Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

4 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

This tit been parked across the pavement on Upperton Road all morning! For people with prams to go on the road to get past, right on the busy junction with Fosse Road!!

photo (1).JPG

What does the note say?

(Just thought I'd ask so I don't have to read it later when I pick up my car)

• Like 2

Someone hit me two years ago, and claimed it was my fault. Changed the story on their claim form to protect their No Claims Bonus. Then of course they all suffered whiplash etc.

I wouldn't accept responsibility, wouldn't agree to 50/50, totally stuck to my guns and said I would be happy to see them in court.

At the end they bottled it, refused to go to court, which is a shame as I would have run rings round them. 

Worth sticking to to your guns in these situations, there was no way I was allowing them to claim for injuries off my policy when it was clear it was just a tiny bump.

Another horrible side is the amount of phone calls you get from firms wanting you to claim for injuries that you never suffered. 

After dropping my daughter off at dancing i'm driving home and notice 2 guys (father and son say 60 yrs and 30 yrs respectively) in the distance waiting for lights to turn red before crossing the road. Car in the right hand lane is a little further ahead than me so i notice the son has walked to the middle of the road then once the car in right hand lane has gone past him would continue to cross the road (all this whilst the lights are still green) 

The father has waited on the pavement before crossing, sensible you would think. Oh no. Once the car has gone past his son the father decides to walk out right in front of me. It was one of those situations where you have pre-empted what was going to happen so i had my foot ready on the brake. I still had to do an emergency stop whilst this daft cnut is stood there in front of me. Im going f****** mental at which point he decides to hurl abuse back at me. WTF.

I've now got out the car and telling this nonce what for. The son has had to come over and apologize to which i've then told him that his dad has panicked cause he decides to cross when the light was still green after watching him go. There was still loads of traffic behind me so why they couldn't have just waited for the lights to go red. Impatient wankers. The dad was still fuming although i have no idea why. Lucky to not have ended up in hospital. Dickhead

I was just glad i was on my own and didn't have the kids in the car.

someone on the roundabout for the M1 junction near Markfield this morning realised he was in the wrong lane at the last second and nearly rammed me off the road as he cut me up from the left hand lane to try to get across me in the middle lane (both lanes lead to the M1 North) and he tried to carry on round the roundabout. He left it way too late, I had to slam on my breaks as I was coming off the roundabout onto the sliproad for the M1 North, he had to swerve to avoid me and ended up having to go up the sliproad anyway :rolleyes:

I ended up being behind him in the outside land of the M1 all the way to the next junction, where he again left it to the last possible second to cut across the other 2 lanes of traffic to leave at the junction, but not before pulling back alongside me to apologise for his insane driving and moronic behaviour. I say apologise, what he actually did was stick his middle finger up and hurl more abuse at me.

He was blatantly in the wrong but somehow felt the need to blame me for following the correct lane and not seeing him in the wrong lane in my blindspot on the roundabout.

I wouldn't say it annoyed me though, I'm still laughing in disbelief about it now to be fair.

It really is ridiculous how one road closure on Soar Valley Way can lead to queues on the A46.

I'm a mug. I usually always check maps before I go home from work in Glenfield as there's a decent scenic route through Ratby & Desford back to Narborough. Didn't bother earlier and ended up taking an hour and a half to get home.

Some c*** sounding their horn because I've had the temerity to turn right when in a lane that turns right when they presumably didn't think it did.

Mind you, the amount of people that mess up at that turn (near Sandicliffe) I should have just gone in the right lane to save myself the hassle

• 2 weeks later...

One from last week. I was driving down the M1, popped into the right hand lane to overtake a pair of Lorries that were trundling in the middle lane, only to have to brake sharply when the lorry driver pulled into the bloody right hand lane! Wish I had a dashcam so I could have reported the tosser to the Plod.

It didn't really annoy me, but I didn't know where else to put it.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-hundreds-of-a426-lutterworth-road-drivers-caught-using-bus-lane-hours-after-camera-is-activated/story-29904158-detail/story.html

It's the usual thing - you're asked not to do something, you insist on doing it anyway and then eventually you get fined, at which point you become furious.  The comments are gold - someone seemingly wants a refund on their 'road tax' because of this

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Lorries overtaking other lorries at 1mph faster.

At least they overtook Wymes ! ...    I got stuck behind 2 fookers the other day who just sat side by side for bleedin ages ...    one would pull ahead then the other would catch up !!   Did my nut in !!

Eventually the one 'overtaking' pulled back in and as I went by some pleasantries were exchanged.   :ph34r:

(And before you ask @Buce I wasn't on my tractor.   :)).

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Lorries overtaking other lorries at 1mph faster.

I bet this was because they'd be governed to 56mph (or whatever) and there's likely to be a slight variation in the different vehicles. Then, with cruise control set at max, they just plough ignorantly along.

On 21/09/2016 at 14:33, Babylon said:

The fat bloke on the moped going down the A46 at 30mph every day at 4.30pm... I appreciate you're doing nothing legally wrong. But FFS, you're causing a tailback of a mile at least and you're adding 10 minutes to my journey every day.  How about pulling in to the lay-by every now and again to actually let traffic past safely without causing grid lock. :dry:

I got caught in this two days on the spin last week going down the A6 about 4ish. Absolutely ridiculous. That shouldn't be allowed.

On 06/11/2016 at 09:43, Bellend Sebastian said:

Some c*** sounding their horn because I've had the temerity to turn right when in a lane that turns right when they presumably didn't think it did.

Mind you, the amount of people that mess up at that turn (near Sandicliffe) I should have just gone in the right lane to save myself the hassle

If its the junction right outside Sandicliffe's you are wrong, all three lanes can go straight and only the right hand lane can turn right. Next time you do the same and the car on your right hand side goes straight you maybe gonna have an insurance claim against you.

2 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

If its the junction right outside Sandicliffe's you are wrong, all three lanes can go straight and only the right hand lane can turn right. Next time you do the same and the car on your right hand side goes straight you maybe gonna have an insurance claim against you.

Are we talking about the Sandicliffe near the stadium? I'm intrigued as to who is right and who is wrong. (i'm bored at work lol )