Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Mindless littering.

Today out past Barnsley a whole family bag of fast food waste was thrown out of the van in front of me. It caught in the slip stream and the wind ripped the bag and half the menu of uneaten food and drink hit my car.

wow that really was fast food

• Like 1

On Tuesday night, I left the King Power a couple of minutes before the end with my son and nephew in tow. We walked up along Burnmoor Street towards the hospital and as we got to the corner close to where the old Filbert Street kop used to be, there was a steward with the road blocked off with cones (as is standard after matches to let the crowd disperse safely).

A car (not sure what it was - a black BMW or Audi type vehicle) pulled up sharply at the roadblock and the driver (a scouser) remonstrated with the steward in an aggressive and confrontational fashion. She explained politely that the road was closed for 20 minutes and they would have to wait. The driver claimed they "had a disabled person in the car" (as if that made any difference), at which point, a passenger got out, removed the cones and threw one across the road before getting back in. The car the sped off down Burnmoor Street whilst the driver shouted further abuse out of his window.

What a complete and utter bellend. Ignorant, impatient, rude and reckless.

If I'd not been with the kids I would have said something but didn't want to get my ass kicked in front of them.

Anyone know where to get a massive key job fixed for as cheap as possible? Got a quote of £150 per panel which seems majorly excessive.

That doesn't sound that bad to me, bearing in mind a Ford main dealer wanted to charge my Dad £350 to take out a tiny trolley ding and chip from the door of his Mondeo.  If the c*** has gone along the whole car that's a lot of respraying to be done - how many panels?

I can PM you the number of a bloke that did some decent work for me who charged a fair price - trust me though, it's not all about cost, there are plenty of places out there doing shoddy work that'll make you wish you spent a bit more

Last week I got pushed off the road by a foreign lorry driver who didn't stop (The number plate was foreign anyway - Didn't manage to note it down in time otherwise I could track it down/complain), What a cunt. Forcing me to hit the curb resulting a blow out, I feared it had done allsorts of damage to suspension, e.t.c, luckly it was just a case of a new tyre.

Now, i've just got home from going down the shops, got in home and there was a massive scuff down the passenger side, some arsehole (Judging by the height it was a van or 4x4) has obviously scrapped down the side of my car either turning in or reversing out, couple of dents and paints scratches, just took it to a sprayshop and they're confident they'll get the dents out and it'll buff up. They'd hit it so bad they'd even knocked my wing mirror in...How shit of a driver do you have to be to do that?!

What is the point in having nice things when these absolute bellends are about?

Edited by Matt

Last week I got pushed off the road by a foreign lorry driver who didn't stop (The number plate was foreign anyway - Didn't manage to note it down in time otherwise I could track it down/complain), What a cunt. Forcing me to hit the curb resulting a blow out, I feared it had done allsorts of damage to suspension, e.t.c, luckly it was just a case of a new tyre.

Now, i've just got home from going down the shops, got in home and there was a massive scuff down the passenger side, some arsehole (Judging by the height it was a van or 4x4) has obviously scrapped down the side of my car either turning in or reversing out, couple of dents and paints scratches, just took it to a sprayshop and they're confident they'll get the dents out and it'll buff up. They'd hit it so bad they'd even knocked my wing mirror in...How shit of a driver do you have to be to do that?!

What is the point in having nice things when these absolute bellends are about?

I agree with this. Its like you take your time to look after summit and there others who dont care.

I agree with this. Its like you take your time to look after summit and there others who dont care.

Conversely just before Xmas I slightly scraped a guy's BMW, we're talking a little bit of paint chipped off the nose just beside the headlight as I scratched all the way down the side of my own car.  No denting at all on either vehicle.  Honest guy that I am I left him a note with my details thinking little would come of it, at worst I'll just have to drop him the cost for repainting and be done with it since there's no way it's worth going through insurers. Wrong. Dude made me go round his flat to fill in an accident form even though there's no way the cost of repairs will fall below his deductible unless I'm vastly underestimating the cost of a few millilitres of paint.  Some people are too uptight about these things.

To be fair insurance companies are wise to people settling these things without using their insurer and can make life very difficult for you if it ever comes to light. I have these days started to come to the conclusion it's best just to do everything above board, silly as it is for you not to be simply able to foot his bill for a respray.

Conversely just before Xmas I slightly scraped a guy's BMW, we're talking a little bit of paint chipped off the nose just beside the headlight as I scratched all the way down the side of my own car. No denting at all on either vehicle. Honest guy that I am I left him a note with my details thinking little would come of it, at worst I'll just have to drop him the cost for repainting and be done with it since there's no way it's worth going through insurers. Wrong. Dude made me go round his flat to fill in an accident form even though there's no way the cost of repairs will fall below his deductible unless I'm vastly underestimating the cost of a few millilitres of paint. Some people are too uptight about these things.

A friend of mine did something similar to you. Minute scratch on the back corner, when they made him turn up at theirs to fill in the forms it looked like they'd taken a sander to it and gave him some huge repair cost.

Thank god he took a picture of it.

Cyclists going along country lanes at low light without any sort of high-vis, absolute menace when you can't see them until you're practically on them.

My daughter stepped off the bus yesterday ,onto the pavement, and nearly got ran over by a cyclist and the twat had the nerve to bollock her for not wearing hi viz clothing.