Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

7 hours ago, adam1 said:

Another pet hate is those who slam their brakes on the first sign of amber when there is time for you and them to go through. Same also goes to those who drive slowly approaching a green light.

I seem to remember that the Highway Code states that an amber should be treated as a red and you should stop. It's not a signal to accelerate and get through as quickly as possible. It's purpose is to give you adequate warning that you need to stop.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DB11 said:

If the light's been on green for a while then surely you're preparing for it to change? Good forward planning to prevent an accident or sudden braking imo.

I tend to prepare by slamming my foot on the accelerator and climb into the boot of the car in front.

My problem is quite easy to understand...

Annoying are the ones who have the bloody cheek , arrogance and selfishness to use the roads

exactly the same time as me. Drives me crazy and really grinds my gears.

Then those bozos with chequered cars and blue lights  doo daaa doo ddaa   ing all over the place.

Then whupping whupping, as tho they are going to a Vardy party.

Then those strange grayhaired types, with strange trollies counting every  black n white stripe while crossing the road.

obviously the most crazy ones those who push out their kids first in prams to check if its safe...

Dogs and cats are quite cute though, trying to see if they can beat me to it...

Motorbike and cyclists are entertaining and one can spend alot of  the time of day having fun with them,

whether they are just passing or in  front, open the door and sort of get them on the rebound.

funny how even in middle flight their middle finger tends to get cramp.

Annoying not really when you think about it, just amusing.

The gents who flash when coming from behind, like Jimmy saville in the good ol days. Thats when I put my trilby hat on

then take the middle or outside lane and slow right down..going the same pace as the lorry besides me.

I get some funnyface shots from my rear set  sports camera......:riyad:

Guest seanfox778
8 hours ago, Babylon said:

• People who indicate to change lane, then think that one indication is enough to sweep from the outside to the inside lane on the motorway in the space of three seconds because they haven't left themselves enough time to get off the motorway safely.

Also the people that get 3/4 into their new lane and then put their indicator on, just don't bother haha. 

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

My problem is quite easy to understand...

Annoying are the ones who have the bloody cheek , arrogance and selfishness to use the roads

exactly the same time as me. Drives me crazy and really grinds my gears.

Then those bozos with chequered cars and blue lights  doo daaa doo ddaa   ing all over the place.

Then whupping whupping, as tho they are going to a Vardy party.

Then those strange grayhaired types, with strange trollies counting every  black n white stripe while crossing the road.

obviously the most crazy ones those who push out their kids first in prams to check if its safe...

Dogs and cats are quite cute though, trying to see if they can beat me to it...

Motorbike and cyclists are entertaining and one can spend alot of  the time of day having fun with them,

whether they are just passing or in  front, open the door and sort of get them on the rebound.

funny how even in middle flight their middle finger tends to get cramp.

Annoying not really when you think about it, just amusing.

The gents who flash when coming from behind, like Jimmy saville in the good ol days. Thats when I put my trilby hat on

then take the middle or outside lane and slow right down..going the same pace as the lorry besides me.

I get some funnyface shots from my rear set  sports camera......:riyad:

Ha ha, lol You enjoyed typing that.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

People who use hazards as an excuse to park anywhere (and it always seems to be taxi drivers) are just the worst sort of people

Now now, even failing biologists know that taxi drivers cant be classed as people....

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I seem to remember that the Highway Code states that an amber should be treated as a red and you should stop. It's not a signal to accelerate and get through as quickly as possible. It's purpose is to give you adequate warning that you need to stop.

Whenever I cut it a bit fine at the lights (which isn't often) and think to myself, well that was a bit naughty, I look in my mirror and there's ALWAYS one and often two cars that have followed me through them.

I do see increasing numbers of people that seem to be basically ignoring the lights and just going through them if there's nothing coming. As well as those going through the lights after they've changed, I've also seen folk going through BEFORE they've changed to green. Add these clowns to those that plough on through after they've changed and, well, nothing could possibly go wrong, could it?

It's one of those things that seems to get gradually shitter over time, so they'll probably just roll out more red light cameras eventually to give everyone something else to moan about

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing a lot of cycling lately because traffic in my parts is terrible so a 20 minute car journey to work takes my bike 15 minutes following the exact same roads and there are a couple of things that have been bugging me:

- When you get to a bit of road where the bike lane disappears (but there's still a bike marking at the start of the lane-less section indicating for cars to be aware of cyclists using the road) and numerous drivers decide this means they have to see how close they can get to the pavement without mounting it which at peak times inevitably means you end up cycling on the pavement because of all these daft twats stuck in traffic going nowhere and blocking your way.

- When you overtake another cyclist then when you've been stopped at a set of traffic lights and they catch up to you again they decide that rather than wait behind or next to you they'll go beyond the edge of the marked-out cyclist zone and stop in front of you so you have to pull into traffic to overtake them all over again.  I've seen a lot of this over the past few weeks.  Absolute wankers.

