Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Followed a learner driver in a bright yellow Seat into my estate tonight. The girl stops at the entrance, blocking the road. Sounded my horn at her. She puts her indicator on, still blocking the road. She then decides to try and reverse back onto the main road which I am stuck on because I can't go anywhere. She then gets out of the car and stands at the side of the car (still blocking the road ! ). The other person in the car gets in the drivers seat , leaving the novice behind. Eventually the car moves about 10 metres and stops again , still blocking the flipping road. Eventually she moved out of the way

Edited by isaidno

• 3 weeks later...

Guy in some poncy baby white BMW SUV pulled out from a roadside parking space right in front of me and I had to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid collision. Luckily no harm done, I got back in lane in front of him, only to see him making a willy puller sign at me in the rear view mirror. A little bit further along the road splits into two lanes at the traffic lights and that gave him the opportunity to pull up next to me, which he did, and then he wound his window down and said "you ****ing **** why didn't you let me out", to which I calmly replied "you pulled out right in front of me, you're supposed to wait until the road is clear before pulling out, you weren't even indicating", and then he said, "**** you, you ****ing willy puller" while at the same time dropping his clutch to speed away aggressively. Only problem was the lights were still on red, and there was a little Citroen or something sat about 5m ahead of him. As soon as he realised he slammed his brakes on and started a skid which planted him beautifully right into the back of the Citroen at about 2mph. The lady in the Citroen seemed unharmed and I couldn't help but piss myself laughing as I drove past.

Now I'm wondering if I should call the police as a witness to make sure he takes the blame, what do you think?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barky said:

Guy in some poncy baby white BMW SUV pulled out from a roadside parking space right in front of me and I had to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid collision. Luckily no harm done, I got back in lane in front of him, only to see him making a willy puller sign at me in the rear view mirror. A little bit further along the road splits into two lanes at the traffic lights and that gave him the opportunity to pull up next to me, which he did, and then he wound his window down and said "you ****ing **** why didn't you let me out", to which I calmly replied "you pulled out right in front of me, you're supposed to wait until the road is clear before pulling out, you weren't even indicating", and then he said, "**** you, you ****ing willy puller" while at the same time dropping his clutch to speed away aggressively. Only problem was the lights were still on red, and there was a little Citroen or something sat about 5m ahead of him. As soon as he realised he slammed his brakes on and started a skid which planted him beautifully right into the back of the Citroen at about 2mph. The lady in the Citroen seemed unharmed and I couldn't help but piss myself laughing as I drove past.

Now I'm wondering if I should call the police as a witness to make sure he takes the blame, what do you think?

Word of caution.  Something similar happened to my wife a few years ago except that the guy pulling out hit her.  No expletives, this guy wasn't such a knuckle dragger as the one you encountered, but it seemed to me to be an open and shut case, he pulled out from a parking space while she was passing and managed to hit the LHS of our car.  However the insurance companies agreed on a no blame collision which I found incredible.  I can't help thinking that although the BMW driver was totally culpable for the collision with the Citroen they might find some way to involve you.  As it stands at present he drove through a red light and hit another car which without additional information should drop him into the clag.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 15:31, Barky said:

I'm guessing that the car in front of him was stationary at the red light and he shunted it. The police won't do anything as it is a NPI (no personal injury) collision.

B4114 this morning. Dual carriageway after the Toby Carvery. Ambulance in the outside lane. What's the best course of action if you're a car in front of the ambulance. Move over into the left is the best option.

Obviously not for the bozo who came to a complete stop in the outside lane to let the ambulance pass. :rolleyes: (There was nothing in the inside lane blocking him from coming in, either.)

3 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

Every Saturday and lately everyday. People thinking Leicester only has one car park and bringing all around the holiday inn to a standstill and the underpass. Whats so special about the Highcross car park? 

But it's got nice big spaces and if you park on level three you don't have to climb any stairs!

Forget the fact it's the most expensive car park in the city centre (citation needed) and the queue to get in is huge. Personally I use Abbey St. There's a whole other debate about public transport in this city, which essentially forces the manic spree for car parking as it's so expensive.

Honourable mention too for Fosse Park, which is, apparently, absolutely horrific to try and get in this week?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

But it's got nice big spaces and if you park on level three you don't have to climb any stairs!

Forget the fact it's the most expensive car park in the city centre (citation needed) and the queue to get in is huge. Personally I use Abbey St. There's a whole other debate about public transport in this city, which essentially forces the manic spree for car parking as it's so expensive.

