Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

My wife pulled over to let a ambulance coming the opposite way through only for a dosh UPS driver who was on his phone going in the same direction to slow down and block the ambulance she was trying to let through.

Then not less than 100m down the road a 2nd ambulance was flashing blue lights be hi dubs, so we again pulled over only for the car directly behind us to dive into the space she had vacated in an attempt to turn right and held the ambulance up for an unnecessary 10-20 seconds.

Although I know it's wrong, I always hope people like this will one day be needing an ambulance urgently and it gets held up.

My wife pulled over to let a ambulance coming the opposite way through only for a dosh UPS driver who was on his phone going in the same direction to slow down and block the ambulance she was trying to let through.

Then not less than 100m down the road a 2nd ambulance was flashing blue lights be hi dubs, so we again pulled over only for the car directly behind us to dive into the space she had vacated in an attempt to turn right and held the ambulance up for an unnecessary 10-20 seconds.

Although I know it's wrong, I always hope people like this will one day be needing an ambulance urgently and it gets held up.

They should be fitted with snow ploughs for just such occasions and insurers should be barred from providing cover for any resulting damage.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Currently in Dubai and was told today that according to a survey only 15% of motorists indicate here, the others believe it's a sign of weakness. Nut cases!

Middle lane drivers. I have done a lot of travelling over the last few weeks and I am sick to death of people who stay in the middle lane for no good reason. It causes the outside lane to clog up, especially when you have someone in the middle lane doing 60 then someone over taking them doing 65. The whole motorway then clogs up and everyone behind has to break harshly. Frustrating.

On the way back to Devon Sunday evening I seriously would have been better to drive in the inside lane than the middle or outer as it was virtually free, due to the radiculous amount of dawdlers in the middle lane.

Edited by foxhateram

Just saw some good early morning drivers rage between a lorry driver & a van driver.

Both lanes on Lutterworth Road coming up from Aylestone Rd can turn right onto soar valley way now. So the van driver turns right, the lorry driver paps his horn as he thinks he's cut him up, van driver stops on soar valley way lorry stops also and the driver gets out and walks up to the van. The door opens and outcomes the biggest black man he makes Wes Morgan look like a dwarf, the lorry driver retreats a bit and then they start shouting & swearing at each other.

The van driver then pushes him over the road to show him both lanes can turn right, van driver then walks back to his van still swearing gets in and drives off. Lorry driver gets his mobile out and calls the police and asks me to be a witness for him as he feels he was assaulted. I told him I can't be bothered & that the VD was right as you can turn right from both lanes.

Just saw some good early morning drivers rage between a lorry driver & a van driver.

Both lanes on Lutterworth Road coming up from Aylestone Rd can turn right onto soar valley way now. So the van driver turns right, the lorry driver paps his horn as he thinks he's cut him up, van driver stops on soar valley way lorry stops also and the driver gets out and walks up to the van. The door opens and outcomes the biggest black man he makes Wes Morgan look like a dwarf, the lorry driver retreats a bit and then they start shouting & swearing at each other.

The van driver then pushes him over the road to show him both lanes can turn right, van driver then walks back to his van still swearing gets in and drives off. Lorry driver gets his mobile out and calls the police and asks me to be a witness for him as he feels he was assaulted. I told him I can't be bothered & that the VD was right as you can turn right from both lanes.

Admit it you shat yourself as well. I actually didn't realise both lanes turn right now. How long has that been there for?

Admit it you shat yourself as well. I actually didn't realise both lanes turn right now. How long has that been there for?

lol lol

If it was the van driver asking to be a witness I would have been to scared to say no.

It's been like it for about 18 months now, since they did the roadworks for the new bus lane.

Middle lane drivers. I have done a lot of travelling over the last few weeks and I am sick to death of people who stay in the middle lane for no good reason. It causes the outside lane to clog up, especially when you have someone in the middle lane doing 60 then someone over taking them doing 65. The whole motorway then clogs up and everyone behind has to break harshly. Frustrating.

On the way back to Devon Sunday evening I seriously would have been better to drive in the inside lane than the middle or outer as it was virtually free, due to the radiculous amount of dawdlers in the middle lane.

Middle lane drivers cause undertaking too. Which, of course, is illegal in this country.

Sort of similar story from last week though... I do the M1 daily as I drive 30 minutes to work (and then 30 minutes back home, obviously). I get on a Junction 31 which is just before the M18 interchange... Last week I drove down the slip road and joined the fourth lane of the M1 as usual (the fourth lane merges into the M18 so I have to get across to ensure I'm on the M1). Anyway, there I am indicating to get across and there's a woman just sat on my shoulder and won't move... I literally had to wait so nobody was behind me, and step off the accelerator so she eventually overtook me thus so I go behind her. Honestly unbelievable. 

