Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Some horrible ideas from the Council about the A50. If you ever try to get on the northbound M1 from the west of town and you've got a moment, have a look at this page and send the Council some (constructive) abuse...

http://leicestershire.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/road-safety/proposed-reduction-in-a50-speed-limit

Saynoto40limit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012443012290

Old people who are easily in their late 70's/80's.

Came off the M69 today and joined the M1 northbound, I've gone up that little slip road that merges from 2 lanes into 1. Now I want to get onto the motorway, indicator on check my mirrors look forward and some stupid bloke has literally completely stopped with his indicator on waiting to pull out.

He didn't have a clue what he was doing and was oblivious to everything a round him.

See that far too often. I do put part of the blame on some idiots in the slow lane coming up to slip roads though. People are just oblivious to anyone else sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Another super slow Jaguar driver with a queue overtaking one at a time. I have to wait my turn to overtake after a Fiat Panda, a white van, a walkers crisps lorry (and they are slow) a moped, two side by side cyclists, some ducklings and a paper aeroplane.

• Like 1

Some absolute spacker on the A46 this morning...

I'm tootling along in the left lane at 70, some old geezer is in the slip lane up ahead about ready to join the A46.... he gets right to the point where his car is straddling half the slip lane and half the first lane (the one I'm in), indicates to pull in and just stops. I've got cars outside of me so I've got absolutely no where to go. Have to do an emergency stop and come to a complete halt.

Seems like he didn't know where he was going and decided to stop so he could have a chat to his wife about what to do. WTF goes through the mind of these people?!

Oh... and dickheads who pull in front of you into a non existent gap without indicating. WTF is wrong with you giant cock ends?

I can understand why people get cross about old duffers, slow drivers, the overly cautious etc etc but I only really get cross about people taking stupid risks.

The other day I saw someone overtaking on a bend at high speed that was millseconds from disaster when it turned out that by a million to one chance there was another vehicle coming in the opposite direction, and just outside my house the other day someone ran a red light at high speed when there was still oncoming traffic trying to turn right across his path.  Both were proper 'oh shit' moments, where injury or death where narrowly avoided thanks to providence (and the skills of other drivers which I don't think it's wise to rely on).  Why do people take such crazy risks for so little advantage?

I can understand why people get cross about old duffers, slow drivers, the overly cautious etc etc but I only really get cross about people taking stupid risks.

The other day I saw someone overtaking on a bend at high speed that was millseconds from disaster when it turned out that by a million to one chance there was another vehicle coming in the opposite direction, and just outside my house the other day someone ran a red light at high speed when there was still oncoming traffic trying to turn right across his path.  Both were proper 'oh shit' moments, where injury or death where narrowly avoided thanks to providence (and the skills of other drivers which I don't think it's wise to rely on).  Why do people take such crazy risks for so little advantage?

Worst thing I ever saw was a car doing about 80 mph going up Saffron lane with no lights on, all the way on the wrong side of the road and then running a red at pork pie roundabout, going the wrong way around it and belting off towards Soar Valley Way. Made me feel sick, anyone walking into the road, or coming the other way absolutely no chance of avoiding it.

Edited by Babylon

Worst thing I ever saw was a car doing about 80 mph going up Saffron lane with no lights on, all the way on the wrong side of the road and then running a red at pork pie roundabout, going the wrong way around it and belting off towards Soar Valley Way. Made me feel sick, anyone walking into the road, or coming the other way absolutely no chance of avoiding it.

Once saw some little chav shit on a 125 sportsbike going at least 90mph through Sileby (Cossington Road, 30mph limit). There's parked cars all over the place and it's a busy street - one of those moments where you're just waiting to hear to a huge smash and a corpse cartwheeling into a lamppost. Amazingly, nothing happened - just couldn't believe someone could be that mental

My worst "there for the grace of god go I" was 20 years ago. M5 southbound, slow lane.

Two cars are on the hard shoulder and the one behind just pulls out from a standing start right in front of me, and I mean meters!

When you do a lot of motorway miles you tend to notice what is around and behind you as much as what is front of you.

I swerved which is impossible at high speed and fought that steering wheel hard. Tyre smoke, noise and skidding I actually did a 360 and at one point stared face on at the oncoming traffic but ended up in the fast lane in the correct direction.

Everyone around me was brilliant and gave me room to take my now 3 tyred car back to the slow lane. I limped a mile into the A50 services and just sat and cried.

The point is, and here's the killer; I still remember the faces of the two little boys staring out of the back window of the car that just leisurely joined the motorway at 5mph and was never seen again.

I still drive fast (too fast) and overtake a lot but never in any rain and I never get angry at anyone else's mistakes. But please indicate and keep up with the flow of traffic.

My worst "there for the grace of god go I" was 20 years ago. M5 southbound, slow lane.

Two cars are on the hard shoulder and the one behind just pulls out from a standing start right in front of me, and I mean meters!

When you do a lot of motorway miles you tend to notice what is around and behind you as much as what is front of you.

I swerved which is impossible at high speed and fought that steering wheel hard. Tyre smoke, noise and skidding I actually did a 360 and at one point stared face on at the oncoming traffic but ended up in the fast lane in the correct direction.

Everyone around me was brilliant and gave me room to take my now 3 tyred car back to the slow lane. I limped a mile into the A50 services and just sat and cried.

The point is, and here's the killer; I still remember the faces of the two little boys staring out of the back window of the car that just leisurely joined the motorway at 5mph and was never seen again.

I still drive fast (too fast) and overtake a lot but never in any rain and I never get angry at anyone else's mistakes. But please indicate and keep up with the flow of traffic.

