Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

The knob who accused me of scuffing his "brand new merc" last night. He reckoned his son was in the car as he went to a cash point and felt a movement of is car as I parallel parked.

Admittedly it was a tight squeeze but I didn't feel anything untoward.

When I came out of the shop he was kneeling pointedly at the side of his car. It was 7 pm so was dark. He was running his fingers along his rear bumper, naturally I asked if there was a problem and he then said I had scuffed his car and caused damage to his bodywork.

I felt along his bumper and all I could feel was a very small nick in the paintwork. The rest was marks in the road dirt on the car which I wiped off. We had a heated exchange during which he demanded my name, contact phone number and insurance company which I duly gave him. He then said he was an insurance broker, to which I replied, "you mean, you work in a call centre". Probably ill advised. He took photo's of my reg and the distance between our cars, as if that proves anything, and said "I'll be in touch and you'll be paying for this".

The following morning I looked at my car and there's not a mark on it. Took photographic evidence just in case.

Now I'm worried he'll manufacture something to make a claim to pay for damage I didn't cause.

36 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The knob who accused me of scuffing his "brand new merc" last night. He reckoned his son was in the car as he went to a cash point and felt a movement of is car as I parallel parked.

When I came out of the shop he was kneeling pointedly at the side of his car. It was 7 pm so was dark. He was running his fingers along his rear bumper, naturally I asked if there was a problem and he then said I had scuffed his car and caused damage to his bodywork.

I felt along his bumper and all I could feel was a very small nick in the paintwork. The rest was marks in the road dirt on the car which I wiped off. We had a heated exchange during which he demanded my name, contact phone number and insurance company which I duly gave him. He then said he was an insurance broker, to which I replied, "you mean, you work in a call centre". Probably ill advised. He took photo's of my reg and the distance between our cars, as if that proves anything, and said "I'll be in touch and you'll be paying for this".

The following morning I looked at my car and there's not a mark on it. Took photographic evidence just in case.

Now I'm worried he'll manufacture something to make a claim to pay for damage I didn't cause.

there's no marks on your car so if those pictures can be time-stamped there's the proof that you didn't do anything to his. He needs to prove that it was you and he can't. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Parafox said:

Hold your ground Para ...   had the same thing happen to me a few years ago ...    he said he felt the car move and pointed to a small mark on the edge of his bumper ...   I was sure I hadn't touched him but as I was in a rush I gave him my number and said give me a call I'm sure we can sort it out.    After a while his secretary contacted me, got my name wrong and sneeringly told me the quote for a respray was over a grand.   I told her to xxxx off.  I seem to recall he got nowhere with the insurance so decided to take me to court.  The day before it was due he backed off.   Saw the cvnt a few months later and told him if he hadn't been such a greedy b@stard I might have helped him ....    he didn't say much.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Hold your ground Para ...   had the same thing happen to me a few years ago ...    he said he felt the car move and pointed to a small mark on the edge of his bumper ...   I was sure I hadn't touched him but as I was in a rush I gave him my number and said give me a call I'm sure we can sort it out.    After a while his secretary contacted me, got my name wrong and sneeringly told me the quote for a respray was over a grand.   I told her to xxxx off.  I seem to recall he got nowhere with the insurance so decided to take me to court.  The day before it was due he backed off.   Saw the cvnt a few months later and told him if he hadn't been such a greedy b@stard I might have helped him ....    he didn't say much.

I'm fairly confident he won't get anywhere with any insurance claim and if he tries then he'll surely need proof. As there's no marks on my car and no direct witnesses I don't see how he make any claim against me.

Still a little concerning all the same because you never know what devious bastards some folk can be.

Edited by Parafox

Driving down the slip road from the A50 Groby Road Roundabout to merge on the A46 towards the M1 this morning. Traffic was pretty busy. As I get closer to the A46 to merge there is a huge gap for me to move onto the A46. When I say huge I mean literally 4 car lengths worth of space. Just as i'm about to move over a Red Golf GTI on the A46 decides to speed up and try to stop me merging (for reasons I have no idea, literally the gap is massive). Im already halfway on the A46 when he decides to brake and begins flashing his lights at me. WTF. Are you actually taking the piss. In no way have I just decided to force my way onto the A46 into a tiny gap he literally sped up to try and stop me getting onto the road. Baffles me what his problem was. Everyone was moving at the same low speed, me included, and the golf had looked to have left a nice gap in front of him for merging cars before deciding to put his foot down to not let me on the A46. Daft c***.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving up Beaumont leys lane on Friday. The car in front of me starts veering to the left. Thought he was pulling over , but then the car hits the kerb really hard. Think he damaged his car , put his hazards on straight away. Luckily no one was on the pavement, and luckily he missed a car that was waiting to come out of Heacham drive.

• 2 weeks later...

The useless dicks that take up more  parking space than they need in on-street parking bays.

There's some marked out spaces in Hinckley where there's easily room for three cars if parked correctly but these twats park in such a way that makes it impossible to get a third car in. It frustrates the hell out of me, particularly today as I was forced to pay and display when I only was in town for ten minutes.

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

122.png

I ride a motorcycle, so I had to tie the helium balloons (ready filled) to my backpack (not scrotum). I had a hairy moment when I was making my way to the front of a queue of traffic and a husky dog stuck its head out of a car window

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I ride a motorcycle, so I had to tie the helium balloons (ready filled) to my backpack (not scrotum). I had a hairy moment when I was making my way to the front of a queue of traffic and a husky dog stuck its head out of a car window

You sure they weren't tied to your scrotum?