Honourable mention too for Fosse Park, which is, apparently, absolutely horrific to try and get in this week?

Abbey St yesterday, no queue to get in, loads of spaces up a few floors, £4 for the whole day, 5 min walk to Highcross. No exit queue, straight out and onto the Belgrave Road. Twats queuing from Highcross up Hinckley Rd as far as Fosse Rd to pay £7;50 for 3 hrs... serves 'em right.

Foyer smells a bit of piss, though.

This has happened a lot to me and I don't even live that way, but some twat in a BMW (for a change) going around the Glenfield hospital round about, on the near side lane. And I could see he or she was messing with the sat nav, cut across me, went through a red light and in to the hospital! Fantastic piece of driving!

3 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

This has happened a lot to me and I don't even live that way, but some twat in a BMW (for a change) going around the Glenfield hospital round about, on the near side lane. And I could see he or she was messing with the sat nav, cut across me, went through a red light and in to the hospital! Fantastic piece of driving!

Sorry mate, these sat navs are a pain and i didn't even see the lights you mention.

Was driving back from the West Ham game on New Years Eve, on the M1 and this Micra comes full pelt  past us(I don't know how fast they can go but it seemed around 90mph)... He was overtaking and undercutting everybody, swerving in and out and nearly hit a few cars... He'd go fast, pass a couple of cars, then break really hard. We went around him in the outside lane because he was just in the middle lane but as we did he drifted towards us and I thought we would collide... Then he'd go fast again, undercut at speed, and brake.

There's not many times when I'm "scared" on the road, if not at all, but in this situation I was looking at somebody who looked like he'd had a couple of drinks.

Edited by Fox92

On 30/12/2016 at 13:45, smallpauldj said:

Every Saturday and lately everyday. People thinking Leicester only has one car park and bringing all around the holiday inn to a standstill and the underpass. Whats so special about the Highcross car park? 

This.

However the ***** coming round the holiday inn and blocking the great big yellow ****ing box that's there for a reason, meaning those coming through the underpass can't move anywhere when the lights change are the ****ing worst. Sorry rant over ish,

I went to pick up a ticket from the ground the day before the west ham game, I found the general standard of driving in Leicester to be on a current par with that of Naples to be honest, the amount of people who pick a lane, then cut you up only to realise they need the lane they had started off in, I mean is it that difficult to understand road signs and white markings on the roads?

Edited by Bayfox

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

This.

However the ***** coming round the holiday inn and blocking the great big yellow ****ing box that's there for a reason, meaning those coming through the underpass can't move anywhere when the lights change are the ****ing worst. Sorry rant over ish,

This is a problem. On blue lights coming through the underpass we get through fairly easily until we get to that yellow box. Then it's completely blocked and we can't get through either to go left to the A50 or straight on down Burley's Way. A major cause of this are buses and HGV's who should know better.

Here is the prob on Sats and recently around the underpass. if your coming down the slip road, there is a box which needs to be extended so the underpass traffic cant block the road either. The box only gets blocked up as the slip road would never move otherwise. As a bus driver i can be coming into town on time at the Holiday inn and end up leaving town 5 mins late due to the traffic despite getting 7 mins on the stand. 

1 hour ago, Shaneb said:

Yassar Yaqub...................

and the news of  'he did nothing' wrong and people are holding a vigil and protests and black lives matter are getting on the bandwagon...Now i'm not making assumptions, but if he was a drug baron as described by the media and he had a firearm in his car then I have no sympathy.

Wrong thread?

I cannot understand those people who people who think that signalling is a kind of road weakness; however I've got used to the fact that indicators are a thing of the past and I just have to wait and see where other drivers are actually going. However; there seems to be a new breed of roundabout users who seem to signal no mater what.

" I'm turning off here...no I'm not..I'm turning off at the next exit...haha" leaving me on an emergency stop in the middle of roundabout traffic. I'm sure they are doing this on purpose to have a laugh in their rear view mirror to lighten up their sour miserable lives on the road.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Driving to work this morning... I took the slip road as usual, right indicator on (obviously) and approaching the dual carriageway. This guy in the car behind is trying to overtake me - starts flashing me - at which point when I go to get on the bypass he nearly hits me... Consider that we're travelling 50/60mph here (without doubt he's doing more). Absolute idiot. We both get on, I'm in the inside lane so he overtakes me and then just starts undercutting cars in front.