Went to a strange town centre parking maze and when I tried to figure out how Mr Rubic had designed it 30years ago and now all the markings have weathered I got horned beeped and fingers flicked all the way out. The way I figured they were all just yokels and this isn't a public road so I'm going to get out the best way I see fit.

21 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Been doing a lot of cycling lately because traffic in my parts is terrible so a 20 minute car journey to work takes my bike 15 minutes following the exact same roads and there are a couple of things that have been bugging me:

- When you get to a bit of road where the bike lane disappears (but there's still a bike marking at the start of the lane-less section indicating for cars to be aware of cyclists using the road) and numerous drivers decide this means they have to see how close they can get to the pavement without mounting it which at peak times inevitably means you end up cycling on the pavement because of all these daft twats stuck in traffic going nowhere and blocking your way.

- When you overtake another cyclist then when you've been stopped at a set of traffic lights and they catch up to you again they decide that rather than wait behind or next to you they'll go beyond the edge of the marked-out cyclist zone and stop in front of you so you have to pull into traffic to overtake them all over again.  I've seen a lot of this over the past few weeks.  Absolute wankers.

That's mad!

So you save time and petrol, help the environment and get fit in the process. Sounds like a win, win, win, win to me! 

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's mad!

So you save time and petrol, help the environment and get fit in the process. Sounds like a win, win, win, win to me! 

I know right!  Obviously all being well it is actually quicker just to drive because the journey should only take about 10 minutes but at peak times the bike wins hands down.

Is it just me who is getting increasingly annoyed with the seemingly endless infestation of supermarket home delivery vans?

If they are not blocking the road or parking inconsiderately making deliveries to fat people too lazy to go to the supermarket they are clogging the roads at slow speed, not to mention the toxic fumes they're spewing all over the place.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Is it just me who is getting increasingly annoyed with the seemingly endless infestation of supermarket home delivery vans?

If they are not blocking the road or parking inconsiderately making deliveries to fat people too lazy to go to the supermarket they are clogging the roads at slow speed, not to mention the toxic fumes they're spewing all over the place.

I think that's very naive of you. What about people that are disabled and unable to go shopping? What about the elderly who may have no form of transport? What about people that have to stay at home to care for relatives? I think home delivery has revolutionised shopping and people that were previously unable to do and had to rely on carers or favours can now feel more independent.

On 25/09/2016 at 18:14, DB11 said:

Was driving on the M1 yesterday and there was just a van stationary in lane four with its hazards :| That had the potential to be very dangerous - vehicles swerving to avoid it and almost hitting vehicles that were in the next lane.

Rang 999 though and as someone who does not use their mobile phone whilst driving it felt very weird to be using it on the roads

I hope you pulled onto the hard shoulder or waited till the services before calling or otherwise you tried to help a dangerous situation by creating a new dangerous situation

18 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

I hope you pulled onto the hard shoulder or waited till the services before calling or otherwise you tried to help a dangerous situation by creating a new dangerous situation

No I didn't. Ringing 999 is a lawful exemption to using a mobile phone whilst driving. Waited til the services?! This literally had the potential to be life or death situation and was time critical. 

19 minutes ago, DB11 said:

No I didn't. Ringing 999 is a lawful exemption to using a mobile phone whilst driving. Waited til the services?! This literally had the potential to be life or death situation and was time critical. 

And I would argue that a safer option would have been to pull onto the hard shoulder and make the call considering the speeds on the motorway. 

2 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

And I would argue that a safer option would have been to pull onto the hard shoulder and make the call considering the speeds on the motorway. 

Well I think you have to put it into context and I can ensure you that my actions did not endanger any person. In fact, I'd go as far to say that they potentially saved lives. 

Driving down Beaumont leys lane tonight. Stuck behind a learner driver doing less than 20mph . Some nob in a Ka decides to blast past me and the learner driver , even though there is oncoming traffic. Swerves back in, nearly hitting me , the learner driver , and the oncoming traffic. Fuming

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:11, syston_fox said:

Most new cars and lorries are blue tooth equipped. There is actually a button on my steering wheel which connects to audio telephone services. I keep accidentally pressing it and a voice comes through the speakers " how may I help you".

I now give up saying sorry and ask for the nearest dry cleaners. The details are transmitted to my sat nav and I have on screen directions to the dry cleaners. A not so serious incident happened when a lorry was on the hard shoulder with it's back end poking into lane one. I pressed the button alerted Audi telephone audio system and my location was taken via smart technology.

I got a text stating traffic police were on route on my dashboard screen!

And with siri. blue tooth, hive and wifi I can turn my heating on at home when doing 70mph (+9.9%) without taking my hands off the steering wheel or eyes off the road.

Hard shoulders on a motorway are a very dangerous place to be.

• Like 2

This thread is so scary, people willingly putting it out there that they clearly have no idea about the rules of the road and that people driving correctly are causing them all sorts of issues.

Genuinely think the speed awareness course would benefit the majority of the driving population regardless of conviction.