip road ran out? lol Edited by DB11
  • Like 2

Would you prefer it didn't move over from lane 1 and so you had nowhere to go when the slip road ran out? lol

Most lorries just ease off and let people in the slip lane merge. When you've got a lorry motoring down the middle lane it's so wrong. Especially when I'm passing Meadowhall so in need to get over a lane.

lol that's what I thought. 

DID YOU!!!!!!!!!

Most lorries just ease off and let people in the slip lane merge. When you've got a lorry motoring down the middle lane it's so wrong. Especially when I'm passing Meadowhall so in need to get over a lane.

DID YOU!!!!!!!!!

No they don't. Lorries only do that for other lorries as it takes too long to get back up to speed to slow down - they just keep at what they're doing and let the car change their speed because it's easier for the car. They'll move over to lane two if they can but they do not slow down

I encountered that at the weekend. a shambles of planning. Trying to divert through the little back lane in Burbage was a joke. They hadn't even put no parking cones out so residents cars were parked on the road (even those who had space on their drives) making it 10 times more frustrating.

Friends came from Coventry via Wolvey to get to the A5 to come to us but couldn't get on so had to go M69 back to Coventry and the back to Leicester then back to Sapcote to get off!

The irony is that the council and political groups send all sorts of leaflets out praising their achievements as if they all deserve medals.

Even when a road is clear they litter it with speed humps.

The congestion they've caused in siting The Hub would be laughable if it wasn't such a bottleneck and, just to add further irritation, they built a roundabout beside the Hansom Cab pub which funnels some of the heaviest traffic from two lanes into one forcing countless vehicles to drive miles through the Burbage estates to find an alternative route. Welcome to Hinckley - come and see our new shopping centre, if you can get there!

It's almost phobic. Or Soulsbyesque! If any traffic's seen moving smoothly they think of any way they can to slow or stop it completely. The worst was when the tar hadn't set on the M69. It was the perfect storm and cogged with so many other road works that a journey to Leicester took three/four hours for many people.

I'm surprised some were ever heard of again! :D           

Edited by Thracian

Old people who are easily in their late 70's/80's.

Came off the M69 today and joined the M1 northbound, I've gone up that little slip road that merges from 2 lanes into 1. Now I want to get onto the motorway, indicator on check my mirrors look forward and some stupid bloke has literally completely stopped with his indicator on waiting to pull out.

He didn't have a clue what he was doing and was oblivious to everything a round him.