Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

I've got til November!

Interesting this. My job involves closely working with police and I asked them a while back about this using your phone whilst driving law. A few of them openly said that although officers will look to catch people out while on the roads and always keep an eye out for it, if you're in a queue of traffic/in a traffic jam stationary and they see you on your phone they won't do anything or are unlikely to take the time out to punish you. Surprised me because I thought all police officers were stringent and strict with its use under any circumstance when it came to this law 

I got 3 points on my licence a few years ago under these exact circumstances (Sat at a red traffic light)! I'm sure i mentioned it on ft somewhere before, but i wasn't even using my phone, i took it out of my pocket to put on the phone holder. Policeman wasn't having any of it.

The local council put in some stop signs on a road near my daughter's school. Everyone kept driving through. They then painted the lines on the road and now most people stop. Some idiots keep driving through.

Frustrated the heck out of me that people were either just ignoring the stop sign before or pay so little attention to what is going on around them.

20 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I got 3 points on my licence a few years ago under these exact circumstances (Sat at a red traffic light)! I'm sure i mentioned it on ft somewhere before, but i wasn't even using my phone, i took it out of my pocket to put on the phone holder. Policeman wasn't having any of it.

I don't believe you either. As excuses go it's right up there with tripping over and falling dick first into the secretary

17 hours ago, Firegrande said:

Pedestrians that press the crossing, cross before the green man, thus leaving me sat at a crossing with nobody crossing

I dont even drive and this annoys me. The only I will press the crossing button if its genuinely busy, or I'm with the kids.. Don't want to teach them my bad habits

Edited by Beliall

Heads up if you live in, visit, travel through the town. A major route into Hinckley is set to close for 5 months:

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news/local-news/major-road-through-hinckley-set-12653264#comments-section

We've had months of disruption due to Severn Trent upgrading sewers and water pipes and now we have to suffer yet more. This closure will bring chaos to Derby road, Ashby Road, Spa Lane, London Road, John Street, Butt Lane (yes, it's a name) and so many rat run routes.

17 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I'm originally from a small village and few hundred metres from my mums house this happened on Friday.

T

Speeding by the looks of it maybe, and not paying attention

Edited by FoxesDeb

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/taxi-passenger-who-caused-crash-that-killed-popular-teacher-sam-boulton-fined-80/story-30177888-detail/story.html?afterReg=Y

Saw this has been mentioned, very sad.

Area around the station is a total mess for traffic and unbelievably poorly planned. This was not an accident and avoidable on many fronts.

Sir Pete should get on his bike or send his family up and down London Road, maybe the pedestrian exclusivity of the leafy New Walk wouldn't be so precious to him. 

17 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

I'm originally from a small village and few hundred metres from my mums house this happened on Friday.

what was that driver doing?

What a complete bellend. I hope after the video finished the horse that trotted out of shot comes charging back and levels the driver. 

i must have said this before on here but traffic/drivers, while on the motorway, don't pull over in to the 2nd lane as other traffic joins from the slip road. I don't think they realise they could cause accidents and it's just total lack of awareness for other road users.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:09, cambridgefox said:

what was that driver doing?

Glad the horse seems to be ok...liked the way the police instantaneously arrive.

Cnut driver should have  his licence cut in two.

If it was a child on a bicycle they'd be dead.

Edited by Tuna

On the M1 earlier just going passed the slip road where LFE services joins. The driver in front of me is only going about 60 but whatever, not worth overtaking in 6:30pm traffic since I'm coming off at J21.

Then a lorry is coming to join the motorway from the services at least 50 yards away from actually merging, completely level with me and going half our speed.

Cue the driver in front of me to slam the brakes on to slow to approx 15mph and wait for this artic to get in ahead.

If it had been someone behind him that wasn't coming off at Leicester, it's very likely they'd have been checking their

mirror at that moment looking to overtake and would have ended up in an air ambulance.

It defies belief that people trust themselves behind the wheel of a car if they freak out at the one of the most common occurrences on the busiest road in the country.

Just last week I was travelling with my son in the car on a 40mph road when this car came out of no where to sit up my arse! I was doing bang on 40 and this female driver was no more than half a metre from my bumper persistently for a good 2 miles making no attempt to overtake.

I lost it and stopped my car dead in the middle of the road at which point she actually tried to go past me when she thought I was getting out. So I carried on driving and eventually she left the road that we was on. I swear she was on something as she just didn't seem to care that I had a child on board. 

I'm sure this will certainly have been mentioned before but another thing that drives me crazy is drivers who just sit in the middle lane on the motorway at about 60mph which results in people undertaking them from the slow lane. Absolute idiots. 

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Glad the horse seems to be ok...liked the way the police instantaneously arrive.

Cnut driver should have  his licence cut in two.

If it was a child on a bicycle they'd be dead.

We were saying just that,or even another car and it would have been carnage.

its 30mph for a few more 100 metres.

The rider on the floor is fine and both the horses are ok according to a friend who works at the equestrian centre,which is only a 2 min walk away towards where the horse bolted.

Made randomly the Australian news!

11 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

We were saying just that,or even another car and it would have been carnage.

its 30mph for a few more 100 metres.

The rider on the floor is fine and both the horses are ok according to a friend who works at the equestrian centre,which is only a 2 min walk away towards where the horse bolted.

Made randomly the Australian news!

According to this the family are claiming the driver had a stroke at the wheel.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/transport/warning-graphic-video-driver-hits-two-horses-and-riders-after-being-taken-ill-at-the-wheel-on-fenland-country-road-1-7851465

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Might explain it.People tend to jump to conclusions,even me here.If he did fall ill i think everyone involved can think themselves lucky as it could have been a more tragic story.

26 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Do you normally stop the car and then drive off slowly and pull up at the side of the road if you've had a stroke?

No idea, never had a stroke, let alone one whilst driving.

• Like 1