On roundabout on the entrance to works industrial estate (junction off a dual carriageway) and as I'm indicating to come off at the next exit a taxi comes flying across the front of me from the entrance I'm passing and off that exit. What happened the the whole idea of giving way to traffic on the roundabout?

Also - lane discipline. 3 lanes approaching a roundabout with three other exits - how hard is it to stay left for the first exit, middle lane to go straight over and right to take the third exit, rather than go in the left lane and carve up people going straight on?

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

On roundabout on the entrance to works industrial estate (junction off a dual carriageway) and as I'm indicating to come off at the next exit a taxi comes flying across the front of me from the entrance I'm passing and off that exit. What happened the the whole idea of giving way to traffic on the roundabout?

Also - lane discipline. 3 lanes approaching a roundabout with three other exits - how hard is it to stay left for the first exit, middle lane to go straight over and right to take the third exit, rather than go in the left lane and carve up people going straight on?

This always pisses me off. If you get in the wrong lane, then go the wrong way and sort it out when you can safely and conveniently do so. So many people get in the wrong lane, so stop with their indicator on, holding up everyone who picked the correct lane. Or chop and cut across, wankers!

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This always pisses me off. If you get in the wrong lane, then go the wrong way and sort it out when you can safely and conveniently do so. So many people get in the wrong lane, so stop with their indicator on, holding up everyone who picked the correct lane. Or chop and cut across, wankers!

I always go the wrong way when that happens, but I can understand why people do it.

I remember being in the wrong lane, trying to come back from Birminham. It added 15 miles to my journey. I finally got back to my original point, and ended up doing the same bloody thing again!

On the subject of roundabouts, it amazes me the amount of people who cant use the Hobby Horse roundabout on the A46. Particularly those coming from the A607 (Asda roundabout) and going straight over the HH Roundabout to get onto the A46 towards Nottingham. The 2 right-hand lanes approaching the roundabout lead on to the roundabout. There are then 3 lanes to go onto on the roundabout. The left-hand lane goes straight on, the middle lane goes straight on AND right, and the right-hand lane goes right only. So for the 2 junctions to enter the roundabout, they are clearly marked, and common sense says that the left hand entry lane goes straight on only, so you go to the left hand lane of the roundabout. So many times i've been in the righthand lane, turning right, i go to the middle lane to turn right because i need to go left immediately after coming off the roundabout. Common sense, right? 

So why do so many people cut straight into the middle lane on the roundabout from the left entry lane, then go straight on? I've had so many near misses on that roundabout!

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

On the subject of roundabouts, it amazes me the amount of people who cant use the Hobby Horse roundabout on the A46. Particularly those coming from the A607 (Asda roundabout) and going straight over the HH Roundabout to get onto the A46 towards Nottingham. The 2 right-hand lanes approaching the roundabout lead on to the roundabout. There are then 3 lanes to go onto on the roundabout. The left-hand lane goes straight on, the middle lane goes straight on AND right, and the right-hand lane goes right only. So for the 2 junctions to enter the roundabout, they are clearly marked, and common sense says that the left hand entry lane goes straight on only, so you go to the left hand lane of the roundabout. So many times i've been in the righthand lane, turning right, i go to the middle lane to turn right because i need to go left immediately after coming off the roundabout. Common sense, right? 

So why do so many people cut straight into the middle lane on the roundabout from the left entry lane, then go straight on? I've had so many near misses on that roundabout!

Know your pain on this one. People seriously can't use that roundabout at all. Everytime I visit my grandparents in Thurmaston I have to be on the ball to avoid being hit. 

2 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I always go the wrong way when that happens, but I can understand why people do it.

I remember being in the wrong lane, trying to come back from Birminham. It added 15 miles to my journey. I finally got back to my original point, and ended up doing the same bloody thing again!

Did you come off the Aston Expressway too early and finish up going north on the M6 instead of south?

I've done that several times.

when you're at traffic lights and there's 2 lanes - 1 lane goes left, the other goes straight.

I'm in the lane that goes straight and the kid next to me tries to cut in in front of me as he's in the wrong lane.

why not just wait til there's a gap in the traffic instead of nearly causing an accident/collision at a busy junction??

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

when you're at traffic lights and there's 2 lanes - 1 lane goes left, the other goes straight.

I'm in the lane that goes straight and the kid next to me tries to cut in in front of me as he's in the wrong lane.

why not just wait til there's a gap in the traffic instead of nearly causing an accident/collision at a busy junction??

People do this constantly when I'm driving to work. It's as if people don't want to wait five minutes so instead try to beat everybody by cutting across.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People do this constantly when I'm driving to work. It's as if people don't want to wait five minutes so instead try to beat everybody by cutting across.

So they would have been holding up the traffic behind them for five minutes?  I understand people cutting in as long they have done it safety.

12 minutes ago, The Blur said:

So they would have been holding up the traffic behind them for five minutes?  I understand people cutting in as long they have done it safety.

What?

No I mean, instead of getting in the right lane they go in the left lane knowing they're going right and then cut from left to right. It's not hard to just get in the right lane and wait five mins.

20 minutes ago, The Blur said:

being in the wrong lane to start with is tolerable as it can be a genuine mistake. To try and get in ahead of traffic in the correct lane (going straight in my example) when the lights go green is just stupid and asking for an accident. 

10 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I did this on the roundabout where Tamworth services are. Coming from the A5 trying to go to the Stoneydelph centre, ended up going down the M42 twice. Must have added 60 miles onto my journey altogether lol