And what annoys me is people who refer to motorway lanes as the slow lane and the fast lane :ph34r:

It's lane one, two and three! Lane one is for travelling and lane two and three are for overtaking only :@

And what annoys me is people who refer to motorway lanes as the slow lane and the fast lane :ph34r:

It's lane one, two and three! Lane one is for travelling and lane two and three are for overtaking only :@

Quite! I was going to say lane one but too many people think you just pick a nice lane like the Americans do, so I said the wrong terminology to enhance my tale.

and I never get angry at anyone else's mistakes.

Better man than I.

There are few genuine mistakes IMO, it's mostly moronic pig ignorance or outright dangerous driving without a care for anyone else.

Eg. Someone being in the wrong land on a roundabout is a mistake. Changing lane mid roundabout to correct that mistake, without indicating and without looking is just sheer stupidity. I get it every single day coming off the mortorway at 21 and going round the ASDA island, drives me insane. I'm surprised the left hand side of my car doesn't resemble crumpled paper without how many times people have been mm from side swiping me.

The general attitude seems to be, I've ****ed up, I'm going to correct it and it's for everyone else to get out of my way.

Better man than I.

There are few genuine mistakes IMO, it's mostly moronic pig ignorance or outright dangerous driving without a care for anyone else.

Eg. Someone being in the wrong land on a roundabout is a mistake. Changing lane mid roundabout to correct that mistake, without indicating and without looking is just sheer stupidity. I get it every single day coming off the mortorway at 21 and going round the ASDA island, drives me insane. I'm surprised the left hand side of my car doesn't resemble crumpled paper without how many times people have been mm from side swiping me.

The general attitude seems to be, I've ****ed up, I'm going to correct it and it's for everyone else to get out of my way.

I get annoyed, but getting angry just ruins my day.

I get annoyed, but getting angry just ruins my day.

Ha ha I'm glad you can control it, I sadly cannot.

I've only been driving a couple of years, I was taught if you make someone else brake / take evasive action then it's an instant fail. So I took it to be a fairly important thing. Nobody seems to give a shit about that on the roads as far as I can tell.

Ha ha I'm glad you can control it, I sadly cannot.

I've only been driving a couple of years, I was taught if you make someone else brake / take evasive action then it's an instant fail. So I took it to be a fairly important thing. Nobody seems to give a shit about that on the roads as far as I can tell.

Having a preparedness to collide if it's not your fault might free you up from that angry tension?

Someone pulled up in a car going into Sileby (from Barrow) by some houses, they were half on the kerb and half on the road, which causes people to wait when something comes the other way. I happen to be walking by this car and two women who are waiting are going off on one at me because of that car. How is it POSSIBLY my fault lol

At the weekend driving down the M1 in the outside (slow lane) between two lorries in a 50 zone. Driving through a junction and a mercedes is set to join onto the M1. Me or the lorries cannot pull across as the road is full. I ease off to give a sufficient gap to let mercedes in (this was a big big gap). They are well ahead of me. I flash them to let them know as I can see them looking. They then start to slow. I start to slow to keep the gap. They go slower. I can't go slower. They stop and I drive past.

They stopped. At the end of the slip road of the M1. I cannot believe the stupidity of some people.

On  the way back I did a 3 lane undertake. Am I proud? Yes. Why? Because I did it at 65mph! That is how bad the doughnuts (my pet phrase for twats who cant drive) were in front of me!

M1 J21 northbound is an absolute nightmare. Convinced it's the worst junction in the country.

M1 J21 northbound is an absolute nightmare. Convinced it's the worst junction in the country.

Agreed, absolutely horrendous. Convinced people either have no knowledge of that jct or are blissfully ignorant as they stroll up to one of the shortest merge-ons on the network in the slower lane. You also get brake slammers who are just the worst

Edited by Footballwipe

Someone pulled up in a car going into Sileby (from Barrow) by some houses, they were half on the kerb and half on the road, which causes people to wait when something comes the other way. I happen to be walking by this car and two women who are waiting are going off on one at me because of that car. How is it POSSIBLY my fault lol

People from that area are generally weird.

Agreed, absolutely horrendous. Convinced people either have no knowledge of that jct or are blissfully ignorant as they stroll up to one of the shortest merge-ons on the network in the slower lane. You also get brake slammers who are just the worst

It's got just about everything bad about it that it can possibly have. It's uphill, it's very busy, it merges two lanes into one as you're supposed to be speeding up - you generally do well if you get onto the motorway at 35 in my experience. Not to mention cars coming on from the M69 too.

Awful awful junction. My Mum's scared to go on motorways because of getting on them and I'm convinced if she lived in another part of the country she'd not have the problem.

It's got just about everything bad about it that it can possibly have. It's uphill, it's very busy, it merges two lanes into one as you're supposed to be speeding up - you generally do well if you get onto the motorway at 35 in my experience.

Yep... do it every day and I've only touched 40 about twice. Everyone is usually going about 25mph lol

Some absolute dickhead today, he was in lane 1 coming up the M1 as a large queue of people were trundling up the slip to get on. Most people normally pull over, this guy not only stayed in lane one..... he actually stuck his indicator on and tried to pull over into the slip lane. So he ends up back in the queue to get onto the M1 :unsure:  :ph34r:  lol

Can only presume the prat wanted the services and thought he needed to get into the furthest left lane asap. Unreal.

Yep... do it every day and I've only touched 40 about twice. Everyone is usually going about 25mph lol

Some absolute dickhead today, he was in lane 1 coming up the M1 as a large queue of people were trundling up the slip to get on. Most people normally pull over, this guy not only stayed in lane one..... he actually stuck his indicator on and tried to pull over into the slip lane. So he ends up back in the queue to get onto the M1 :unsure:  :ph34r:  lol

Can only presume the prat wanted the services and thought he needed to get into the furthest left lane asap. Unreal.

Or was moving over very early for the A46 lol