Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

My driving instructor once told me if you ever do something that forces another road user to apply their breaks then you are doing something wrong. (bar, obviously, purposeful stops at lights/turning etc) 

Still sticks with me today. Too many impatient people on the roads. 

I think, from memory, that the Highway Code states that you should not make a manoeuvre that would "cause another vehicle to alter speed or direction", obviously inferring sudden braking or swerving, possibly even accelerating, to avoid a collision.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I think, from memory, that the Highway Code states that you should not make a manoeuvre that would "cause another vehicle to alter speed or direction", obviously inferring sudden braking or swerving, possibly even accelerating, to avoid a collision.

Unless you are on a sports bike then it's your duty to ride in to the bumper of the car in front and intimidate them into moving - it's the law.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Unless you are on a sports bike then it's your duty to ride in to the bumper of the car in front and intimidate them into moving - it's the law.

Yeah, the ****ers. I'm often tempted to stop suddenly just to see if their bikes really can jump a car.

My wife mentioned to me the other day

"Have you ever noticed it's always your right of way? It doesn't matter if you are a pedestrian, on your mountain bike in a car or on your motorbike, it's always somebody else's responsibility to stop and get out of your way?"

I have to hand it to her she is the most astute person I know.

I went through Leicester last Wednesday and again today taking the same route emerging on the east of the city along Belgrave Road and Melton Road, a route I take regularly to visit my old mum.

Last week, between Loughborough Road/Belgrave Road junction and Marfitt Street I counted 41 illegally parked cars on double yellows both on the main road and in entry into the side streets.

Today I counted 28.

That is a total of 69 illegally parked vehicles in 2 days.

At £60 a time that's... erm... hang on.. £4,140 in fines for the city council.

Not once in several years of making this journey on and off once a week, have I ever seen a traffic enforcement operative in the area.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I went through Leicester last Wednesday and again today taking the same route emerging on the east of the city along Belgrave Road and Melton Road, a route I take regularly to visit my old mum.

Last week, between Loughborough Road/Belgrave Road junction and Marfitt Street I counted 41 illegally parked cars on double yellows both on the main road and in entry into the side streets.

Today I counted 28.

Not once in several years of making this journey on and off once a week, have I ever seen a traffic enforcement operative in the area.

Release your inner Traffic Warden ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

"The gap" is between me and the van. It gets closed by one car coming out who indicated nice and early and moved into a nice big gap.  The second car indicates a couple of times 2seconds)  and pulls into a gap that instantly reduces my baking distance to about a cars length and forces me to break.

It's not down to me to move over in that situation as i'm coming off just ahead, they have a whole lane to themselves. It's down to them to change lanes in a fashion that doesn't cause people to break (instant fail on a driving test).

And why would I pull over to the left when I can see someone belting it up on the inside?

No worries Babs, just saying don't let the little things annoy you on the road. I can see it's just a test video. I've got some weird stuff on mine, even ones where I'm at fault. They really are a great thing to have.

Don't get me wrong i love old people and i'd never be able to justify the taking away of their independence but seriously, some should have to retake a modern day driving test !

Honeslty thought the man infront on the way work was going to kill somebody today, every round a bout he just went for it with no regard to oncoming traffic! 

Scary

9 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Driving in the dark for the last few months behind people who slam on their brakes every time car headlights come the other way.

It's not their headlights, It's that you have not cleaned your own and you can't see the road.

This and the number of cars with one headlight misaligned that dazzles you as it approaches.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

This and the number of cars with one headlight misaligned that dazzles you as it approaches.

this. also those who put their full beams on unnecessarily i.e. when there's other traffic approaching or they've forgotten to take them off.

Going into Lutterworth from Gilmorton the other day some tw@t had put a temporary traffic light just round a bend ....   there was one car in front at the lights and I had to slam on the brakes and just stopped inches from her bumper ....    I waited for someone to slam into me and even contemplated going round her and through the red ...   I didn't, and luckily nothing came behind me.   There were no warning signs letting you know what was coming ...       I think some cvnt did it on purpose.    I rang Mrs CF to warn her and she said  "Oh yes I saw that and meant to tell you !!" ...  (Women !!)

When I came back the following day it had been moved further round the bend to a safer location and warning triangles were in place ...   I bet some poor b@stard had already had a shunt by then though.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 18:52, Parafox said:

Today I counted 28.

21 hours ago, The Doctor said:

The amount of people I see parking on double yellows and putting their hazards on as if that makes it fine; you've just got out and gone in the bookies, you obviously aren't broke down.