Overly courteous drivers are a danger on the road.  Following a car through a quiet housing estate and there's a complete stop in the middle of the road.  Surprised, I had to make a very sudden stop.  Reason?  To let a single car, just one, going the other way pass a vehicle parked up on the other side of the road.  lol

Unbelievable.  It's very poor driving when there's someone right behind you.  Nothing else behind, I could understand it more, but this sort of "courteous driving" just leads to potentially unnecessary accidents.

Middle lane drivers cause undertaking too. Which, of course, is illegal in this country.

But the police can now prosecute middle lane hogging and lets face it, it's their job is to raise revenue. I now undertake in certain situations and twice this year I've seen blue flashing lights from unmarked cars. But not for me!

It's about showing courtesy to other road users.

It's an epidemic in the UK.  Another thing I've noticed Brits do which I haven't seen much of on the continent is driving at massively inconsistent speeds.  Travelling from Folkstone I lost count of the number of cars that zoomed past me only to find the same vehicle travelling well under the limit a few miles further down the road, overtake them, watch them zoom past me again a couple miles later, find them travelling well under the limit a few miles further down the road, overtake them, watch them zoom off again and so on and so on.  Utter madness.

It's not just middle lane sitters, there's a new breed of right hand lane sitters on dual carriageways appearing. Perfect example, turned off at the first exit of a roundabout the other day on to a dual carriageway, the car in front immediately pulled into the right hand lane as they exited the roundabout (which is what I normally do as I'm turning right at the next roundabout). They then trundle down that section of road well below the speed limit and go straight on at the roundabout. They had no need whatsoever to pull over into the right hand lane. I'm seeing it all over the place. One guy I decided not to undertake drove at about 40 mph from Birstall all the way to the Loughborough/Quorn roundabout on the A6 in the right hand lane before pulling into the the left one and going into Quorn. :doh:

The other one I'm seeing a lot lately is driving down country roads with no lines marking the centre of the road almost every driver coming the other way is having to correct their position on the road because half their car is on your side of the road.

It's an epidemic in the UK. Another thing I've noticed Brits do which I haven't seen much of on the continent is driving at massively inconsistent speeds. Travelling from Folkstone I lost count of the number of cars that zoomed past me only to find the same vehicle travelling well under the limit a few miles further down the road, overtake them, watch them zoom past me again a couple miles later, find them travelling well under the limit a few miles further down the road, overtake them, watch them zoom off again and so on and so on. Utter madness.

Come drive in canada where its me me me on the road. undertaking and over taking are game in any lane. Speed or no speed in all lanes. There is literally no respect for the rules of the road (which includes common sense driving).

I chalk it up to more cars and more selfishness.

I also chalk it up to texting/surfing while driving and not paying attention.

You will find issues all over the world and let's face it.....it wont get any better. Sigh.

Edited by Jattdogg

It's an epidemic in the UK.  Another thing I've noticed Brits do which I haven't seen much of on the continent is driving at massively inconsistent speeds.  Travelling from Folkstone I lost count of the number of cars that zoomed past me only to find the same vehicle travelling well under the limit a few miles further down the road, overtake them, watch them zoom past me again a couple miles later, find them travelling well under the limit a few miles further down the road, overtake them, watch them zoom off again and so on and so on.  Utter madness.

Oh dear, check your post!

Static, timed and mobile speed cameras are everywhere, If you know what and where they are; hence the madness. Even Claudio fell fall of one on the A14.

Oh dear, check your post!

Static, timed and mobile speed cameras are everywhere, If you know what and where they are; hence the madness. Even Claudio fell fall of one on the A14.

Not sure what I wrote incorrectly?  Just drive at the posted speed like a normal person and you're hunky dory, no need to drive vastly below the limit to 'fix' your average speed after a patch of excessive acceleration pedal depression.  If I can manage it in a foreign car with a km speedo and mental arithmetic the average British road user has no excuse.

Not sure what I wrote incorrectly?  Just drive at the posted speed like a normal person and you're hunky dory, no need to drive vastly below the limit to 'fix' your average speed after a patch of excessive acceleration pedal depression.  If I can manage it in a foreign car with a km speedo and mental arithmetic the average British road user has no excuse.

Haha, I meant post as in letter box post. :)

• Like 2

Wow a massive rock or whatever just flew off a lorry straight into my windscreen... and cracked it.

Going to have to make a claim now!????

Most insurances charge you something like £50-£60 and it doesn't affect your no claims bonus.

Driving across Leicester yesterday from Narborough Road through to Thurmaston via Belgrave and Melton Road, the number of cars randomly parked on double yellow lines as if traffic laws don't apply if you're nipping into the bank/shop/take-away.

One guy was stopped on double yellows to talk on his phone, forcing trucks and buses to jam up behind him trying to change lanes.

Edited by Parafox

Driving across Leicester yesterday from Narborough Road through to Thurmaston via Belgrave and Melton Road, the number of cars randomly parked on double yellow lines as if traffic laws don't apply if you're nipping into the bank/shop/take-away.

One guy was stopped on double yellows to talk on his phone, forcing trucks and buses to jam up behind him trying to change lanes.

That happens a lot, usually people using the cash machine just before the lights.